Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: poor speed in Yamhill County Oregon

Feedback Score

poor speed in Yamhill County Oregon

Hello I am really frustrated with Verizon's speed in my county. I'm partial to Verizon overall but their speed here is downright lousy. But if I go closer to Portland and Salem the speed absolutely screams! The signal levels seem ok and it just doesn't seem with as good of signal levels I'm seeing that speed should be this awful. Any ideas on what to do?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA, Vodafone ES
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wildinsalem View Post
    Hello I am really frustrated with Verizon's speed in my county. I'm partial to Verizon overall but their speed here is downright lousy. But if I go closer to Portland and Salem the speed absolutely screams! The signal levels seem ok and it just doesn't seem with as good of signal levels I'm seeing that speed should be this awful. Any ideas on what to do?
    You can file a ticket with VZW technical support. Please ask other VZW users in the area to do the same.

Feedback Score
    You've been complaining about speeds in your area for a long time now. I told you that in my area it was so congested that you could not even use LTE at all for much of the day and evening. Sometimes it would even drop LTE and go to 3G or 1x with the phone just sitting on the table. It was like this for almost a year until Verizon put up 3 small cells all around the area for better capacity.
    Verizon is really starting to plummet in many areas due to congestion. It takes them a really long time sometimes to improve coverage or capacity.
    I'm being serious here, If the speeds and or coverage is that bad in your area then try another carrier. Why do you HAVE to stay with Verizon?

Feedback Score
    I downgraded to non smartphone data is unusable I'll just use wifi on my tablet

Feedback Score
    I don't "have to" it's because I'm on as a manager on a business plan for a family enterprise. I've personally tried AT&T and it seems a lot better but there's the issue of having to replace all the equipment and that's not exactly a simple task on a business plan. I even have the commissioner's ear on this issue and sent two certified letters to "Verizon Correspondence Team" I'm told that is a executive complaint department. Where else do I go to raise a stink, the PUC? It just seems so absurd Verizon touts itself as the "best" but yet it's completely lousy throughout the whole county! Even in my town, McMinnville, population 35,000 it's terrible -- practically unusable -- all day long every day until after midnight to 6AM I've determined !

Feedback Score
    IMHO these congestion problems are caused by unlimited users.

Feedback Score
    Probably you are correct. But this is Verizon they're not supposed to get congestion !

Device(s)
    iPhones, Moto Series, (many)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    First, all Verizon smartphones are unlocked including for domestic carrier use. If you have some high-end Samsung, Google, or any iPhone the bands you care will work fine. You literally pull out the Verizon SIM, put in the ATT SIM, and enjoy. There's no need to buy new phones.

A lot depends on the phones in question. iPhones tend to be the best for compatibility, but you can check resources like phonescoop.com to look up band support.

So heck yeah, go do ATT if they have better coverage and don't even blink. Verizon isn't going to fix anything-- no carrier really does. If the fix involves even one new tower, and even if they agree they need it, the planning alone will take a couple years. So don't be holding your breath and just move on-- immediately.

Good luck,

-Dan
    ---
    http://pages.uoregon.edu/dalbrich
    Eugene, OR -- Pacific Northwest

Feedback Score
    Probably you are correct. But this is Verizon they're not supposed to get congestion !
    Says who ? They need more spectrum in markets

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    IMHO these congestion problems are caused by unlimited users.
    Exactly and they have far less capacity than the competition. They should have bought more spectrum.

Feedback Score
    OMG it's gone from horrible to unusable in a lot of areas in my county! My family has a farming operation and "I get" the rural-ness factor but it's gotten so so bad even dropping calls left and right. And Verizon just wants to shove off their silly network extenders it's almost like yeah we know our network is crap so buy this! For one they should be just handing these out for free to placate customers. For two these silly things require a good landline connection which we don't even have and 3 what good do these do for the outdoor coverage issues? Seriously I think Verizon is either being willfully ignorant about the problems or they are completely incompetent ! Either way yeah I think we're about to jump ship here. It's really pathetic an expensive carrier like this is doing such a crap service !

Feedback Score
    OMG it's gone from horrible to unusable in a lot of areas in my county! My family has a farming operation and "I get" the rural-ness factor but it's gotten so so bad even dropping calls left and right. And Verizon just wants to shove off their silly network extenders it's almost like yeah we know our network is crap so buy this! For one they should be just handing these out for free to placate customers. For two these silly things require a good landline connection which we don't even have and 3 what good do these do for the outdoor coverage issues? Seriously I think Verizon is either being willfully ignorant about the problems or they are completely incompetent ! Either way yeah I think we're about to jump ship here. It's really pathetic an expensive carrier like this is doing such a crap service !
    Switch to a network who will give you the best service. You deserve the best because you pay for it.

Feedback Score
    If your "very rural" your only other option is probably going to be AT&T. I would try them first, then maybe Sprint.

Feedback Score
    I don't consider it "very" rural even. We are wine country and just barely outside the Portland Metroplex and between there and Salem! Why is it "this" bad in our area that's what I'm trying to understand from the high level. If I go to other neighboring areas my Verizon service is stunningly fast but horrid in my home county so what gives ?

Feedback Score
    I don't consider it "very" rural even. We are wine country and just barely outside the Portland Metroplex and between there and Salem! Why is it "this" bad in our area that's what I'm trying to understand from the high level. If I go to other neighboring areas my Verizon service is stunningly fast but horrid in my home county so what gives ?
    They need to build out a macro site or small cells in your county. How well do the other carriers perform by you ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast