Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: AT&T unlimited iPad plan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VerizonNoMore View Post
    There's no domestic roaming on this plan correct?
    I believe there is, but there isn't roaming for Canada, Mexico and other international destinations. I remember someone saying they have roamed on T-mobile in Maine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    It uses the same PAYG backend as the old plan. But regardless AT&T doesn't discern. Broadband APN devices are interchangeable and have been since the APN went live. It's no contract, AT&T could change the rules any time they want to, but they know they maximize profits by letting consumers do it the way they want to.
    So are you saying its ok to purchase the new IPad/tablet prepaid plan for $29.99 monthly and use it in any AT&T hotspot as long as you change apn to broadband and tether away.

Sent from my LG-D851 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 0Mackman View Post
    So are you saying its ok to purchase the new IPad/tablet prepaid plan for $29.99 monthly and use it in any AT&T hotspot as long as you change apn to broadband and tether away.

apn has to be broadband otherwise data does not work anyway but yeah thats pretty much true.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 007shinobi View Post
    apn has to be broadband otherwise data does not work anyway but yeah thats pretty much true.
    Yea I'm planning on getting one of the new plans.Does it matter which AT&T hotstop?

Feedback Score
    Will at&t disable the Sim if you use it in a phone for instance?

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Will at&t disable the Sim if you use it in a phone for instance?
    Nobody has tried since the refresh. If you do be sure to change the APN manually to broadband before testing.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 007shinobi View Post
    I believe there is, but there isn't roaming for Canada, Mexico and other international destinations. I remember someone saying they have roamed on T-mobile in Maine.
    My understanding is the new iPad plan uses the old GoPhone server, so I would actually say there is probably no domestic roaming.

The Mobley standalone plan has domestic roaming as it is a postpay DataConnect plan - but it does not have the free international data (Canada/Mexico), which is a perk reserved for Unlimited Choice/Plus postpay lines.

The hierarchy remains the same then, assuming that's correct, Unlimited Plus/Choice (Canada/Mexico + HBO/DirecTV Discounts) > Mobley Standalone (only domestic roaming and sponsored data) > Tablet Prepaid (probably no domestic roaming, no sponsored data).

Feedback Score
    Nobody has tried since the refresh. If you do be sure to change the APN manually to broadband before testing.
    I already have, technically it works in just wondering if att will disable it eventually, I don't see why they would.
    My understanding is the new iPad plan uses the old GoPhone server, so I would actually say there is probably no domestic roaming.

The Mobley standalone plan has domestic roaming as it is a postpay DataConnect plan - but it does not have the free international data (Canada/Mexico), which is a perk reserved for Unlimited Choice/Plus postpay lines.

The hierarchy remains the same then, assuming that's correct, Unlimited Plus/Choice (Canada/Mexico + HBO/DirecTV Discounts) > Mobley Standalone (only domestic roaming and sponsored data) > Tablet Prepaid (probably no domestic roaming, no sponsored data).

Sent from my R1 HD using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score

I would love to get that plan but AT&T said I had to prove my identity.They wouldn't tell me nothing else.

Feedback Score

If I recall correctly you do get offnet roaming unless the terms have changed since the 22 gig deprioritization. Wasnt a significant cap but seems people have gone over and they were fine but YMMV.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by baaadandy View Post
    Attachment 152505
    Wow the app works for me finally!
    I tried using but it didn't work, what exactly did you use to be able to login into buyasession.att.com? Do they have an App for that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pfwarrior View Post
    I tried using but it didn't work, what exactly did you use to be able to login into buyasession.att.com? Do they have an App for that?

It didn't work in what? Phone or iPad etc?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by smokieunc View Post
    It didn't work in what? Phone or iPad etc?
    That particular link on iPad or pc

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T | VZW | T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    https://buyasession.att.com/sbd/unauth/ShowLogin.action

If you use this instead of the iPad portal make sure you have an IMEI to an AT&T-branded LTE-capable tablet.

Starting a plan with an unlocked IMEI or an IMEI of a tablet that is only HSPA/4G will stick the plan on that technology. It won’t follow the capabilities of the device.

So I started one with an IMEI of a AT&T Samsung tablet but it was only HSPA capable. Moving that SIM to another device that’s LTE capable will only yield 4G, never LTE. The iPad portal doesn’t so this though.

This is from experience and chatting with a knowledgeable Tech Rep. I had to cancel the entire line and start fresh using an IMEI from an AT&T LTE tablet to get LTE on other devices.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by baaadandy View Post
    https://buyasession.att.com/sbd/unauth/ShowLogin.action

If you use this instead of the iPad portal make sure you have an IMEI to an AT&T-branded LTE-capable tablet.

Starting a plan with an unlocked IMEI or an IMEI of a tablet that is only HSPA/4G will stick the plan on that technology. It won’t follow the capabilities of the device.

So I started one with an IMEI of a AT&T Samsung tablet but it was only HSPA capable. Moving that SIM to another device that’s LTE capable will only yield 4G, never LTE. The iPad portal doesn’t so this though.

This is from experience and chatting with a knowledgeable Tech Rep. I had to cancel the entire line and start fresh using an IMEI from an AT&T LTE tablet to get LTE on other devices.
    Lol that's funny, I started it with an IMEI of a crappy old 3g only smartphone , moved The Sim to my LTE tablet, had LTE within 2 hours.
    Sent from my R1 HD using HoFo mobile app

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast