Thread: Verizon a galaxy S6 Edge, turn off LTE and use 3G?

Feedback Score

Verizon a galaxy S6 Edge, turn off LTE and use 3G?

My brother ran over his 22GB deprioritization theshold, he happens to work in a place where LTE is extremely congested on a regular basis, so he couldn’t even listen to audio after 22GB, where he could before.

Is there a way to turn off LTE and op for 3G instead? I usually would do that on my iPhone in that city anyway, even before 22GB, because it’s so congested usually. However he can’t figure out how to use 3G instead

He said he went to settings, mobile networks, preferred network type, and picked CDMA rather than LTE/CDMA, and it didn’t work. Nothing happened. Did Verizon block this functionality? Are there any apps that can do this?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xthelancerx View Post
    My brother ran over his 22GB deprioritization theshold, he happens to work in a place where LTE is extremely congested on a regular basis, so he couldn’t even listen to audio after 22GB, where he could before.

Is there a way to turn off LTE and op for 3G instead? I usually would do that on my iPhone in that city anyway, even before 22GB, because it’s so congested usually. However he can’t figure out how to use 3G instead

He said he went to settings, mobile networks, preferred network type, and picked CDMA rather than LTE/CDMA, and it didn’t work. Nothing happened. Did Verizon block this functionality? Are there any apps that can do this?
    After going to CDMA only try restarting the phone. That might work

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 edge, Note 5, Galaxy Tab S2
    Carrier(s)
    T,T-Mo,VZ.
    Feedback Score
    Download the app called 4G Switch from the Playstore. That should allow manual CDMA > EVDO > LTE Only toggling.

Feedback Score
    I went and investigated myself and his phone actually has no option that doesn’t have LTE.

He is presented with 3 modes in settings: Global, LTE/CDMA, LTE/GSM/UMTS.

Feedback Score
    I went and investigated myself and his phone actually has no option that doesn’t have LTE.

He is presented with 3 modes in settings: Global, LTE/CDMA, LTE/GSM/UMTS.
    Wow. Vzw blocks alot of things. They also block Samsung's service mode.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    Wow. Vzw blocks alot of things. They also block Samsung's service mode.

Yeah it's really annoying. One reason why I hate Android phones, carriers block features and it's just super inconsistent what you're going to get. Months down the line you are going to find out that features are missing or messed with, and it is just so frustrating. Only Android experience I'm even open to is a Nexus (Pixel) one. Or a global/unlocked model straight from the manufacturer.

Feedback Score
    Yeah it's really annoying. One reason why I hate Android phones, carriers block features and it's just super inconsistent what you're going to get. Months down the line you are going to find out that features are missing or messed with, and it is just so frustrating. Only Android experience I'm even open to is a Nexus (Pixel) one. Or a global/unlocked model straight from the manufacturer.
    Vzw is the only one that blocks the Samsung's service mode. It works on Att, Sprint and T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T,T-Mo,VZ.
    Feedback Score
    Verizon probably blocks the hidden menus because their Service Mode firmware allows many more manual network setting changes and network info than the AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint variant. 4G Switcher should do the trick. Works fine on my GS7 edge.

Attachment 151859

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Verizon probably blocks the hidden menus because their Service Mode firmware allows many more manual network setting changes and network info than the AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint variant. 4G Switcher should do the trick. Works fine on my GS7 edge.

Attachment 151859
    You ever use Signal Check pro so you know which band your on?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T,T-Mo,VZ.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    You ever use Signal Check pro so you know which band your on?

Sometimes especially if I am running the app while driving. My S7 was rooted and I have access to Service Mode which I use most of the time. The S7 with it's current baseband version is pretty lame compared to the AT&T and T-Mobile variants imo.

Feedback Score
    Just downloaded 4G switcher on vzw note 5 (6.01). Great app...

Sent from my SM-N920V using HoFo mobile app