Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: anyone able to sign up for new unlimited dataconnect pass ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    It hasn't even been around for 30 days, not sure how one would "re-up" .
    I wasn't aware that this plan was that new.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedapple View Post
    I wasn't aware that this plan was that new.
    I really like this plan so far, not sure if there's a grace period or what, without having to create a new account. As usual at&t is very vague, on my account page there's other data selections, bit it looks like whatever you do selecting a new plan starts it immidiately.

Feedback Score
    What phone, an unlocked, unbranded one? I did try it on a cricket branded HTC 625, and it worked, only kept it in a few minutes, but for now it's on my at&t tablet. In wonder if I put it in a non carrier branded unlocked phone if at&t would every care, or know?
    I haven't tried it in an unbranded device, but have tried it in a friend's Moto G4 Play and my own G5 Play (both branded Motorola, but universal...at least as far as US carries go) and they worked fine. In the G5 Play and my LG G5 US992 tethering worked fine after adding dun in the APN type field (which also works for the Cricket sim).

Sent from my SM-N900V using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markdiesel View Post
    I haven't tried it in an unbranded device, but have tried it in a friend's Moto G4 Play and my own G5 Play (both branded Motorola, but universal...at least as far as US carries go) and they worked fine. In the G5 Play and my LG G5 US992 tethering worked fine after adding dun in the APN type field (which also works for the Cricket sim).

Good info, thanks.. Didn't know about "dun" , I downloaded hotspot pro on my at&t tablet and it's hotspotting fine. Interestingly when I allow the at&t account manager app on my tablet, it blocks the hotspot, as soon as I disable it , it hotspots again. I'm almost tempted to buy another $30 plan to use as my phone service only if I can add it to the same account, this plan doesn't seem to be getting much attention, maybe I'm overestimating its value? Another thing, at&t refunded the few dollars in taxes to my debit card yesterday, so it's a flat $30...I don't think they're legally allowed to collect taxes on a data only plan.

Feedback Score

I'm not sure what I meant by unbranded, carrier unbranded.

Feedback Score
    Wish I knew of those plan will be available for renewal next month, my T-Mobile prepaid plan needs renewing in a couple days, and it's the $30 tmo plan that's not available anymore, and I have $95 in that account, if I stick it on the $3 month plan and this at&t doesn't renew I will have given up the $30 TMO plan!

Carrier(s)
    Cricket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    I really don't think it's going anywhere with att selling unlimited data on postpaid, go phone and cricket now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto Zap View Post
    I really don't think it's going anywhere with att selling unlimited data on postpaid, go phone and cricket now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    looks like you were right, this plan on my account anyways, is available for auto renew every$30 days, wish I knew if you could use refill cards instead of credit cards.

Device(s)
    Note2/Oppo7a
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone $35
    Feedback Score
    looks like you were right, this plan on my account anyways, is available for auto renew every$30 days, wish I knew if you could use refill cards instead of credit cards.
    It would be nice to do a CallingMart autofill.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    It would be nice to do a CallingMart autofill.
    At&t's account portal for three data pass plans look like something out of the 1990s.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedapple View Post
    Has anyone tried to re-up this plan yet?

If yes, how easy/hard was it to do?

Thank you.
    I logged into the buyassesion dot att dot com page where the account was setup initially and see device info, plan info, and purchase history, but do not see any method of setting up auto-pay or even to add funds online. I do see phone # 800-331-0500.

Am I missing something very obvious of how to add funds?

Edit: The above was via Firefox and Chrome on a W10 PC. Checking on this phone yields the same info. I am 100 miles from the tablet for a day or so, so I cannot check from there at the moment.

Edit 2: I failed to mention I tried the standard GoPhone page where one enters their 10 digit phone # and four digit password. I get an error that says the # is not associated with a valid GoPhone sub.

Sent from my LGUS992 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I logged into the buyassesion dot att dot com page where the account was setup initially and see device info, plan info, and purchase history, but do not see any method of setting up auto-pay or even to add funds online. I do see phone # 800-331-0500.

Am I missing something very obvious of how to add funds?

Edit: The above was via Firefox and Chrome on a W10 PC. Checking on this phone yields the same info. I am 100 miles from the tablet for a day or so, so I cannot check from there at the moment.

Edit 2: I failed to mention I tried the standard GoPhone page where one enters their 10 digit phone # and four digit password. I get an error that says the # is not associated with a valid GoPhone sub.

Look under "manage data" and look through the plans, the unlimited LTE is now listed as available renewal every 30 days,I wouldn't change it though until you current one is ready to expire, is says it will take effect immidiately... That's what I'm getting anyway, mobile chrome.

Feedback Score
    Thank you, sharp99!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    this plan is for tablets, pretty sure i saw that att already had a $30 unlimited data plan, the new plans if ur on a family plan u can add a tablet for $20
    Sign up for Ibotta, the app that really helps you save money on item's you already buy, click on the link below to get a $10 bonus! After $20 you can send the funds to a PayPal account or a gift card (wal-mart,target,giant eagle etc)

https://www.ibotta.com/r/vkubwkv

Don't have Ibotta? download it here:

Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ibotta.android

iPhone https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ibotta/id559887125

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    this plan is for tablets, pretty sure i saw that att already had a $30 unlimited data plan, the new plans if ur on a family plan u can add a tablet for $20
    Afaik it's a newly added plan available for renewal every 30 days, not sure about the family plan thing.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast