Thread: Looking for Verizon MVNO's Pay-As-You-Go plan (voice and text only)

Feedback Score

Looking for Verizon MVNO's Pay-As-You-Go plan (voice and text only)

I am looking for Verizon MVNO's Pay-As-You-Go plan (voice and text only) with long expiration period to be used with 3G dumbphone (no LTE) as backup phone.

I know about $10 / 4 months of PagePlus. Is there something else with longer expiration period (at least 6 months)?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If you are a Comcast customer look into Xfinity Mobile. You would have to buy a phone from them, but for a extremely light, or completely non data user the service wouldn't cost you anything.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RFK View Post
    I am looking for Verizon MVNO's Pay-As-You-Go plan (voice and text only) with long expiration period to be used with 3G dumbphone (no LTE) as backup phone.

I know about $10 / 4 months of PagePlus. Is there something else with longer expiration period (at least 6 months)?
    Puppy Wireless. $80/1 Year. $0.015/$0.015/$0.015.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Boom <Tracfone Verizon BYOP < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Selectel used to have a $75/ year 2000 min plan - website does not list it, but prepaidphonenews.com may have further info about dealers

that may still sell it.

You don't mention usage, but tracfone might work.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trek83 View Post
    Selectel used to have a $75/ year 2000 min plan - website does not list it, but prepaidphonenews.com may have further info about dealers

that may still sell it.

You don't mention usage, but tracfone might work.
    That Selectel $75 yearly plan is still available on their website, although possibly not available from their front-facing plan page. The link is http://www.selectelwireless.com/product/yearly-plan/ . It is also available at http://www.batmobilewireless.com/pro...5-yearly-plan/, a long-time Selectel dealer. The Selectel $75 yearly plan includes 2,000 minutes AND 2,000 SMS, good for 1 year.

Device(s)
    w376g
    Carrier(s)
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Just buy a year on PagePlus, not as cheap, but you only have to renew. I think you can set up auto pay even on paygo, but I don't , so you'd need to double check.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcoverage View Post
    Just buy a year on PagePlus, not as cheap, but you only have to renew. I think you can set up auto pay even on paygo, but I don't , so you'd need to double check.
    That's also a good option.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE(2), LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    This is an excellent value for 3g devices and unfortunately mostly ignored.

I really should have advised my Mom to switch to this plan before renewing with Selectel.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    This is an excellent value for 3g devices and unfortunately mostly ignored.

I really should have advised my Mom to switch to this plan before renewing with Selectel.
    I was a little worried about the longevity of PW/UNSI due to their financial situation, so I put my mom's 3G phone on Expo Mobile, which turns out to be a little more at $90/year, but her usage easily fits into Expo's $30/120 days plan. But since neither PW or Expo have rollover, it's not too much of a difference annually. Plus, if by some miracle, she would ever want a 4G phone, it would be allowed on that Expo Mobile plan.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE(2), LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    I was a little worried about the longevity of PW/UNSI due to their financial situation, so I put my mom's 3G phone on Expo Mobile, which turns out to be a little more at $90/year, but her usage easily fits into Expo's $30/120 days plan. But since neither PW or Expo have rollover, it's not too much of a difference annually. Plus, if by some miracle, she would ever want a 4G phone, it would be allowed on that Expo Mobile plan.
    Would be better to just leave her on Selectel then? Expo is a non starter with me so that is not an option anyway.

I am hoping for Xfinity Mobile to allow BYOD by the time her Selectel plan renews an then she can move to them with a new device of her choice.
    Even if they do not offer BYOD she would probably be happy with the X Power, even if it is over priced.

..................But we digress

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    Would be better to just leave her on Selectel then?
    Probably, if the $75 lasts her all year.

Device(s)
    Moto G4, Novatel 7730L, ZTE Mobley, StarTAC
    Carrier(s)
    Viaero, Commnet, VZW, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Whoa! Where has this been? That is an amazing value in the prepaid wireless department.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by E_tron View Post
    Whoa! Where has this been? That is an amazing value in the prepaid wireless department.
    It's been available since 11/01/2015. Yes, if you only want to use a 3G phone, it's a very good value. There's no monthly fee, like the PPC Standard Plan, either.

Feedback Score
    I have had Page Plus for the last 3 years. Been through 3 phones. Any places I went that there wasn't coverage, ATT & Tmo weren't there either. No problems with c/s. Cheapest yearly cost: $30. ($10 for120 day period @ 12.5c / min) If you pay $25 per period, it's 7c /min. This includes the 50c / mo. access fee.
    Expo mobile is the cheapest, but you have poor c/s, minutes don't roll over and other nuisances.
    Good thing about Verizon / Sprint MVNO's, many older flip phones still work on it.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); Moto G (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    We should expect a large shift in things (and of course many forum posts) surrounding non-smart phones when VZW sunsets their 3G and 1x/RTT networks in a few years. All the attention has been on smart phones with newer models naturally incorporating LTE and VoLTE voice techniques. I wonder if the CDMA carriers (assuming there's still a sizeable user base - I think there is) are prepping their flip phone users. Those users are likely much less techy.
    Last edited by whacker; 06-07-2017 at 10:15 AM. Reason: finishing touches