Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: AT&T unlimited iPad plan

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if directvnow counts towards the 1gb plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2388 View Post
    Does anyone know if directvnow counts towards the 1gb plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For prepaid yes, for postpaid no.

Feedback Score
    It is not letting me use my hotspot to get new service. If I put my ipad imei then it lets me setup an account. Wonder if I make an unlimited account with my ipad then use the sim on my hotspot will it work? I don't want to spend $30 to find out

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBerryKM13 View Post
    It is not letting me use my hotspot to get new service. If I put my ipad imei then it lets me setup an account. Wonder if I make an unlimited account with my ipad then use the sim on my hotspot will it work? I don't want to spend $30 to find out
    Set up new account with option for unlimited data for $29.99 or whatever the price is?

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Ok, I did some experimenting. I don't have an iPad, so I set up an account using a "borrowed" iPad imei. To keep this brief, make sure to use a postpaid eligible sim, make sure to borrow the imei from an LTE capable iPad, and after you have activated the sim, leave it OUT of any non-official or non-LTE device for maybe a couple of hours. I'm guessing that this time allows the sim to be provisioned. You should then be able to place the sim into a hotspot, etc, and get LTE service. I'm currently using my newly activated plan with a USB modem connected to a Pepwave Surf Soho router.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using HoFo mobile app
    My Phone Can Amortize, Can Yours?

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Does anybody know if you can purchase dataconnect passes with gophone pin cards?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T | VZW | T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 11_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/604.1.25 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/11.0 Mobile/15A5304i Safari/604.1)

Quote Originally Posted by bubtub
    Does anybody know if you can purchase dataconnect passes with gophone pin cards?
    The option is there, though admittedly I haven’t tried it.
    Last edited by baaadandy; 07-07-2017 at 10:38 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T | VZW | T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1499442165.823802.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  39.6 KB
    Wow the app works for me finally!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7plus
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I call A&TT I’m postpaid I only have iPad Pro on my account I ask If can get unlimited for 29.99 but she say can not find that plan and I ask if I can talk to some one about that plan she say hold few seconds after few min she came back I found plan for iPad for only $20 for unlimited and I say are you sure and she say yes then I say to put me on that plan Name:  IMG_0005.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  42.4 KB

Device(s)
    Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by starlugo View Post
    I call A&TT I’m postpaid I only have iPad Pro on my account I ask If can get unlimited for 29.99 but she say can not find that plan and I ask if I can talk to some one about that plan she say hold few seconds after few min she came back I found plan for iPad for only $20 for unlimited and I say are you sure and she say yes then I say to put me on that plan Name:  IMG_0005.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  42.4 KB
    the $29.99 plan is prepaid, looks like you added a 20 plan to an existing postpaid plan. So you now have two iPad lines? Post is a little confusing.
    Paul Thurrott:
    Not now mom, somebody's wrong on the Internet

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Carole Wright View Post
    Ok, I did some experimenting. I don't have an iPad, so I set up an account using a "borrowed" iPad imei. To keep this brief, make sure to use a postpaid eligible sim, make sure to borrow the imei from an LTE capable iPad, and after you have activated the sim, leave it OUT of any non-official or non-LTE device for maybe a couple of hours. I'm guessing that this time allows the sim to be provisioned. You should then be able to place the sim into a hotspot, etc, and get LTE service. I'm currently using my newly activated plan with a USB modem connected to a Pepwave Surf Soho router.

I don't have IPAD either,but I do have a old HP windows 4g tablet not LTE.Do you think I can do the same thing you did but sign up with my tablet and move SIM to hotspot or usb LTE doogle?Both are AT&T devices.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    ATT is not piggy about their Broadband (apn used by tablets and hotspots), you have always been able to swap them around, even the Connected Car sims.
    Do you know this for sure with the new IPAD/tablet plans with unlimited data for $30

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    It uses the same PAYG backend as the old plan. But regardless AT&T doesn't discern. Broadband APN devices are interchangeable and have been since the APN went live. It's no contract, AT&T could change the rules any time they want to, but they know they maximize profits by letting consumers do it the way they want to.

Feedback Score
    There's no domestic roaming on this plan correct?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast