Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any reason to keep my GF unlimited plan vs the new unlimited plan?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    With the new unlimited plan, you are not locked into a contract since you are month to month unless you finance a new phone through AT&T.
    Would it be easier for them to drop or modify the new unlimited plan vs my old GF plan?
    The dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac, lays awake all night wondering..."Is there really a DOG?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpac9 View Post
    Would it be easier for them to drop or modify the new unlimited plan vs my old GF plan?
    I don't think it would be easier. All of their plans are pretty much bound by the same terms. I mean I guess they could raise the price slightly in the future but we see how long the GF unlimited was around before they made a couple of price increases. But with the strong competition from the other carriers I really don't see them changing these plans anytime soon. Even if they do I'm sure the people currently on them will be grandfathered in (just like the original unlimited plan and even the directv unlimited plan. The unlimited plan that required you to have directv was grandfathered in)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings2510 View Post
    I don't think it would be easier. All of their plans are pretty much bound by the same terms. I mean I guess they could raise the price slightly in the future but we see how long the GF unlimited was around before they made a couple of price increases. But with the strong competition from the other carriers I really don't see them changing these plans anytime soon. Even if they do I'm sure the people currently on them will be grandfathered in (just like the original unlimited plan and even the directv unlimited plan. The unlimited plan that required you to have directv was grandfathered in)
    Good points. Is there a downside to switching? I don't care about DTV, just unlimited data/text and roaming in Canada for a bit.

Feedback Score
    AT&T can drop or modify a plan at any time, they just have to let you out of your contract without an ETF if they do. And if you aren't in contract, then there is no ETF.

So the plan you are on doesn't matter in that regard; what matters is if you are on contract or not.

Feedback Score
    Good points. Is there a downside to switching? I don't care about DTV, just unlimited data/text and roaming in Canada for a bit.
    I don't see one. Unlimited everything. I use around 30gb a month. One of my other lines somehow averaged 60gb a month. The third line uses about 5gb so we're close to 100gb a month as a whole. I've never experienced any slowdowns once I passed 22gb nor has the other high use line. I know that's something people like to bring up. Being "throttled" after 22gb but it isn't a hard throttle. It's just network management if the tower is congested. And if you ever do decide to get Uverse TV or Directv you will get the $25 credit and free hbo. I know you said you don't care about those things right now but you never know what may change in the future. So honestly I don't see any downsides to switching. Plus the free roaming in Canada and Mexico are definitely good bonuses.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings2510 View Post
    I don't see one. Unlimited everything. I use around 30gb a month. One of my other lines somehow averaged 60gb a month. The third line uses about 5gb so we're close to 100gb a month as a whole. I've never experienced any slowdowns once I passed 22gb nor has the other high use line. I know that's something people like to bring up. Being "throttled" after 22gb but it isn't a hard throttle. It's just network management if the tower is congested. And if you ever do decide to get Uverse TV or Directv you will get the $25 credit and free hbo. I know you said you don't care about those things right now but you never know what may change in the future. So honestly I don't see any downsides to switching. Plus the free roaming in Canada and Mexico are definitely good bonuses.
    Thanks for the reply. I think I'm calling tomorrow to switch. Throttling can occur on the current unlimited plan I have, so not worried about that. I stream everything, so Uverse or Directv aren't in my foreseeable future (at least for now).

Feedback Score
    Well, my corporate discount cannot be used with the new unlimited plans. Without the discount, the new plan costs more than my grandfathered plan. Guess I'm keeping what I have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2