Thread: Need a new cordless vacuum - any recommendations?

Feedback Score

Need a new cordless vacuum - any recommendations?

So my vacuum cleaner recently broke - now I need a new one. I've decided to get one of the cordless versions because they sound a lot easier to use. Plus my apartment is small and I don't have pets so it doesn't need to be ultra-powerful, and the cordless options seem to have good reviews on Amazon.

I can't bring myself to spend $500+ on the newest Dyson (I can't believe a vacuum cleaner could ever be worth that much) - but does anyone have any other recommendations? I know the Dyson is meant to be the best (at least according to some sites) but I can't tell if that's just marketing hype or not.

I might be persuaded to go up to $400 for a vacuum that's worth it. That's probably my max though. I'm happy to get it from Ebay second-hand too if that helps.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidPaul8923 View Post
    So my vacuum cleaner recently broke - now I need a new one. I've decided to get one of the cordless versions because they sound a lot easier to use....
    I wanted one of these things recently. Like you, I would not pay the price for a Dyson. I found a review and comparison of all of them on the web with a web search.

The Hoover Cruise was rated almost as good as the Dyson. I bought one and love it. Got it on sale at Best Buy for $145. It does not have a HEPA filter that the Dyson does - don't care.

Note: None of these things have the suckage of a good corded vacuum.

If you have never used a bagless vacuum, I recommend NOT doing as they show them on TV and dump the cup indoors. When you dump them, yeah the big pieces fall out, but the fine dust billows out in swirling cloud around the cup.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    The Hoover Cruise was rated almost as good as the Dyson. I bought one and love it. Got it on sale at Best Buy for $145. It does not have a HEPA filter that the Dyson does - don't care.
    Thanks - that's a much more reasonable price. I'll take a look at it.