Thread: Lte installed with 4g extender

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Lte installed with 4g extender

Hey all, we currently have 4g lte installed with installed cantenna at our home for our Internet. I wanted to get a 4g signal booster for our phone but see it requires a broadband connection. Since lte installed connects via router and coaxle cable, would the 4g booster work with it?

Sent from my STV100-2 using HoFo mobile app
    What Is A Veteran?
    A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

Feedback Thread
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...7#post11490557

Feedback Score
    In theory it should. Never met a customer who actually tried it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    S8+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I would worry that it would interfere with your external LTE antenna. If you're using LTE for your home internet, why not just connect your phones to it instead of getting an extender which would use the same data connection, but count against your monthly cap for the phones connected to the extender in addition to what's used by your LTE home internet device.

Feedback Score

Lte installed with 4g extender

Wow sounds like you need one of Sprint's Magic Boxes using the LTE backhaul to provide localized coverage.

So you have a permanently installed Roof Top Verizon Data Connection and you want to connect a Verizon indoor signal booster to it so that you have better LTE on the mobile devices?
    So essentially you are using Cellular for your data backhaul from your booster?

I would wonder about the number of hops the connection needs to go through.
    Also there might be increased latency.
    Normally Microwave is used for backhaul I would guess the signal you are getting is not tuned optimally for backhaul but rather device usage.
    I am also not sure what kind issues would occur from retransmitting the packets that many times. Doesn't sound real great for VOIP apps like Skype.

And the point about data usage getting counted twice...unless the Home Booster Data Usage is free.

Seems like just using WiFi calling from your LTE Access Point would be better...but this is a bit too fascinating not to experiment with a little bit. Hey someday Verizon might sell a product that creates a a personal Cell Site with no need for an ISP.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The problem with connecting our phones to it, is its WiFi only. So any data we use on our phones will use that data which for now is only 30gb a month. My cell phone has grandfathered UD. Cell service at our house is fair, not excellent, but not bad either. If the weather is bad (we live in Pacific nw,) cell signal can be spotty.

Not necessarily something we have to have, I was just curious if it would work.

Device(s)
    S8+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slimrob View Post
    The problem with connecting our phones to it, is its WiFi only. So any data we use on our phones will use that data which for now is only 30gb a month. My cell phone has grandfathered UD. Cell service at our house is fair, not excellent, but not bad either. If the weather is bad (we live in Pacific nw,) cell signal can be spotty.

Not necessarily something we have to have, I was just curious if it would work.

The problem is you're talking about using your existing home LTE router to provide backhaul for the LTE extender, so while it wouldn't matter for your grandfathered phone plan, the plan that your home LTE router is using would have it's data counted against it, as well as anyone that connects to it.

Device(s)
    LG K4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    WiFi Calling uses approximately 1MB per minute. The extender would likely use more than that, plus the latency would likely be too high. The 3G extender may work better. Interesting idea, though. I, too, have never had a customer ask about this.

Sent from my VS425 using Tapatalk
    -- My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of my employer, past, present, or future.