Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast

Thread: Free Sprint Service for 1 year

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well it looks like the end of the road for me. I was on the BYOD 1 YR free plan, got my G4 Play swapped for a Moto E4 and all of a sudden the plan was removed. I ask CS why and they said since I swapped phones the plan promo was removed. If true, be careful about swapping phones as you may end up like me.
    Home Entertainment: Comcast Extreme 250 internet(Xfinity XB3 Arris TG1682G 24x8 Docsis 3.0 modem, IPv6 enabled), Xfinity Digital Preferred TV(Tivo Bolt(Main DVR)/Pace Next Gen XGv2(X1) Non-DVR), Xfinity Voice EMTA XB3 with Voice Unlimited.

Device(s)
    Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Have you ported out yet, any issues or charges? Free is nice but to use a line there are to many pain points dealing with Sprint.
    Paul Thurrott:
    Not now mom, somebody's wrong on the Internet

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicpdx17 View Post
    Well it looks like the end of the road for me. I was on the BYOD 1 YR free plan, got my G4 Play swapped for a Moto E4 and all of a sudden the plan was removed. I ask CS why and they said since I swapped phones the plan promo was removed. If true, be careful about swapping phones as you may end up like me.
    This is incorrect information. The rules explicitly permit swapping phones, including with Sprint devices.

You should call back until someone either restores the plan or submits a trouble ticket.

I personally have swapped phones twice already on two of my five lines - no issues.

If I had to guess, some uninformed rep changed your plan when they weren't supposed to. Not surprised, but also not common. I once had to file an FCC complaint for Verizon to give back a grandfathered plan, despite notes on the account clearly stating (from two supervisors) the plan was removed in error.

Since this is an active plan, you should have less trouble... emphasis on the word should.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Feedback Score
    I still can't believe how poorly Sprint has managed this deal. The cost savings are supposed to come from self-activation, yet in 99% of cases you're forced to call customer service and spend 30min-1hr setting up an account. That costs money and eats into the supposed "acquisition cost" savings. Exactly 1 year from now, there will be a massive number of port-outs if they can't hook these customers into a lease/finance deal.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    I still can't believe how poorly Sprint has managed this deal. The cost savings are supposed to come from self-activation, yet in 99% of cases you're forced to call customer service and spend 30min-1hr setting up an account.......
    I think the "deal" was targeted at Verizon customers with unlocked phones because their situation would be least complicated. A bunch of other folks (e.g. me) heard about it and hopped on, bringing complications. My complication seems to be the status of our Nexus 5x before it was returned to Google, refurbished and sent to me as a warranty exchange.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, Nexus 5X
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I think the "deal" was targeted at Verizon customers with unlocked phones because their situation would be least complicated. A bunch of other folks (e.g. me) heard about it and hopped on, bringing complications. My complication seems to be the status of our Nexus 5x before it was returned to Google, refurbished and sent to me as a warranty exchange.
    The Nexus 5X and 6P seem to have been an issue for a lot of people, and has nothing to do with yours being a warranty exchange. I was going to set up two lines, one on either my 6P or 5X and I couldn't get either phone to work. I ended up porting one line over (on another phone), and I'm not sure I'm going to last the year with this free service. I've just had too many annoying issues with the service.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Is there a way to escalate my issue? I tried the 703-433-4401 number but it always says the office is closed.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    From a technical standpoint, you may be correct - as Verizon was required to SIM unlock their phones per the Block C CFR.

However, Sprint marketing has targeted Verizon. Hiring the Verizon guy as Sprint's new spokesperson, and finding a study that argues Sprint's coverage is "within 1% of Verizon" - a dubious claim based on population - underscores why they are targeting Verizon.

In either case, AT&T and T-Mobile both have reasonable unlocking policies today, if that was the roadblock Sprint would arm their stores with express processes for requesting unlocks from AT&T/T-Mobile, similar to porting out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    This is incorrect information. The rules explicitly permit swapping phones, including with Sprint devices.

You should call back until someone either restores the plan or submits a trouble ticket.

I personally have swapped phones twice already on two of my five lines - no issues.

If I had to guess, some uninformed rep changed your plan when they weren't supposed to. Not surprised, but also not common. I once had to file an FCC complaint for Verizon to give back a grandfathered plan, despite notes on the account clearly stating (from two supervisors) the plan was removed in error.

Since this is an active plan, you should have less trouble... emphasis on the word should.
    Same here, swapped from an iPhone to a Galaxy S8 Unlocked and the plan is still active in my account.

Curiously, though, my phone is detected as a ZTE "Fury" rather than an S8. Hmmm.....

Name:  sprint.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  48.0 KB

-Collin-

Feedback Score
    Why do so many people misunderstand Sprints 1% statement. Sprint said their network RELIABILITY is within 1% of Verizon's. Sprint never said their COVERAGE or SPEEDS were within 1%.
    Man, I have seen so many people talk out of their butts about Sprint claiming their coverage is within 1% of Verizon when Sprint never said that!!!

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    Why do so many people misunderstand Sprints 1% statement. Sprint said their network RELIABILITY is within 1% of Verizon's. Sprint never said their COVERAGE or SPEEDS were within 1%.
    Man, I have seen so many people talk out of their butts about Sprint claiming their coverage is within 1% of Verizon when Sprint never said that!!!
    It's not misunderstanding, it's fundamental disagreement. For most consumers, reliability is a fusion/synthesis of speed and coverage.

Feedback Score
    Reliability includes speed and coverage...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus

Verizon LTE B4+B2

AT&T LTE B2+B17

Feedback Score
    For you people that ASSUME reliability means coverage.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/reliability?s=t

I interpret that to mean that their network reliability (up time, ability to use the network) is almost as good as Verizon's where Sprint has coverage.

Look, I know Sprint was real sneaky to use the word RELIABILITY. But they never said coverage or speed and only some people are incorrectly defining it that way.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Look, I know Sprint was real sneaky to use the word RELIABILITY. But they never said coverage or speed and only some people are incorrectly defining it that way.
    Same person. Same thread. Same page. Really?

You just literally made two diametrically opposing arguments - within minutes of one another. We are all hypocrites. It's human. People get into trouble when the level of hypocrisy simply stuns other humans.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Free Sprint Service for 1 year

I'm a Verizon customer who ported in 3 lines. The online activation didn't work. I had to call in. It took countless calls and close to 4 1/2 hours to complete the process. Absolutely the worst customer service experience I have ever experienced with any company. It definitely wasn't a good first impression. Now we are rolling and my wife and 2 adult kids are constantly complaining about how bad the service is. We are in a major metro area. I'm trying to hang in there for the free service but....Vzw is now offering me to $600 to come back. Awfully tempting. Decisions.

Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast