Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: anyone able to sign up for new unlimited dataconnect pass ?

Device(s)
    Note2/Oppo7a
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone $35
    Feedback Score
    I have used H2O sims to sign up on gophone and regular ATT. H2o sims are cheap on amazon. Just bought one for 1˘ with free shipping.

Cricket won't activate them

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    I have used H2O sims to sign up on gophone and regular ATT. H2o sims are cheap on amazon. Just bought one for 1˘ with free shipping.

Cricket won't activate them
    Interesting, I wonder if TracFone/net10 at&t sims would work?

Feedback Score
    Or if cricket Sim will work on at&t

Feedback Score
    That is good news about the H2O sims. I pick them up every now and then for a penny each (limit was three the last I ordered) just for the sim adapter.

Sent from my SM-N900V using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Well that was a waste, it rejected the Cricket Sim but took a net10 Sim, paid for it and everything, but it won't get any data, doesn't even show the LTE symbol, doesn't look like modyfying the Apn does anything. Guess I'll just wait for the gophone Sim I ordered , looks like I'll be wasting 4 or so days off unlimited.

Device(s)
    Note2/Oppo7a
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone $35
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Well that was a waste, it rejected the Cricket Sim but took a net10 Sim, paid for it and everything, but it won't get any data, doesn't even show the LTE symbol, doesn't look like modyfying the Apn does anything. Guess I'll just wait for the gophone Sim I ordered , looks like I'll be wasting 4 or so days off unlimited.
    That's why I suggested H2O. You got to be dirt poor to cry over a penny. I know H2O sims work because I use my iPad account in multiple devices with all three size sims. I log into to my iPad account and change the sim number instead of using adapters. H2O sims have always been my cheap source for ATT sims. The H2O sim will not bring up the broadband apn. Many devices I will have to enter it. I also have had devices not get LTE for a while till the sim gets an update through the network, 10 minutes and a reboot and they are usually good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyrobby View Post
    nope. i love it so far and have actually used close to 30GB

the thing is it a one off pass for 30 days. if at&t ever decides they do not like how they are being used(for example heavy usage than they expected on average) they could simply stop offering the pass and its all over. no one would be grandfathered in. its a relatively risk free way for at&t to 'test the waters' and see if they like the usage patterns they get.

i'm guessing they were not selling as many data passes as they liked and so did this as a test.
    Hopefully they don't punish everybody for certain people using 30gigs of data in a short period of time, ehmmmmm.

Sent from my Z820 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Any speculation on how or why at&t is giving away so much data for so little $$$?

Feedback Score
    Could folks please report back when they renew their plan - how easy is it to do?

Also, are extra taxes and fees charged for this plan?

Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedapple View Post
    Could folks please report back when they renew their plan - how easy is it to do?

Also, are extra taxes and fees charged for this plan?

Thank you!
    My account origination was $32.43 . The account management page is really vague about renewals, it says auto renew "disabled", I don't see a way to turn it on. I'm just wondering if this is some kind of experiment, $30 seems awfully cheap if they really allow unlimited" h/s data.

Feedback Score
    I've never paid attention, but is at&t pretty good about grandfathering if this plan should go away?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    I've never paid attention, but is at&t pretty good about grandfathering if this plan should go away?
    The speculation is that since it doesn't appear to show up as an auto-renew plan within the iPad or on the landing page, you have to select it each month. Therefore, if they drop it, you wouldn't be able to renew it. If so, then they are probably trying to avoid the situation where people hang onto it, sell it to others years later, etc.

I sold mine a couple weeks ago, less than market price. Based on my usage, I'll make up savings in the long run by getting lower usage plans. I'm trying a $10 for 5GB/150 day plan right now on a competitor. If it works for me, it will save in the long run. And if I need unlimited for a month, I can just signup for it.
    I now have the 7+, continuing my pattern of buying every other iPhone generation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    The speculation is that since it doesn't appear to show up as an auto-renew plan within the iPad or on the landing page, you have to select it each month. Therefore, if they drop it, you wouldn't be able to renew it. If so, then they are probably trying to avoid the situation where people hang onto it, sell it to others years later, etc.

I sold mine a couple weeks ago, less than market price. Based on my usage, I'll make up savings in the long run by getting lower usage plans. I'm trying a $10 for 5GB/150 day plan right now on a competitor. If it works for me, it will save in the long run. And if I need unlimited for a month, I can just signup for it.
    Selling what?!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I sold my unlimited account I had had since the release of the iPad. Up until May, ATT didn't throttle it, or reprioritize it. People could even move the associated SIM to a hotspot. Many people were probably using it for home internet in areas they couldn't get inexpensive internet for the home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post

Who is that plan through?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast