Thread: A Little Love for Anker

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score

Post A Little Love for Anker

Name:  anker-logo.png
Views: 920
Size:  15.3 KB

While I was away The Verge ran a nice little feature on Anker, an accessory company that deserves a lot more attention than it gets. The company is probably best-known for their portable phone and tablet chargers. I still have fond memories of their Astro 3E; it was perfectly-sized for my Nexus 5 and easily gave that phone three times the battery capacity. I've no doubt that they made a killing in sales last summer when Pokémon GO was all the rage.

What I didn't know about Anker was that it was founded by an ex-Google software engineer—Steven Yang—in only 2011. He started the company to sell replacement laptop batteries but quickly (and wisely) switched to mobile power banks. A key component of Anker's success has been using Amazon for fulfillment—customers can easily return any item they're not happy with. Honestly, though, of all the Anker products I've purchased I've not returned a single one.

And my Anker gear isn't limited to mobile chargers; I've bought two audio products, both of which are surprisingly good. The Soundcore Sport outdoor speaker is perfect for catching up on podcasts in the bath (don't judge!), and I've just started using the Soundbuds Sport on my morning walks—these Bluetooth earbuds are maybe a bit light in the bass department, but they're super-comfortable, cheap and again, perfect for podcasts.

For those not comfortable buying accessories online, sight unseen, Anker is working on bringing their brand to brick and mortar stores like Best Buy and Wal-Mart. No complaints here; the more people that know about this excellent accessories company, the better!

Links: Anker, The Verge
    My mobile memoirs — free ebook available here.
    My HoFo feedback... is that still a thing?

Device(s)
    Samsung A157v
    Feedback Score
    Didn't see anything in the article about what leaving a bad review on one of their products on amazon leads to? That's crucial to their coming-up, for sure...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipPhoneHoldou View Post
    Didn't see anything in the article about what leaving a bad review on one of their products on amazon leads to? That's crucial to their coming-up, for sure...
    What does that lead to?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7Edge
    Carrier(s)
    Videotron
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    What does that lead to?
    Decapitation of the QC person in charge.... 🙊
    Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most. [Mark Twain]

Device(s)
    LG G6 followed by a Samsung S7 Edge as a backup.
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've been using their products for quite awhile now. No issues worth mentioning. I did return a defective charger once(after a month of use) and got a new one sent out to me in a few days. Not bad at all. Recommended for sure.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipse View Post
    Decapitation of the QC person in charge.... 🙊
    Sounds like a need for some anker management...

Feedback Score
    The New York Times also praises Anker in this article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/31/t...pgtype=article

"Anker has really been knocking it out of the park for the past few years with powerful, well-designed stuff that’s really affordable."