Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Data useage

Feedback Score

Data useage

How accurate is everyone's data usage per freewind's tracking? Mine is way off with them throttling me well before my plan limit. Almost 1gb early on an 8gb plan. Advised tech support. Got excuses so far. Keep track using your phones own counter and compare.

Device(s)
    RIM9790
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    I've been throttled while roaming since my billing date (Apr 25)... I'd been throttled before my billing date, as per normal, but didn't get sped up after... I did actually use about 1.8 gigs last month, so I wasn't surprised about being throttled.

This month, I'm down to 32kbps with 20Mbps up, and I'm hoping the next cycle fixes things...

Usage on the home network appears OK

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk
    --------------------------------
    Un petit d'un petit
    S'étonne aux Halles
    Un petit d'un petit
    Ah! degrés te fallent

Old French Proverb from the book of; Mots D'Heures Gousses Rames

(I am the Stig!)

Feedback Score
    My usage is usually really accurate, I get throttled pretty much exactly at 500 megs over my high speed limit. That's going by my phones data usage tracking, if I go by winds then they are usually 200 megs lower than what my phone says I've used.

Sent from my LGLS992 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I got the usage warning yesterday. When I checked with *123# and it says I've used 1.1 GB. This morning I checked my phone and it says I'm at 3.5 GB (still not near my 5 GB threshold, as far as I'm concerned).

I messaged Freedom Support on Twitter (@Freedom_Cares I think), but no response. I'm not on Bookface so I can't ask there.

I'm not overly concerned, personally, because there are no overage charges, and my billing cycle ends tomorrow. Plus this is the most data I've used in a billing cycle in a long time.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    BB Passport, MS 650DS, W10 Alcatel Idol 4s
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've never been throttled as far as I know, I've never received any notification about it nor have I noticed any serious slow down of speeds and I'm been with WIND/Freedom for over 7 years. Admittedly, back in the early days it was sometimes hard to tell whether you had been throttled or not but I was often over the soft data cap and nothing ever happened, I think much later they became stricter about it. I'm currently on the grandfathered US roaming package with 10GB soft cap and am only using about half of that per month so they'd have to be really inaccurate to start throttling me!

Device(s)
    BB Passport, MS 650DS, W10 Alcatel Idol 4s
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by memoryguy View Post
    I got the usage warning yesterday. When I checked with *123# and it says I've used 1.1 GB. This morning I checked my phone and it says I'm at 3.5 GB (still not near my 5 GB threshold, as far as I'm concerned).

I messaged Freedom Support on Twitter (@Freedom_Cares I think), but no response. I'm not on Bookface so I can't ask there.

I'm not overly concerned, personally, because there are no overage charges, and my billing cycle ends tomorrow. Plus this is the most data I've used in a billing cycle in a long time.

For customer service I've always had good luck with their Twitter account, @freedomsupport. Give them a try if you have an account.

Feedback Score
    Correct no overage charges....BUT...... I'm paying for LTE speed. Their 3G/256kbs is absolutely useless (for my purposes). The only reason I'd stay with them is for full speed LTE. If they throttle before I even reach that limit, there's no value in it.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity -> WIND Mobile -> Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    There's probably something wrong with their tracker. I believe that people complained about the same issue a year ago but it was fixed that time.

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mann Incognito View Post
    For customer service I've always had good luck with their Twitter account, @freedomsupport. Give them a try if you have an account.
    Ah right, that is the one I tweeted to. Still no response. Maybe because I posted before business hours, so it scrolled off the screen before anyone saw it

Feedback Score

Freedom/Wind sends the usage warning text message and e-mail at exactly the 70% point of your monthly full usage allotment. So 3.5 GB would be the amount that would trigger that message. But since you have 5GB, and still have 1.5GB remaining, and also because they not-so-subtly way they try to sell you the 3GB add-on, I've always considered that text message and e-mail message to be nothing more than spam advertising. i can see that 70% might be a good trigger for the message on plans with less data included, but for a 5GB plan, 70% means that you still have a considerable chunk of your monthly data remaining.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phoneseeker101 View Post
    There's probably something wrong with their tracker. I believe that people complained about the same issue a year ago but it was fixed that time.
    My tracker is showing I am using zero everything....

Freedom Mobile: Smartphone 50 + $10 Double Your Data (10gb x 2 = 20gb) = $60 + TAX

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by emann56 View Post
    My tracker is showing I am using zero everything....
    Mine was doing that for a while too. This morning, after my billing period ended, my usage is still showing the same amount that it did a couple days ago when I got the usage warning.

Clearly the usage tracker is broken. Freedom needs to improve their regression testing strategy.

Feedback Score
    So what would you guys/girls do if you were actually throttled BEFORE reaching your plan full speed allotment, like I was. Yes, I've complained. Getting the bs runaround like the big three do!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Edit: Got a reply from Freedom Support on twitter, they confirmed that they are having issues with data usage meters, for some reason on their end they can see actual usage that is not visible on the My Account and through *123# as both of those options don't seem to be up to date.
    Last edited by Samshares; 05-26-2017 at 03:44 PM.
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ah right, that is the one I tweeted to. Still no response. Maybe because I posted before business hours, so it scrolled off the screen before anyone saw it

Okay, I see one reason they didn't reply to me... The tweet isn't showing up even when I view my own tweet history. So apparently the app (official twitter app) lied to me and it didn't actually post.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast