Thread: Simple Mobile IPhone SE On Tracfone?

Feedback Score

Simple Mobile IPhone SE On Tracfone?

Just received Simple Mobile IPhone SE from Walmart. Presently have 5S on Tracfone using Verizon. SM package says "Powered on T Mobile". When entered IMEI to check compatibility on Tracfone Verizon, says not compatible. Thought I saw that someone was able to use their TF sim in one of these. My phone is registered on Tracfone site, but notice they only post phone number on site now. So is there any downsides to using sim from 5S in SE? Will I be able to buy another sim to put in the 5S for my wife? If the SE won't work on TF Verizon, will it work on TF ATT or do you think will have to use T Mobile? Thanks for help. Got a week or so to return to Walmart.

Feedback Score
    Has the simple mobile iphone been
    active on simple mobile ??
    And what is the model number of
    the iPhone ??

Feedback Score
    Never activated, still in box. A1662.

Feedback Score
    SM uses T-Mobile. The phone won't work with Verizon. I know some At&t Gophones work on T-Mobile but not sure about vice versa.

Device(s)
    lg p2 at&t ,iphone 5s verizon
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (att sim)(Verison)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 72dawg View Post
    Just received Simple Mobile IPhone SE from Walmart. Presently have 5S on Tracfone using Verizon. SM package says "Powered on T Mobile". When entered IMEI to check compatibility on Tracfone Verizon, says not compatible. Thought I saw that someone was able to use their TF sim in one of these. My phone is registered on Tracfone site, but notice they only post phone number on site now. So is there any downsides to using sim from 5S in SE? Will I be able to buy another sim to put in the 5S for my wife? If the SE won't work on TF Verizon, will it work on TF ATT or do you think will have to use T Mobile? Thanks for help. Got a week or so to return to Walmart.
    Take the sim from your 5s and try it in the se should work fine if the phone is not lock to gsm, the down side is your 5s is the phone of record on tracfone, the 5s will however be able to be used with the at&t sim with no problem as well as the se

Feedback Score
    Well here's how it turned out. Sayueri was right about not working on Verizon. Moved my sim from 5S and would not work. So then tried to activate with ATT sim. Don't remember verbiage, but would not let me activate over web. Had to go on chat, and was complete in a few minutes. However when rebooted and tried to make call, no work. After 45 minutes or so of another chat finally determined they only brought my text balance over. Rep restored to what I had recorded on 5/31. In summary can activate SM phone on TF on ATT, but as others have said better document your balances before you start.

Feedback Score
    The iPhone SE from Simple Mobile works on at&t network? Would like to use one on cricket