Thread: Rate Plan Increase for T-Mobile One Wearable

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Rate Plan Increase for T-Mobile One Wearable

Folks, I confirmed with T-Mobile support today, that the One Wearable rate plan has increased from $15.00 after auto-pay discount, to $20.00 after auto-pay discount. There are no features, or added benefits, as both plans included taxes and fees in price. If you already have the plan, you get to keep your $15.00 price point, all taxes and fees included after auto-pay discount. If you have a T-Mobile One voice plan, the old wearable plan is $5.00 after auto-pay discount, and as of today, new customers have to pay $10.00 after auto-pay, and have at least one line on the One Voice plan. I pay $15.00 because I have no T-Mobile voice lines, I have 4 wearable plans totaling $60.00 a month after auto pay discount. My wife uses a Verizon Iphone 6s on the wearable plan, My mom uses a GS5, I use a G4 Play, and I have the 4th wearable line in my At&t Homebase ZTE Z700a for backup internet and voice with ethernet out. Speed is 512Kbps unlimited, but video plays great because of compression. Earlier this year, T-Mobile converted users from the old Simple Choice wearable that included 500mb of high speed LTE, and 128Kbps after, to the One wearable plan at 512Kbps throttled unlimited speeds for $15.00 after auto pay, all taxes and fees included. As for why the price went up from the old One plan, to the new One, they had no explanation.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The wearable plan should be $10 and regular mobile internet line $20. Right now you can get a new line for 50% Off and with kickback should be super cheap or free

Sent from my SM-G955U using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If you have a qualifying One voice line, it is now $10.00 after auto pay discount. It was $5.00. Still a great deal. If you have no qualifying voice lines, the price is now $20.00 for new customers, and $15.00 for existing One wearable plan customers with auto pay.
    Fixed based wireless ZTE Z700a on T-Mobile One wearable plan

Always testing, hacking, and pushing the limits of what's possible with wireless

Been in industry since 1996

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Still a pretty good deal

Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app
    Sent from my windows phone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTEnabled View Post
    Folks, I confirmed with T-Mobile support today, that the One Wearable rate plan has increased from $15.00 after auto-pay discount, to $20.00 after auto-pay discount. There are no features, or added benefits, as both plans included taxes and fees in price. If you already have the plan, you get to keep your $15.00 price point, all taxes and fees included after auto-pay discount. If you have a T-Mobile One voice plan, the old wearable plan is $5.00 after auto-pay discount, and as of today, new customers have to pay $10.00 after auto-pay, and have at least one line on the One Voice plan. I pay $15.00 because I have no T-Mobile voice lines, I have 4 wearable plans totaling $60.00 a month after auto pay discount. My wife uses a Verizon Iphone 6s on the wearable plan, My mom uses a GS5, I use a G4 Play, and I have the 4th wearable line in my At&t Homebase ZTE Z700a for backup internet and voice with ethernet out. Speed is 512Kbps unlimited, but video plays great because of compression. Earlier this year, T-Mobile converted users from the old Simple Choice wearable that included 500mb of high speed LTE, and 128Kbps after, to the One wearable plan at 512Kbps throttled unlimited speeds for $15.00 after auto pay, all taxes and fees included. As for why the price went up from the old One plan, to the new One, they had no explanation.
    So, are you able to connect your phones to your wearable via wifi, thus having service on your phone? Do your wearables receive phone calls and texts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcruz26 View Post
    So, are you able to connect your phones to your wearable via wifi, thus having service on your phone? Do your wearables receive phone calls and texts?
    He apparently is using regular phones and not wearable devices on the wearable plans. The downside is that the data speeds are limited to 3G speeds (512K). But at $60 for four lines, he considers that a fair trade-off.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    My bill shows $20 a month for my Gear S3 Frontier wearable from Samsung. I do have AutoPay.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    He apparently is using regular phones and not wearable devices on the wearable plans. The downside is that the data speeds are limited to 3G speeds (512K). But at $60 for four lines, he considers that a fair trade-off.
    Ah! I see, so he is SIM swapping...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I thought I once saw that sim swapping from that plan is risky.
    They may shut all lines....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    My bill shows $20 a month for my Gear S3 Frontier wearable from Samsung. I do have AutoPay.
    Do you find yourself making "phone calls" with the watch?

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Do you find yourself making "phone calls" with the watch?
    No outbound calls yet. My calls are forwarded though from my smartphone.

I have Spotify installed on it and I pair it to my BT headset so when I go to the gym I don't have to haul around my big ol' Galaxy S8.

Device(s)
    S4
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTEnabled View Post
    If you have a qualifying One voice line, it is now $10.00 after auto pay discount. It was $5.00. Still a great deal. If you have no qualifying voice lines, the price is now $20.00 for new customers, and $15.00 for existing One wearable plan customers with auto pay.

I have had my Tmoblie One Wearable Sim in my pretty broken/beatup S4 (Fixed the IMEI to a wearable from 00000) for over 3 years now. I am afraid to move it an loose the plan...

Since they increased it to $20 After taxes, should I be scared to move it now?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by illtww View Post
    I have had my Tmoblie One Wearable Sim in my pretty broken/beatup S4 (Fixed the IMEI to a wearable from 00000) for over 3 years now. I am afraid to move it an loose the plan...

Since they increased it to $20 After taxes, should I be scared to move it now?
    In my opinion, it is more likely the wearable SIM won't operate in a newer phone, then it is that T-Mobile causes you to lose your older plan. They don't really have a history of just changing your plan without your consent.