Thread: 7+ versus 6s+ on VZW

Feedback Score

7+ versus 6s+ on VZW

So I'm still having performance issues on my 6s+ and Verizon is convinced my signal quality and poor speed will be improved upon if I upgrade to the 7. They said the 7 can pull in more bands and has a better antenna is there really that much of a difference between the 6s+ and the 7+?

Feedback Score
    I get a better signal on my 6s than my wife does on her 7plus. And her phone was originally a Sprint phone so it has the Qualcomm modem. When I field test, my 6s Plus is almost always better signal. I'd say 9 times out of 10. And sometimes quite substantial difference. We're both on T-Mobile now so not sure if that would make a difference. Our signal sucked on both phones when we were with Verizon.

Feedback Score
    My 6splus is a factory unlocked I bought direct from Apple model number A1634

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wildinsalem View Post
    So I'm still having performance issues on my 6s+ and Verizon is convinced my signal quality and poor speed will be improved upon if I upgrade to the 7. They said the 7 can pull in more bands and has a better antenna is there really that much of a difference between the 6s+ and the 7+?
    Who ever told you that has no idea what they are talking about. All they are trying to do is sell you a phone. As far as bands go, there is no difference between the 6s and the 7. There is no signal difference between the 6s and the 7 also.
    If you are having weak signal problems then it is because you are in an area that Verizon does not cover well. Until Verizon put a few small cells in my area, Verizon was so bad around here that they were unusable. Seriously they were totally unusable for most of the day and evening. Now this area is covered well and I have great speeds.

Feedback Score
    Well if the 7 doesn't change things it's gonna be sent right back at them! I just wondered if the A1634 was more suited for AT&T than Verizon or if there's an outright problem with this handset?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I thought the 6S worked better than the 7 personally. My wife and I have both had issues since upgrading to the 7. I'd stick with the 6S until the 8 comes out (whatever it's called) in 3 months.

Feedback Score
    Well if the 7 doesn't change things it's gonna be sent right back at them! I just wondered if the A1634 was more suited for AT&T than Verizon or if there's an outright problem with this handset?
    The A1634 you have is the best model because it has band 30 for AT&T which the other iPhone 6s models does not have. That phone is great and far better than the AT&T/T-Mobile version of the iPhone 7. The Verizon/Sprint/SIM free iPhone 7 and plus are the preferred models because they have the Qualcomm modem. You will find there is no difference between your iPhone 6s A1634 and a Verizon iPhone 7. Now if you return the iPhone 7 to Verizon, you will have to pay a restocking fee. The problem is the coverage in your area, not your iPhone 6s.

Device(s)
    Iphone 7+ and Ipad Mini 4 + Iphone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid :), T-mobile :( , Cricket :[ , Xfinity Mobile by Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Look into xfinity mobile there restocking is only $35
    it runs on Verizon

"Fudge a Contract its So 1990's"
    Xfi-Mobile by VZW $45
    Unlimited 4G LTE
    Unlimited Talk & Text
    VOLTE
    Comcast Wifi Hotspot
    20 GB of LTE
    No Wi-Fi calling
    NO Mobile hotspot :/

AT&T WIRELESS, SPRINT PCS, T-MOBILE USA, at&t, Verizon Prepaid, T-Mobile from 2/2017 - 5/2017 (Service is ****** in Florida, South Carolina :/) Cricket 5/17 - 6/17, Xfinity Mobile 6/17 - Present.

Feedback Score
    I have xfinity X1 and Internet maybe that'll be the route I go can I use this A1634 with them?