Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Sprint Service for 1 year

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Back in 2006-2007 Sprint actually fired thousands of customers, I was one of them.
    What was their reasoning

Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app
    Sent from my windows phone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    What was their reasoning

I was "high maintenance" or something to that effect, I'd been loyal to them for probably 10 years prior, all the trouble started when I moved, they couldn't provision my account for roaming, charged me hundreds in roaming, corrected it, did it again, turned my phone off multiple times because they couldn't overide their computers, I should have just switched to Verizon but they kept sweetening the pot, but couldn't manage to fix my account. Sprint taught me loyalty to a service provider was stupid!

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    What was their reasoning

If I recall correctly, you got the boot if you called CS too much. I'm not sure why the other poster got the axe, but I remember Sprint doing that a few times, most recently just a few years ago. Basically if you had a long standing issue they were too inept to fix, they'd just terminate your service to save the trouble of actually fixing things.

https://www.cnet.com/news/sprint-bre...nce-customers/

I suppose that's fine if you're highly profitable like Verizon and can afford to kick the squeaky wheels, but Sprint definitely hasn't had that luxury in the last decade-plus!

Feedback Score
    What was their reasoning

In the 8 year's following with Verizon, I think I had to call them -once-! get this, even after my Sprint account was cancelled, they kept billing me, even sent a non-existent, out of contract account to outside collections, about a year later they had over $1,300 in collections on my account even though it was zero when I left, paid a lawyer $150 to send them a letter, they fixed it a week later.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if it would have made a difference for customers that used very little data etc or would high calls still trigger it?

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    From what I remember it wasn't based on anything except a lot of calls to CS.

I'm sure if it was some high-value account they'd look the other way, but a single line or small family? I'm sure they'd still just let them go regardless of usage.

Feedback Score
    I wonder if it would have made a difference for customers that used very little data etc or would high calls still trigger it?

Even though my account included roaming, simply sending a text while roaming sent my account into another hemisphere triggering a complete shutdown of my account, they couldn't even explain it, or fix it. They even had the Sprint CEO call me, assuring me it wouldn't happen again, it did like a week later at the airport, I was done at that point anyway.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    If I recall correctly, you got the boot if you called CS too much. I'm not sure why the other poster got the axe, but I remember Sprint doing that a few times, most recently just a few years ago. Basically if you had a long standing issue they were too inept to fix, they'd just terminate your service to save the trouble of actually fixing things.

https://www.cnet.com/news/sprint-bre...nce-customers/

I suppose that's fine if you're highly profitable like Verizon and can afford to kick the squeaky wheels, but Sprint definitely hasn't had that luxury in the last decade-plus!
    Oh yes, I remember it well.

Feedback Score
    Here we are a decade later , Sprint's position speaks for itself. Now they'd probably love "high maintenance" customers for a $20 bill.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Other than network my biggest sprint complaint is they make it a pain to bring your own phone, even a sprint phone.

I bought an LG volt from sprint used it on their prepaid for a while and they still wouldn't activate it on their postpaid. That may have changed recently but they were a pain

Feedback Score
    Other than network my biggest sprint complaint is they make it a pain to bring your own phone, even a sprint phone.

Terrible leadership, they haven't recovered from the Nextel takeover fail. They turned Nextel (lowest churn in the industry) to customers fleeing by the millions.

Feedback Score
    While Verizon was expanding coverage like crazy, adding millions of customers (beating at&t even when they were iPhone exclusive) Sprint was firing customers.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Other than network my biggest sprint complaint is they make it a pain to bring your own phone, even a sprint phone.HoFo mobile app
    This is a problem for them. Also, I'm not sure why they discriminate between their different prepaid and postpaid services. If you have a Sprint-compatible phone (Virgin, Boost, or Sprint), they should allow you to use it. None of this FED-check ********. If someone wants to give them money for service on a phone, they should take it rather than insist you use the phone on Virgin or Boost for 12 months.

For SIM unlocks I totally understand, or activating on an MVNO, but why does it matter WHICH Sprint-owned service you use when you have one of their phones? Does it matter to them what brand you give the money to? It's all going to the same place!

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    This is a problem for them. Also, I'm not sure why they discriminate between their different prepaid and postpaid services. If you have a Sprint-compatible phone (Virgin, Boost, or Sprint), they should allow you to use it. None of this FED-check ********. If someone wants to give them money for service on a phone, they should take it rather than insist you use the phone on Virgin or Boost for 12 months.

For SIM unlocks I totally understand, or activating on an MVNO, but why does it matter WHICH Sprint-owned service you use when you have one of their phones? Does it matter to them what brand you give the money to? It's all going to the same place!
    I was willing to pay $60 a month plus an activation fee at the time but they still wouldn't budge. With the way sprint is a T-Mobile sprint deal makes me cautious the more I think about it

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    I am totally against the Sprint/T-Mo deal myself. I thought it was a good idea at first, and it might still be if T-Mobile essentially assimilates Sprint into their network.

But if they go the way of this all-stock deal? Hell, no. Too many ex-Sprint people will be involved with the new company and will drag T-Mo down into the mud with them. T-Mo needs Sprint a lot less than Sprint needs T-Mo. I say leave 4 competitors and if Sprint ends up failing, they have no one but themselves to blame. Or they could get their **** together, quick, and make up for their past shortcomings.

This free year offer would have helped do that, so of course it was discontinued almost immediately. They just "can't get right".

Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 ... LastLast