Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 56

Thread: Calling Plus (AKA VoLTE) trails begin soon

  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,411
    Device(s)
    Product Red 128 GB iPhone 7 Qualcomm
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    And yes, VoLTE can suck even with a decent signal on Verizon. (Especially indoors) At first I thought it was my Motorola phone, but seeing the same issues with Samsung & iPhone.

    VoLTE = A nice step forward in voice quality, but an unfortunate step backwards in reliability. Pick your poison. . . . . .
    Nowhere did I mention Verizon or VoLTE reliability.

    I have no issues with my AT&T VoLTE reliability, however. I'd imagine it's more reliable than UMTS here because we only have one channel left and 95 MHz of spectrum dedicated to LTE.

    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    What do mean mean. They have said all towers will have LTE.

    Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk
    What other claims have they made?

    They claimed that B41 would fix their network speeds (hint: it doesn't)

    They claimed that 800 MHz would fix their network coverage (hint: it doesn't.)

    They've claimed that their network will be fastest in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016. They are still DEAD last. They aren't growing, there is little proof of any sort of "densification" (there's probably a reason the Sprint forum is so dead, whether on here, /r/sprint, or S4GRU)

    Sprint is full of failed claims and a half-a**ed network. We'll just have to see if they can actually make one of their claims work. They're still ~30M people behind T-Mobile in terms of POP's covered.

    Galaxy S7 - Carrier Aggregation Band 30 10 MHz PCC + Band 4 10 MHz SCC1 + Band 12 10 MHz SCC2

    iPhone 7 - Carrier Aggregation Band 4 10 MHz PCC + Band 2 10 MHz SCC1 + Band 12 5 MHz SCC2

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    772
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Nowhere did I mention Verizon or VoLTE reliability.

    I have no issues with my AT&T VoLTE reliability, however. I'd imagine it's more reliable than UMTS here because we only have one channel left and 95 MHz of spectrum dedicated to LTE.



    What other claims have they made?

    They claimed that B41 would fix their network speeds (hint: it doesn't)

    They claimed that 800 MHz would fix their network coverage (hint: it doesn't.)

    They've claimed that their network will be fastest in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016. They are still DEAD last. They aren't growing, there is little proof of any sort of "densification" (there's probably a reason the Sprint forum is so dead, whether on here, /r/sprint, or S4GRU)

    Sprint is full of failed claims and a half-a**ed network. We'll just have to see if they can actually make one of their claims work. They're still ~30M people behind T-Mobile in terms of POP's covered.
    Cause the Haters are gonna hate,hate hate.

    Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    772
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Nowhere did I mention Verizon or VoLTE reliability.

    I have no issues with my AT&T VoLTE reliability, however. I'd imagine it's more reliable than UMTS here because we only have one channel left and 95 MHz of spectrum dedicated to LTE.



    What other claims have they made?

    They claimed that B41 would fix their network speeds (hint: it doesn't)

    They claimed that 800 MHz would fix their network coverage (hint: it doesn't.)

    They've claimed that their network will be fastest in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016. They are still DEAD last. They aren't growing, there is little proof of any sort of "densification" (there's probably a reason the Sprint forum is so dead, whether on here, /r/sprint, or S4GRU)

    Sprint is full of failed claims and a half-a**ed network. We'll just have to see if they can actually make one of their claims work. They're still ~30M people behind T-Mobile in terms of POP's covered.
    B41 would fix Speeds if it was on every tower which it's not.. 800 mhz would fix coverage if they had more towers. Does Sprint have alot to proof with the all claims yes. Given marclo not Dan Hesse team I would give them a chance to prove it. The all LTE it's atleast B25 not 26/41.

    Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Chantilly, VA
    Posts
    283
    Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O (AT&T), Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    0
    No hating here, I would LOVE for VoLTE to work, but couldn't stand people I call intermittently having trouble hearing me. Now that I have AT&T, I have to listen to Verizon VoLTE callers garble & break up till I get around to turn OFF VoLTE on their shiny new phones. This happens in good signal areas where CDMA works just fine running off the same towers. (Manassas, Va, Washington DC, etc . . . . )

    I can only imagine how VoLTE would work with even less LTE coverage. . . . .

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    772
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    No hating here, I would LOVE for VoLTE to work, but couldn't stand people I call intermittently having trouble hearing me. Now that I have AT&T, I have to listen to Verizon VoLTE callers garble & break up till I get around to turn OFF VoLTE on their shiny new phones. This happens in good signal areas where CDMA works just fine running off the same towers. (Manassas, Va, Washington DC, etc . . . . )

    I can only imagine how VoLTE would work with even less LTE coverage. . . . .
    Sprint has some areas with good site density. Big cities people don't see 3G anymore. I do get it tho. I just had a dropped call on my Vzw phone yesterday and, that was with VoLTE off.

    Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Chantilly, VA
    Posts
    283
    Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O (AT&T), Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Nowhere did I mention Verizon or VoLTE reliability.
    Oops, sorry about that.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,167
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    The vzw roaming ends soon. They sign LTE Roaming with att.

    Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk
    I had not heard that. Do you have a reference? I'm not seeing that on a quick web search.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    772
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I had not heard that. Do you have a reference? I'm not seeing that on a quick web search.
    It's been posted on S4GRU and, Sprint Customers have seen it pop up.

    Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0
    Exactly. Im always on LTE in LA. If it doesnt work for you, you can turn it off. At this point your're on Sprint for a reason. Those of us that it will work for will be happy.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    772
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Nowhere did I mention Verizon or VoLTE reliability.

    I have no issues with my AT&T VoLTE reliability, however. I'd imagine it's more reliable than UMTS here because we only have one channel left and 95 MHz of spectrum dedicated to LTE.



    What other claims have they made?

    They claimed that B41 would fix their network speeds (hint: it doesn't)

    They claimed that 800 MHz would fix their network coverage (hint: it doesn't.)

    They've claimed that their network will be fastest in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016. They are still DEAD last. They aren't growing, there is little proof of any sort of "densification" (there's probably a reason the Sprint forum is so dead, whether on here, /r/sprint, or S4GRU)

    Sprint is full of failed claims and a half-a**ed network. We'll just have to see if they can actually make one of their claims work. They're still ~30M people behind T-Mobile in terms of POP's covered.
    So I was wrong it was just loT updates by the end of July. LTE could be end of year. Oops

    Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,307
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Nowhere did I mention Verizon or VoLTE reliability.

    I have no issues with my AT&T VoLTE reliability, however. I'd imagine it's more reliable than UMTS here because we only have one channel left and 95 MHz of spectrum dedicated to LTE.



    What other claims have they made?

    They claimed that B41 would fix their network speeds (hint: it doesn't)

    They claimed that 800 MHz would fix their network coverage (hint: it doesn't.)

    They've claimed that their network will be fastest in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016. They are still DEAD last. They aren't growing, there is little proof of any sort of "densification" (there's probably a reason the Sprint forum is so dead, whether on here, /r/sprint, or S4GRU)

    Sprint is full of failed claims and a half-a**ed network. We'll just have to see if they can actually make one of their claims work. They're still ~30M people behind T-Mobile in terms of POP's covered.
    If Sprint is so terrible then why do you use them? Or why are you considering them? I figure it has to be one or the other, why else would anyone complain about a service they weren't using or want to use. That would be borderline insane actually. Would be like me going into a purse forum and bashing the purses.

    Don't use Sprint but glad to see this for them. Wonder if they'll allow it on boost and virgin or if they'll be more like Verizon was and wait a bit to launch it on prepaid.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,042
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Nowhere did I mention Verizon or VoLTE reliability.

    I have no issues with my AT&T VoLTE reliability, however. I'd imagine it's more reliable than UMTS here because we only have one channel left and 95 MHz of spectrum dedicated to LTE.



    What other claims have they made?

    They claimed that B41 would fix their network speeds (hint: it doesn't)

    They claimed that 800 MHz would fix their network coverage (hint: it doesn't.)

    They've claimed that their network will be fastest in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016. They are still DEAD last. They aren't growing, there is little proof of any sort of "densification" (there's probably a reason the Sprint forum is so dead, whether on here, /r/sprint, or S4GRU)

    Sprint is full of failed claims and a half-a**ed network. We'll just have to see if they can actually make one of their claims work. They're still ~30M people behind T-Mobile in terms of POP's covered.
    I'm hoping those of us on the Magenta side (and you Metro folks) get their hands on that massive 2.5 GHz spectrum treasure trove that Sprint holds. Can you imagine the density and data capacity that Neville will be able to build with that?

    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,307
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    I'm hoping those of us on the Magenta side (and you Metro folks) get their hands on that massive 2.5 GHz spectrum treasure trove that Sprint holds. Can you imagine the density and data capacity that Neville will be able to build with that?

    Don't let your buddies in the TMobile forums see you say that, you'll get 50 posts on how it will never happen because of sprints roaming agreements. But I agree, a Sprint TMobile merger would be good for both carriers.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,411
    Device(s)
    Product Red 128 GB iPhone 7 Qualcomm
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0

    Calling Plus (AKA VoLTE) trails begin soon

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus4509 View Post
    If Sprint is so terrible then why do you use them? Or why are you considering them?
    I wouldn't touch Sprint with a mile long stick if I didn't have to. My brother uses them. Their reliability is awful and their network has speed islands here.

    I figure it has to be one or the other, why else would anyone complain about a service they weren't using or want to use. That would be borderline insane actually. Would be like me going into a purse forum and bashing the purses.
    I know a lot about this industry and have statistics to back up my claims. Not even close to the same thing. Why do I bash them? Their network is an absolute joke in most of the country and they try to act like it's anything more. Even their own users are like "It works well enough for me." Like shouldn't you expect top tier service if you're paying someone to provide you with such? Maybe that's just me.

    Don't use Sprint but glad to see this for them. Wonder if they'll allow it on boost and virgin or if they'll be more like Verizon was and wait a bit to launch it on prepaid.
    I'm thinking it'll probably be like the AT&T/Verizon route where they launch on postpaid first and then move it to prepaid. What will be interesting to me is this:

    1) Will it have fallback to 1xA? They said that they were waiting to make this work before deploying VoLTE.

    2) Will it be nationwide to begin with? Or will it be on a market-by-market basis like AT&T? Verizon could launch nationwide because they didn't have a fallback concern, and T-Mobile could because they launched LTE later and their equipment already supported CSFB.

    3) Will they use the industry standard AMR 12.6 Kbps for HD Voice? Will HD interoperability work out of the gate for them with the other 3?

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,307
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    I wouldn't touch Sprint with a mile long stick if I didn't have to. My brother uses them. Their reliability is awful and their network has speed islands here.



    I know a lot about this industry and have statistics to back up my claims. Not even close to the same thing. Why do I bash them? Their network is an absolute joke in most of the country and they try to act like it's anything more. Even their own users are like "It works well enough for me." Like shouldn't you expect top tier service if you're paying someone to provide you with such? Maybe that's just me.



    I'm thinking it'll probably be like the AT&T/Verizon route where they launch on postpaid first and then move it to prepaid. What will be interesting to me is this:

    1) Will it have fallback to 1xA? They said that they were waiting to make this work before deploying VoLTE.

    2) Will it be nationwide to begin with? Or will it be on a market-by-market basis like AT&T? Verizon could launch nationwide because they didn't have a fallback concern, and T-Mobile could because they launched LTE later and their equipment already supported CSFB.

    3) Will they use the industry standard AMR 12.6 Kbps for HD Voice? Will HD interoperability work out of the gate for them with the other 3?
    Fair enough. But to be fair everyone touts their network as more than it is. TMobile does the same. Up until the auction results they always said their network was just as good as Verizons and att's. Ray even tweeted the Verizon network advantage is gone!!! Then all of a sudden after the results it was NOW they can build a network as good as Verizon and att's, so marketing is just that, marketing. Can't really believe what any carrier touts to be honest. They are all trying to sell you on the product they are offering. As far as paying top prices for it, I believe Sprint is like 5 lines for 90 bucks lol I think most people who use Sprint know theyre not the best but they aren't paying an arm and a leg for it and if it works most places they go, theyre ok with it, again I've heard TMobile users make this same claim for years, the yes I have dead spots but I'm not paying a ton for it so it's alright. It's changed a little bit now as TMobile pricing has risen and the 3 carriers are all relatively close in price, but some still make this argument.

    I just think a lot of people bash Sprint based on past failures and I guess that's fair but if they are trying to improve that's not a bad thing. I'd rather see them try to improve over them not making any effort at all and doing nothing. But, I haven't used the Sprint network in years so really can't say if they've improved or not.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why I Enable Advanced Calling v1.0 (aka VoLTE)
    By dalbrich in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-15-2014, 10:56 AM
  2. MDA Touch Plus (aka: HTC Touch Dual)
    By dikiem in forum Windows Mobile Devices
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-12-2007, 05:16 PM
  3. Call Plus, Page Plus, someone else?
    By Timmy2 in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-04-2005, 05:06 PM
  4. call plus
    By smartcap in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 06:54 PM
  5. 411 rate changes to $1.25/call plus airtime
    By TELUSMobilityGuy in forum TELUS Mobility
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 02:26 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks