Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thread Redirect

Feedback Score

Thread Redirect

Am I the only one who gets a link redirect when accessing the Apple forum? About once or twice a week when I click my link to this forum I end up with another, totally unrelated web page. It just happened again and here is where it took me:

http://pluto.tv/watch/news-24-7?v=so...utm_medium=cpc

Is this being done by HoFo, or is it some sort of Trojan or something ? It only happens when accessing the Apple subforum, and doesn't seem to have a pattern or link to the same site each time. It does happen even if I am on my iPad Air 2, or Mini 4 also, so I don't think it's on my equipment.

Feedback Score
    what device are you using to access the internet ??
    also try scanning your computer/laptop/phone with an antivirus software

Feedback Score
    This occurs on my desktop running Windows and Internet Explorer. Also my iPad Air 2 and Mini 4. I run windows antivirus and Malwarebytes with daily scans. It does not occur on any other links, websites, forums, threads, only the HoFo Apple forum. I doubt it's on my system, and believe it must be here. Not a big deal, but it seems to be like a redirect you get with clickbait links.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    From which page on Hofo were you re-directed to that internet site ? I have never had that issue. Sounds like some type of malware.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Feedback Score
    I agree but it just happened again this time on my Mini iPad 4. Again, it's hard to believe it is on 3 different pieces of my gear, both PC & Apple OS.

Feedback Score
    Check your security settings on your home Internet router. Try doing a factory reset.

Carrier
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    It happens to me whenever I use internet explorer and access the Apple forum for the first time in a couple days. OpenDNS blocks the ultimate destination but it still happens. I do not have the issue when I use edge. It has happened on multiple devices and is not a malware issue with my computer(s). It was first reported in the Feedback sub-forum but still hasn't been resolved. The first site in the redirect (there are multiple) is ostats.net.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Perhaps Internet Explorer is the weakest link. Try using another browser. I use Google Chrome and have never had an issue. Hope that helps.

It's good that you reported the issue and I hope the IT folks will look into it.

Phone
    I phone 6 Plus
    Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    I had it about a week ago, I am using chrome so I ran some trojan programs and uninstalled and installed chrome back on and all seems ok now

Feedback Score
    I just got another one while checking HoFo Apple. Here is the URL I caught.

http://usa.zeroredirect6.com/zcredir...Detected=false

If anyone recognizes this or has any other ideas, it would be nice if it could be eliminated.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Which forum thread did you find that in ??

Feedback Score
    Same as always, HoFo Apple. I clicked my newly refreshed "Apple" sub forum and after a few seconds the URL switched to the one posted above. I stopped it before the redirect went any further so I could copy the link. As a said before, this is the only place on the web that does this, so I believe it is associated with the site, not my equipment

Phone
    Apple iPhone 6 , Sony Ericsson TM-506
    Carrier
    Consumer Cellular , Airvoice Wireless
    Feedback Score
    What browser are you using on the iPad? Safari?

I'm accessing this forum with a MacBook Pro and Firefox with NoScript and EFF's Privacy Badger. I see that the page (today, at least) tries to load cookies for Google, Facebook, skimresources, and New Relic. New Relic, based on what they do, probably is not doing this. The others, maybe -- they all sell advertising. Now, how they present an interstitial page to you but apparently not to other posters in this thread... I don't let NoScript load any of the Google or skim script; I do have Facebook open in another tab but since I'm not seeing redirects it's probably not them.

Have you tried contacting an Admin here and asking them about it? The triangle icon on the same line as Reply/Reply With Quote flags a post to get their attention. They should be able to get to the right person who can talk about this kind of thing.

Feedback Score
    On the iPads I use either Safari or FireFox. I typically have both open whenever I'm on line. Each has a preferred way of displaying websites, thus I run both.

I've often wondered if HoFo uses this to combat those who run an ad blocker?

Phone
    nokia N75
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    This has also happened to me. I stopped visiting here using anything but the HoFo app on my iPad. I have never had issues using that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast