So Lenovo refuses to honor the warranty on a Straight Talk Moto E for some bullSh9*^ reason.

I've provided ample proof of purchase information and have gotten nowhere.
Today I got a few emails from them reiterating the same nonsense as to why they cannot replace the phone. However one of them claimed to offer a refund. That would be great except for the ridiculous amount of information they are asking for to do a direct deposit of the funds. That is shady in and of itself but I am curious if this is now standard practice for refunds?

I am contacting you regarding your Moto E. I apologize but we are not able to replace your device and would like to offer you a full refund for the device. Please be aware that Motorola's refunds are processed via a direct deposit to your bank. As the identification of both parties involved in the process is confirmed prior to transfer, this is considered a very safe method of refunding customers.

To process this transaction we will require that you provide certain information to us. PLEASE DO NOT SEND THE INFORMATION BY EMAIL. The information we need to process your refund by EFT is:
Name on account
Bank name
Bank address
Branch name
Branch number
Account number
Routing number
Bank account type

You may call us with the information at (866) 861-8157 and use reference number 17XXXXXXXX6. Otherwise I will be happy to call you to process the refund, if you would like me to call you can you please provide me with a good phone number and time. You should receive your refund in 4-6 weeks after we submit your information to the refund department.

Regards,
Tammie
Motorola Customer Care
Executive Customer Relations