Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How's overall reliability?

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score

How's overall reliability?

This is subjective and depends on location but how has the overall reliability been? So far for me it's been flawless 99% of the time. Only had one text issue. Only had their postpaid a few weeks and the prepaid I've had a while I rarely used so I've really been putting tmobile through the tests lately.

If you are in an area with coverage has it been reliable? Do you have signal but missed calls, delayed texts etc?

Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app
    Sent from my windows phone

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    In South East Florida T-Mobile reliability and bandwidth is very good for me on my LG G4. Want to upgrade to a S8 for the new Band 66 and LTE-U small cell but will hold off for a 600 Mhz phone. Only time I lose signal is inside big steel building but the one restaurant where that was a problem seems to be fixed now. I regularly travel north of Orlando to see family and over the combined 450 mile trip I never lose service. About 38 miles of that trip is crossing a swamp area on state highway 46 that is desolate in all directions of the compass to the horizon.

Yes, every time my third party SMS App Textra is upgraded I seem to get a delay in the texts that seems to clear up by itself. No missed calls. At home Speed and Ping are good enough with five bars that I unpluged my T-Mobile Personal Cell Spot they sent me since T-Mobile is more reliable than my Comcast Xfinity Broadband.

Name:  speedtest 6.5.17.png
Views: 498
Size:  311.6 KB
    Last edited by shilohcane; 06-05-2017 at 08:44 AM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    "Reliability" means different things to different people. Some points to consider: Generally T-Mobile
    1) has fewer generator backed-up sites than either Verizon or AT&T.
    2) has more coverage holes that lead to dropped calls and
    3) has less low-band coverage, making rural and in-building calls problematic.
    Donald Newcomb

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I have another week or so before the cycle ends so I'll have to decide by then if I keep it (this is my first month with their postpaid).

It's worked well so far and the benefits outweigh the negatives, only real negative for me at this point is price for my low usage but Ive been streaming some to test that out.

Ive had no more network issues than any other carrier so that's a plus. All the carriers seem to have something go wrong at times

My theory is that as time goes by they will add more backup power like generators as they really expand 600.

I could be wrong though

Device(s)
    Product Red 128 GB iPhone 7 Qualcomm
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Location is everything, as always.

Galaxy S7 - Carrier Aggregation Band 30 10 MHz PCC + Band 4 10 MHz SCC + Band 12 10 MHz TCC

iPhone 7 - Carrier Aggregation Band 4 10 MHz PCC + Band 2 10 MHz SCC + Band 12 5 MHz TCC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Location is everything, as always.
    Agreed. I have seen areas where T-Mobile has good signal and fast speeds where Verizon was poor. But I have also see the opposite. No carrier has good coverage and speed everywhere.
    I'm on Verizon right now for my main line. They were really bad at my house for a long time but recently added small cells in my area and now everything at home is great. I have noticed over the last couple of weeks that there are areas where Verizon signal is very poor and speeds are slow at times. Verizon is not the "coverage everywhere" carrier they claim to be that's for sure.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I usually have two carriers on me since nobody covers everywhere but today all I brought was my T-Mobile line

Have my gophone with me but forgot the sim at home

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    "Reliability" means different things to different people. Some points to consider: Generally T-Mobile
    1) has fewer generator backed-up sites than either Verizon or AT&T.
    2) has more coverage holes that lead to dropped calls and
    3) has less low-band coverage, making rural and in-building calls problematic.
    That may possible be the case in some areas but my experience is that AT&T is by far the worst when it comes to service going down in power outages, storms etc. T-Mobile has been much more reliable for me. The overall service with Verizon isn't as good as T-Mobile locally but they do also seem to have some sort of backup systems in place as they don't normally go down much either.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Had heavy rains today and when I got home and put my att sim in it had no service while tmobile stayed up without an issue.

I'm quickly finding that for me tmobile has more LTE and less h drops and even less no coverage areas. T-Mobile really is pushing the network upgrades so that's nice to see

T-Mobile is proven to be quite reliable so far. Hopefully it continues. 6 or 7 years ago T-Mobile used to suck donkeys with little reliability. They have come a long way that's for sure

Feedback Score
    Am not far from a tower in suburban Chicago. Have marginal call quality inside my home. Have used the signal booster with poor results. Agreed that isp unreliability makes the micro cell a no go. Wifi too. Still looking for the Extended LTE to show up, but nothing as yet. Verizon is much poorer at my spot.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Not everyone on planet earth lives in an area where T-Mobile has stellar service. Sucks for them. Haha.

I live in SoCal and migrated over from AT&T last October. Tried Verizon for a quick minute too. T-Mobile's LTE network out here is very dense and extremely reliable. Just over the past year they have expanded LTE all over the place from the middle of the Mojave Desert up through some of the popular mountain highways I frequent.

Locally in terms of reliability I give them a 8 out of 10. I'd never give a carrier a 10 out of 10 because there is always something they all have to work on whether it's coverage, backhaul, density etc.

My word of advice: If you only plan on using your phone in Washington State don't listen to the angry old man in Florida telling you carrier X sucks at his mom's house therefore it must suck everywhere for everyone. Use what works where YOU need it.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus / Samsung Galaxy S8 / BlackBerry Passport / BlackBerry Classic
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / iusacell MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    I don't use T-Mobile that much for calls or messaging, mainly because this is merely a data line but other reasons I don't use T-Mobile that much is because it doesn't work where my office is or where my mom lives and my job coincidentally has hundreds of lines with AT&T and Verizon Wireless. If it works, then it's usually slow likely due to the network deprioritzation kicking in..I have done few side by side tests with AT&T and T-Mobile when streaming a news feed and it seems like the T-Mobile line loses the video feed (i.e freezes, or otherwise is out of sync).

But like Danny mentioned, T-Mobile is probably a 8/10 for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    My word of advice: If you only plan on using your phone in Washington State don't listen to the angry old man in Florida telling you carrier X sucks at his mom's house therefore it must suck everywhere for everyone. Use what works where YOU need it.
    And even if you only plan on using it in Washington State, you will find that "life happens" and you will need the phone (and good coverage) in a lot more places than just a limited area.
    "THERE ARE FOUR TOWERS!!!"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For me T-Mobile has been more reliable than my past two carriers, Sprint and Cricket (AT&T), particularly with data, which was the issue with those two. Sprint has poor LTE coverage, which meant drops to near useless 3G, and AT&T's tower locations are too sparse (missing towers in areas where Verizon and T-Mobile have towers) which often led to having no usable data (like one bar of 4G) indoors. I will admit that T-Mobile isn't the fastest, but my data always works, which is my main priority. As for calls, VoLTE is rock solid as long as I have any signal LTE signal. After three months I've only found one store with no T-Mobile service indoors... but T-Mobile already has a tower a block away waiting to be turned on.
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    For me in Kansas it isn't too bad and I travel the entire state for work. They could use a few infill sites along US-54, US-81, US-75, and I-135. Places that could use coverage is the area along US-40 from Oakley, KS to Kit Carson, CO. Based on the Verizon phone I was carrying for work the holes are a bit more on T-Mobile but not enough to consider Verizon since one of those holes is where I live. There are also a lot of instances of the Verizon phone showing service but not actually being able to make a call or email failing to update. I mapped some new areas in western KS on cell mapper with a lot of new towers added to the maps. It is amazing how far T-Mobile has come in a few years. But this is just my area and not indicative of where you may use your phone.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast