Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Freedom $59 8Gb or Koodo $49 6Gb

Feedback Score

Freedom $59 8Gb or Koodo $49 6Gb

Hey guys

So, I have hear about this koodo plan from Quebec that is 6 Gb for $49.

I now, have Freedom $59 8Gb and I am happy. It is 3G but I am not having any problems at all.

Any thoughts?

Should I switch to Koodo?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    No thoughts because you didnt specify any question that you want our opinion on!

Feedback Score
    Should I switch to Koodo?

Feedback Score
    It depends on your needs. The $59 plan is great cause it comes with US roaming. So if that's something you need then stay with Freedom!

Feedback Score
    I dont need US Roaming.

Feedback Score
    Then I'd switch to Koodo!
    The only reason to hold onto the $59 plan with freedom would be the US roaming
    Otherwise you're saving $10/mo and will be on a better network

Feedback Score
    Switch to Koodo. Unless the 2 extra gigs is absolutely essential, save $10, enjoy usage on a real network.

Feedback Score
    Looks like that 6 gb lte plan isn't just a corporate plan but something Telus offers in order to compete. Ex videotron in Quebec. I was offered a similar plan with 6 gb lte data from koodo as well. I'm in bc but I work for Loblaws as a part timer so that was offered via the mobile shop. There was posters about it in the staff room.

If you do work for Loblaws, do recommend switching and asking around if you have a further discount.

Feedback Score
    No I dont work for Loblaws. This plan is a QC plan. It is complicated to explain here.
    But it is possible to get this plan.

It is lke my number will be from quebec.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by felipelordes View Post
    No I dont work for Loblaws. This plan is a QC plan. It is complicated to explain here.
    But it is possible to get this plan.

It is lke my number will be from quebec.
    But then you could Port your Ontario number over. There is a whole thread about it in the Koodo forum; should go check it out. It's easy enough!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MattOnDemand View Post
    But then you could Port your Ontario number over. There is a whole thread about it in the Koodo forum; should go check it out. It's easy enough!
    Yeah. I am doing all this process. I already have the QC number just waiting to change my plan and port my number.

But, before doing all this I wanted to come here first. Lol

I am really enjoying freedom. It is my second time using it and It is so much better. And 2 more GB a month makes a lot of difference. Lol

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    A couple other considerations, which may seem minor.

- Freedom VoWiFi, anywhere in the world, off-network, and in buildings when cellular signal is attentuated
    - call forwarding (an important call feature with mobile service), is an extra charge on Koodo
    - US LD
    - the $49 Freedom plan will give you the same 6GB data allotment, no overage (with domestic voice roaming included)
    - the Freedom plan is in-market

I know in the Koodo forum they pooh-pooh the possiblilty of losing an out-of-market plan, but the T&Cs you sign make specific reference (first paragraph!) to the plan being in-market, and witness how Telus has clamped down on the Koodo MB plans.
    Last edited by pjw918; 06-07-2017 at 12:04 PM. Reason: 'you sign' agreement

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post

- Freedom VoWiFi, anywhere in the world, off-network, and in buildings when cellular signal is attentuated
    - call forwarding (an important call feature with mobile service), is an extra charge on Koodo
    - US LD
    - the $49 Freedom plan will give you the same 6GB data allotment, no overage (with domestic voice roaming included)

I know in the Koodo forum they pooh-pooh the possiblilty of losing an out-of-market plan, but the T&Cs you sign make specific reference (first paragraph!) to the plan being in-market, and witness how Telus has clamped down on the Koodo MB plans.
    Good considerations.

Last month I used 7.5 GB. So, 8 Gb for me is the best thing. I have an Iphone, so probably I will not have access to VOWiFi soon. Or never? I dont know.

I might give it a try to see to how it works. If it is not good I can always come back to Freedom.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post

- US LD

the plan is pretty ****** compared to what they offered during boxing day. Call forwarding was included.. 1000 long distance minutes included plus 6 gb lte data for 45 dollars. looks like they are giving Quebec a stripped down version of the corporate plan which was really a carbon copy of one of the wind 45 holiday plans minus world saver add on and the extra gb of data which is lte.

Feedback Score
    It is still 6gb and I am pretty sure it has call forwarding. I wanted to wait until the new iphone so I could use LTE on freedom. But I am not if it will come with Band 66.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast