Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cricket Groups: 1 Line looking to join long term

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I'm still not sure if I lose my 25.00 referral. I'd rather lose it than not join a group. You come out better to join the group which I plan on doing the day I join Cricket. I already have a family to join where their payment is due end of month and mine will be first of the month.

Will the administrator of the group get my referral credit?

Do these terms sound ok and about what is expected:

I am the administrator of the group and my group is only currently my family. The due date on my plan is 30th. We are a group of 4 and I think the timing should work out. I will take one month deposit and your monthly payment will be $20 for $40 plan. You can leave the group anytime with 1 month notice. I am however, looking hopefully for a stable group with long term commitments. I will accept paypal as gift or Cricket quick pay. The due date for the monthly payment will be 23rd and I will terminate the line if payment is not received. If you don't have your number on Cricket, you will not be able to use Cricket quick pay for this month, but could pay me via paypal for this month and the next month. Please let me know if you'd like to join.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
    Thanks. I'm still not sure if I lose my 25.00 referral. I'd rather lose it than not join a group. You come out better to join the group which I plan on doing the day I join Cricket. I already have a family to join where their payment is due end of month and mine will be first of the month.

Will the administrator of the group get my referral credit?

Do these terms sound ok and about what is expected:

I am the administrator of the group and my group is only currently my family. The due date on my plan is 30th. We are a group of 4 and I think the timing should work out. I will take one month deposit and your monthly payment will be $20 for $40 plan. You can leave the group anytime with 1 month notice. I am however, looking hopefully for a stable group with long term commitments. I will accept paypal as gift or Cricket quick pay. The due date for the monthly payment will be 23rd and I will terminate the line if payment is not received. If you don't have your number on Cricket, you will not be able to use Cricket quick pay for this month, but could pay me via paypal for this month and the next month. Please let me know if you'd like to join.
    Again if he is going to terminate your line ahead of the renewal date, then why does he also need a deposit?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    Again if he is going to terminate your line ahead of the renewal date, then why does he also need a deposit?
    I have no idea. That's why I'm asking. Is this the norm to ask for a deposit?

I'm also curious if I go thru a referral and then immediately join a group, then where does my referral go? Administrator and they keep it? Or should I not bother with the referral?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
    I have no idea. That's why I'm asking. Is this the norm to ask for a deposit?

I'm also curious if I go thru a referral and then immediately join a group, then where does my referral go? Administrator and they keep it? Or should I not bother with the referral?
    I would just ask the guy why he needs a deposit since the due date of your payment is a week prior to the account due date. I mean it is an extra 20 bucks so not the end of the world if you give it to him as a deposit. I'm sure he is honest.

The referral might get lost if it is attached to your email address. When you transfer your number to this other guy's account, the account will be under his email address. I'm not positive that it will be lost, but I also am not holding out hope that it will be retained either

Feedback Score
    A deposit requirement makes sense. If someone doesn't pay an instant replacement ain't happening. But having a month to find a replacement is doable.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude. I fear fascism is here in the US. [fascism: government led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition & criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., & emphasizing an aggressive nationalism & often racism]

AirVoice (AT&T) $20 a month UTnT 50MB
    T-Mobile ToGo Gold Rewards $10/yr exp extension
    Tello (Sprint) Pay As You Go $5 [1+ calls in 6mo Never Expires]

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    A deposit requirement makes sense. If someone doesn't pay an instant replacement ain't happening. But having a month to find a replacement is doable.
    yeah I guess. I didn't see it that way. If I lost a month it's not like I was any worse off than I was before I had the tenants. So it's not as if that person is costing me money. But yeah I can see that if you are really worried about missing a few weeks of super discounted Cricket then you would want a deposit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    yeah I guess. I didn't see it that way. If I lost a month it's not like I was any worse off than I was before I had the tenants. So it's not as if that person is costing me money. But yeah I can see that if you are really worried about missing a few weeks of super discounted Cricket then you would want a deposit.
    And a responsibility to the other members of the circle of 5 to keep their billing at the same rate.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    And a responsibility to the other members of the circle of 5 to keep their billing at the same rate.
    That's a good point. I hadn't looked at it that way. I'd want my admin to be able to pay that month that someone didn't pay so deposit would make sense.

I'm glad that I hear mostly success stories on the groups as it's a bit scary to go into a group and give them your acct info and payments without knowing who they are.

Do people joining groups pay up front before their number has been added to the group? So if a newbie owed 20 deposit and 20 first month bill, do they pay first and get added later? Just curious what the norm is.

Also do most/all admins use your referrals and promo credits on your phone bill? Surely they wouldn't split within the group....but not sure.

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Have one line spot available, long term preferred, deposit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3