Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Total Wireless - How do I turn off voicemail?

Device(s)
    Moto Z Play Droid, Moto X PE, Docomo SH-02G, F-07E;
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless, GoPhone,
    Feedback Score

Total Wireless - How do I turn off voicemail?

I use Google Voice and don't need voicemail from my carrier (Total Wireless). Any idea how to turn off?

I tried asking via their chat function but it told me that they are experiencing a high volume of chats and to try again later. I'm using a Moto Z Play Droid. Thanks.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What about just not setting it up to begin with? When forwarding calls, GV will intercept forwarding calls to third party voicemail systems. That is, the caller will only be able to leave a message with GV.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    That's what I did when I set up my kids' TW accounts...I never set up the TW voicemail. Then I set up GV voicemail for each line.

However, if kgjulie already has TW voicemail set up, is there any way to turn it off at a later date?

Unless there is some way to disable already active TW voicemail that I'm not aware of, I really think kgjulie is going to have to contact TW CS, either via chat or by calling.

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I may be misunderstanding the problem. I had my TW voicemail set up. But now I use Google voice, so my TW voicemail is bypassed and voicemails are sent to Google instead. I did not need to deactivate my TW VM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless, GoPhone,
    Feedback Score
    I did not ever set up my Total Wireless voicemail, but it still intercepts calls if the Moto Z rings and I decline the call. The caller gets a message that the customer has a voice mailbox that has not been set up yet or something like that. It has happened with several calls.

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kgjulie View Post
    I did not ever set up my Total Wireless voicemail, but it still intercepts calls if the Moto Z rings and I decline the call. The caller gets a message that the customer has a voice mailbox that has not been set up yet or something like that. It has happened with several calls.
    I think you need to set up call forwarding to Google voicemail if that's your intent. It's been a while, but I did it right through the app.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X- Moto X PE(2)- SG SIII- LG G Pad- Nokia 6102b
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Tello, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    There are 3 scenarios
    1) You use GV as your primary number and forward all calls to the number associated with your device
    2) You forward from the number on your device to GV
    3) Both

With VZW voice mail service (TW) you can not turn off VM like you can with Sprint or increase the time that it takes to pick up like you can with AT&T (T-Mobile?).

I know that with number (1) a problem can arise with VZ voice mail picking up before GV and apparently this can happen if you do set up your VM box or if you do not set up your VM box.

I personally did not set up my box and GV is picking up before the VZ notification message that the box is not set up. Others have reported that VZ vm picking up before GV with the VZ vm not set up and when they go ahead and set it up GV is then picking up before VZ vm.

If VZ vm is picking up before GV with VM set up you should be able to call Total and ask them to reset your voice mail so it is no longer set up.
    I know you can do this with Tracfone, so it should be possible with TW. Escalate the issue to a supervisor if need be.
    Last edited by ls61; 06-06-2017 at 02:43 PM.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think it's *71{10 digit number} to set up conditional call forwarding. Use your gv # for the 10 digit number.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless, GoPhone,
    Feedback Score
    Google Voice is set up. It is forwarding correctly, it is just that the Total Wireless voicemail is intercepting before GV has a chance to pick up if I don't answer the call. I had to disable voicemail on my prior carrier, AT&T, to get it to work also. I don't use my carrier number at all, so I never want messages to go there. Thanks for any help. I'll try contacting TW when they're less busy.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    There is no way around this that I know of if you decline the call, need let it ring through to voice mail and GV should pick up..

I just silence the call.
    Last edited by ls61; 06-06-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Google Voice is set up. It is forwarding correctly, it is just that the Total Wireless voicemail is intercepting before GV has a chance to pick up if I don't answer the call. I had to disable voicemail on my prior carrier, AT&T, to get it to work also. I don't use my carrier number at all, so I never want messages to go there. Thanks for any help. I'll try contacting TW when they're less busy.
    Slightly confused,
    So you do not have your TW (VZ) voice mail box set up and GV will not pick up if you physically decline the call and if you let it ring through?
    If this the case then all you can try is to set up your box to see if it will work in that configuration?

Or.............. did you go ahead and set up your box and now TW vm picks up if you let it ring through?

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    This makes no sense, or I'm not getting it. If your carrier # is not used at all, how is the carrier voicemail picking up? When people dial your GV #, how does the carrier # and/or voicemail, which you said is never used, get involved in the call being placed to your GV #?
    PagePlus-PayG 2001-2015
    LycaMobile-v1 PayG 2013-2016
    Selectel-PayG 2013-2015
    Puppy-Test 2014
    Tracfone-PayG 2015-2016
    TruPhone-PayG 2015-TBD
    Red Pocket-eBay 2016-2017
    Piranha-PayG 2016-TBD
    FreedomPop-GSM 1,200MB/Mo Free 2016-TBD

Ericsson AF738 Jul01-Dec03
    Qualcomm QCP 2760 Dec03-Feb08
    LG VX-8600 Feb08-Apr10
    Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 Apr10-Nov11
    HTC Droid Inc ADR6300 (CM7.2) Nov11-Jun13
    HTC Droid Inc 2 ADR6350 (CM7.2) Jun13-May15
    LG G2 VS980 (Rooted) May15-Apr17
    LG Phoenix 2 Mar17-

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I just tested my voicemail. I called my phone from 2 different numbers and dismissed them. They both went straight to Google voicemail.

Edit - these calls were made to my TW number. I don't use my GV number.

Sent from my Moto X Pure using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jeffro2700; 06-06-2017 at 04:01 PM.

Feedback Score
    This is weird indeed. My GV number and calls never gets mixed with my real TW number.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast