Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NEW $45 Plan now comes with 8GB of data! Plan updates in June 2017!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 on ST
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk/AT&T
    Feedback Score

NEW $45 Plan now comes with 8GB of data! Plan updates in June 2017!

Well well well what do we have here.. The beloved $45 plan has now become 8GB until throttle... I remember when we got upped from 3gb to 5gb.... We've came a long way Straight Talk, many years of service... Others AT&T MVNO's still can't touch Straight Talk in value come 2017.. But hey lets not forget this is for verizon, sprint, and t-mobile subscribers as well! Cheers!!!Name:  Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 2.36.05 PM.png
Views: 2412
Size:  49.4 KB

Feedback Score
    Now that's some good news...
    I was thinking of switching to Mintsim just because of the data(10GB).
    Now 8GB of data, verizon network and great deal on refill (ebay)..Guess I'm staying....

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

So untimely....

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchypunk101 View Post
    Well well well what do we have here.. The beloved $45 plan has now become 8GB until throttle... I remember when we got upped from 3gb to 5gb.... We've came a long way Straight Talk, many years of service... Others AT&T MVNO's still can't touch Straight Talk in value come 2017.. But hey lets not forget this is for verizon, sprint, and t-mobile subscribers as well! Cheers!!!Name:  Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 2.36.05 PM.png
Views: 2412
Size:  49.4 KB
    Sign, for two months I have been asking ST about their plan to deal with this, but obviously this wasn't made known to anybody. With AT&T GoPhone at 6GB (since April) and Verizon just announced 7GB (at 50). Of course, I have already started the GoPhone process. I checked the ST website constantly before making the porting plan. Such is my luck.

There are definitely other benefits that likely outweigh the value of the 2GB extra, but Tracfone is screwing this up. Essentially, they are only interested in keeping users who were not proactive to look around for the past 3-4 months. If they had at the very least said something about we will be making changes like H2O has done, it would have been easier to roll another few months.

Rasheed

Device(s)
    ZTE
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (Straight Talk)
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile recently withdrew their prepaid refill cards from Target and Walmart stores and I'm now taking another look at Straight Talk.

I just looked at Straight Talk's web site and these new plans are listed. That $35 plan for unlimited everything with 2Gb high speed data is unheard of at this price point.

I wonder if the older refill cards at Walmart (the 5 and 10Gb plans) will provide the new data allotments, if purchased.

Also, the Verizon LTE speeds were throttled at 5Mbps down. Is that still the same today, or did they increase it?
    Last edited by EdwardP; 06-06-2017 at 06:31 PM.

Feedback Score
    TotalWireless is still a better deal because you can buy extra data $10/3GB that rolls over forever. Plus TW has group plans making it even cheaper. This isn't a deal at all unless you want AT&T service.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardP View Post
    I wonder if the older refill cards at Walmart (the 5 and 10Gb plans) will provide the new data allotments, if purchased.
    Yes, the old cards in store will now start activating at the higher data allocations. It seems like a lot of cards to throw out....

Rasheed

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 on ST
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardP View Post
    T-Mobile recently withdrew their prepaid refill cards from Target and Walmart stores and I'm now taking another look at Straight Talk.
    Or did Walmart and Target withdraw the prepaid refill cards due to their in house networks??

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 on ST
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rasheedb View Post
    Sign, for two months I have been asking ST about their plan to deal with this, but obviously this wasn't made known to anybody. With AT&T GoPhone at 6GB (since April) and Verizon just announced 7GB (at 50). Of course, I have already started the GoPhone process. I checked the ST website constantly before making the porting plan. Such is my luck.
    I was actually looking at the new go phone offerings before I posted this. If you've paid any attention over the years, one company starts changing their offer, then the other companies have to as well to be competitive.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 on ST
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    TotalWireless is still a better deal because you can buy extra data $10/3GB that rolls over forever. Plus TW has group plans making it even cheaper. This isn't a deal at all unless you want AT&T service.
    Total waste unless you're a customer that doesn't use much data over a long period of time

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    That's exactly how I see it, TMobile and Verizon via straight talk is an okay deal, at&t via straight talk, pretty great deal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    Now that's some good news...
    I was thinking of switching to Mintsim just because of the data(10GB).
    Now 8GB of data, verizon network and great deal on refill (ebay)..Guess I'm staying....
    Isn't that mintsim plan still a better deal at $20 a month, for now anyway?

Device(s)
    Nokia E71, iPhone 4s, iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    I have used Straighttalk AT&T network for several years now, and recently decided to give PureTalk USA AT&T a try. PureTalk is basically the same service I was getting with Straighttalk and right now PureTalk USA has a better deal than Straighttalks new $35 for 2 GB. PureTalk is $35 for 2.5GB and so far I'm very happy with them.

Feedback Score
    Good business decision for ST. They were being under cut by new MVNO's. However Mint Sim for high data users is still the best deal out there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jettypoint View Post
    Good business decision for ST. They were being under cut by new MVNO's. However Mint Sim for high data users is still the best deal out there.
    If you want TMobile instead on Verizon/at&t and have to buy multiple months at once with no guarantee of service. I don't think TracFone is going anywhere.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Isn't that mintsim plan still a better deal at $20 a month, for now anyway?
    Yes, mintsim is a good deal. I like Verizon and mintsim is on T-Mobile. I'll switch my wife phone once her service on ST about to end. She like T-Mobile. I couldn't get Wi-Fi calling working on ST but it does work on mintsim.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast