Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Claure 3rd most hated CEO

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus4509 View Post
    It depends on what his end goal was/is. Has he made Sprint more valuable since he took over? Sure. Their 2.5 spectrum is easily their most valuable asset and is highly coveted by the other carriers. Has he turned Sprint into a force in the American cellular industry? Not at all. So I guess it really depends on what his true motives were and are now. Last reports I've seen have said d.t. will acquire Sprint and are offering 10.84 a share. That's not an awful return on his investment.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wirele...s-analyst-firm

Overall I'd say the Claure/Son lead Sprint was/is uneventful. I wouldn't say they are any worse than they were when they took over, I also wouldn't say they are any better. So I can understand why people would feel lied to and tricked by Son. If it ends with a Duetsche Telekom buyout of them it'll be interesting to see what eventually a combined Sprint and T-Mobile could do with all the spectrum they'd be sitting on.
    MY $.02 Claure was given the CEO job as an extension of the BrightStar purchase price payment. He lacked the qualifications I'd expect a telecom CEO to possess and was initially intended to serve as a placeholder until Son bamboozled his way to his true target (T-Mobile). Surely, there are those who adamantly disagree with this view and that's ok. Again, this is just MY $.02.

Feedback Score
    TMobile makes moves, the others parry and dodge.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus4509 View Post
    I'm sure we do. What's funny is nobody is jumping in to defend Marcelo, and to be truthful, he's the CEO of the company that's actually saving people money. Sprints pricing is unbeatable. 5 for 90 can't be touched by any carrier, even with free lines. Maybe Marcelo is the guy you meant then by saving customers billions, because really, sprints the only carrier who drastically undercuts the competition.
    Ha! Sprint has to undercut everyone because their network is absolutely atrocious. You might argue that Verizon is better than t-mobile whatever, maybe they are where you live. But everywhere I've ever used Sprint it's been absolutely terrible. And their own coverage maps, while bordering on fiction as far as being overly optimistic, bear that out.

If the network doesn't work they have to give it away. Which, at $17 per line, is basically what Sprint is doing.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    A T-Mobile sprint deal should have a greater chance at approval than a sprint Verizon one. I don't see a Verizon sprint deal being approved

Zeus is right about the carriers being similar. I don't get HD video (I think I would for $5 more). Also when I signed up for T-Mobile on the $70 plan the rep told me I would have hd video with 10gb hotspot. In reality looks like I don't get HD unless I pay more and it's limited to 512. That's more carrier like than uncarrier.

On the flip side, The network is becoming real competition to the others so that's nice to see and T-Mobile deserves credit for that. Im ok with paying a little more since they did buy nationwide 600 but hopefully they won't become too carrier like. I realize as the network improves the prices adjust. More uncarrier moves will be nice to see though

Even with some red tape T-Mobile is a breath of fresh air. I'll knock their customer service but their network keeps getting better.

Called yesterday about my bill and got a good rep that fixed everything. He was in guatamala so they def cut back on their customer service $$$ expenditures. My guess is he wasn't getting paid much. Either way he got the job done so I was happy. My point is all the carriers seem to cut corners in various ways

Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by wilbur101; 06-03-2017 at 05:11 AM.
    Sent from my windows phone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    I don't get HD video (I think I would for $5 more). Also when I signed up for T-Mobile on the $70 plan the rep told me I would have hd video with 10gb hotspot. In reality looks like I don't get HD unless I pay more and it's limited to 512. That's more carrier like than uncarrier.

On the flip side, The network is becoming real competition to the others so that's nice to see and T-Mobile deserves credit for that. Im ok with paying a little more since they did buy nationwide 600 but hopefully they won't become too carrier like. I realize as the network improves the prices adjust. More uncarrier moves will be nice to see though

I have 3 lines unlimited for $100 and they all include HD video and 4G LTE hotspot (for the first 10GB). Recently, I think the HD video became a $5 add-on for new plans but if you got your ONE plan awhile back, you can just go into the T-Mo app and switch to HD video.

As far as tethering, I don't use it much but I've done speed tests and it's the same speed on the tethered device as it is on the tethering device.

Overall, all the wireless companies are businesses, first and foremost. But I think T-Mo is definitely more consumer friendly in a lot of ways. Taxes and fees included on the ONE plan, T-Mobile Tuesdays, and way easier customer service to deal with, in my experience. Try getting a bill credit from Verizon or AT&T for an overcharge- maybe it's possible but I've never had any luck doing it and they're not pleasant on the phone either. My experience has been that when there's a billing issue with T-Mobile, a call to their customer service gets it adjusted in quick order.

But as always, whatever works for the individual person.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by erikkarma808 View Post
    I have 3 lines unlimited for $100 and they all include HD video and 4G LTE hotspot (for the first 10GB). Recently, I think the HD video became a $5 add-on for new plans but if you got your ONE plan awhile back, you can just go into the T-Mo app and switch to HD video.

As far as tethering, I don't use it much but I've done speed tests and it's the same speed on the tethered device as it is on the tethering device.

Overall, all the wireless companies are businesses, first and foremost. But I think T-Mo is definitely more consumer friendly in a lot of ways. Taxes and fees included on the ONE plan, T-Mobile Tuesdays, and way easier customer service to deal with, in my experience. Try getting a bill credit from Verizon or AT&T for an overcharge- maybe it's possible but I've never had any luck doing it and they're not pleasant on the phone either. My experience has been that when there's a billing issue with T-Mobile, a call to their customer service gets it adjusted in quick order.

But as always, whatever works for the individual person.
    I'm becoming a pretty big fan of tmobile. Not a fanboy since ill voice my complaints but the network improvements have been stellar in my opinion

You ar right about the credits. T-Mobile asked me why I wanted their prepaid instead of their postpaid. I told them price for my one line and low data usage was the big thing for me. I told them 10 off for six months would make things different. They couldn't do that but they offered a 60 credit. I took it so basically the same thing

As for the sprint ceo I can't say too much about him haven't had sprint enough to comment but so much
    Last edited by wilbur101; 06-14-2017 at 05:05 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6