Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Sprint Service for 1 year

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Doesn't matter when testing the page. It re-routed before any info could be put in.

Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app
    Sent from my windows phone

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Where did it ever say at&t and T-Mobile were included?
    Nevermind

Last edited by wilbur101; 06-12-2017 at 03:17 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    You missed my point. The point was, most people won't have just bought an iPhone 7 only 2 months ago -- most will have bought it between 6 and 9 months ago (when it was first released or for Christmas). And others won't have an iPhone 7, they'll have an iPhone 6S, or an SE. And others won't qualify at all, since they own a Samsung, LG, or HTC phone. The other difference is that this only applies to Verizon; which reports have indicated T-Mobile has had a hard time stealing customers from Verizon.

So, in a comparison, my guess is T-Mobile will likely pay about $400, on average, for the phones they pay off. If they didn't have the requirement that people had made two months of payments on a phone, I'm sure it would be higher, but that isn't allowed, and the promotion is unlikely to last two months. From what I know of the industry, a couple of years ago it cost carriers roughly $400 to attract a new customer -- in a combination of ads, promotions, etc. I'm guessing that number is higher today, as there are less people who don't have mobile service to attract; and also as the various carriers have become more aggressive in their promos. I suspect T-Mobile will claim the money they pay to attract customers from Verizon is worth it, and within the norms of what it costs to attract new customers.

Now, you do have a point about Sprint not paying out cash, and that has some merit. OTOH, the issue Sprint could run into is that it could kill their ARPU (Average Return Per Unit) -- making their quarterly reports look even worse. I actually think this is worse, as their ARPU would remain low for the year. By contrast, for T-Mobile it would be a one time hit on their Q2 numbers (with some possibly in Q3) that would likely be labeled as "Promotions" or included in "Advertising." The other issue, and why I see Sprint as looking more desperate, is that giving their service away free devalues their brand -- as in there service is so poor they have to give it away.

And I can't agree, though I suppose it is up for debate. In Sprint's case, they are giving up to three lines free for over a year -- and you can (and could) sign up for it for at least a year (from what I recall of this promotion. By contrast, T-Mobile has twice offered a single free line, for those who have or sign up for their flagship plan, and each time the promotion lasted for a weekend (a long weekend). Of course, the difference with T-Mobile is that the line remains free so long as you don't make changes to your plan, it doesn't expire in a year.

The rest of this is meaningless for our conversation, in fact much of it appears to be a strawman. Personally, I hope both companies continue to be "desperate," as it tends to provide all of us better cell service at lower prices.
    You can't say most won't of bought within 2 months, it's impossible to tell who will or won't take advantage of the promotion tmobile offers. Most people I've seen talk about it have said they are going to have tmobile pay off their device and port back to Verizon, is this indicative of the average person who takes part of the promotion? Who knows. Without actual facts showing who took advantage of it it's impossible to say. As for tmobiles free line promo looking as "desperate" as sprints 5 for 90 you made my argument for me, as you said giving away free service devalues the brand. This applies to all 4 carriers, you just can't say well, it devalues sprint but tmobile it doesn't at all. Doesn't work that way. Lastly the strawman argument claim, I'll leave that part at this since it is irrelevant to our conversation, it's no coincidence that the majority of people here bashing this and calling it desperate are also known, I'll call them overly enthusiastic tmobile users. I'll leave it at that. For the rest I agree, consumers should want desperate corporations.

In regards to this promo, I have a moto g5 plus I don't really use, if this promo actually is real and they actually offer it it may be worth it to use the g5 plus and get a second line open on Verizon then port it over to sprint for this promo. Verizon would charge me a prorated months worth of service but, it would be worth that. Haven't personally used sprint in years, so it would be nice to have a device to compare sprint service to my Verizon and tmobile lines. Very interesting......
    Last edited by zeus4509; 06-12-2017 at 03:41 PM.

Feedback Score
    "just people I've seen talk about it"...HF posters are the tiny minority.

Device(s)
    IPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It seems to be working now. I tried my phone (iPhone 6 with ATT) and it said I was eligible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    "just people I've seen talk about it"...HF posters are the tiny minority.
    I agree they are, they also are not the only people I've seen react to the tmobile/Verizon promotion.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elrod View Post
    It seems to be working now. I tried my phone (iPhone 6 with ATT) and it said I was eligible.
    It is working, I just placed my order now.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Only sprint phone I have is a volt and it's not eligible and my other phones aren't compatible

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    #1 reason I use an iPhone. It's universal, I can jump ship to whatever carrier I want whenever I want!

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah thats a nice feature to have

Feedback Score

Free Sprint Service for 1 year

Whats the cheapest way to take advantage of this plan? I see new iPhone 5s around for $99. Also SIM is $12.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    Whats the cheapest way to take advantage of this plan? I see new iPhone 5s around for $99. Also SIM is $12.
    For new pricing yea the 5s would likely be the cheapest option, you may be able to find a 5c or nexus 5 cheaper used. Just remember the 5s doesn't support band 41, the cheapest one new I can see that they allow that does support band 41 would be the g4 play. Best buy sells the 16gb g4 play for 139 I believe. You can find it cheaper sometimes at places like target, eBay, Amazon, I've even seen best buy lower the price on them to around 99 bucks before. It's a decent little device also.

Feedback Score
    Ok this sounds to good to be true whats the catch Thanks

Feedback Score
    Here is the fine print at the bottom of the page:
    Offer ends 6/30/17. Credit approval req. Req. AutoPay, eBill, and port-in from postpaid carrier. 1 year free Unlimited Offer: Eligible device must be unlocked and compatible with Sprint SIM card and network. Reqs. SIM card purchase ($2.99 + $10 S&H + tax). SIM must be activated prior to port-in. No device upgrade allowed during first 120 days. Phone features and network experience may vary based on original device carrier. Excl. ports made between Sprint or related entities. Unlimited — Bring Your Phone Plan: Incl. unlimited domestic Long Distance calling, texting & data & 10GB of high-speed Mobile Hotspot, VPN & P2P. Third-party content/downloads are add’l. charge. Sel. non-premium int’l. svc. incl. See sprint.com/globalroaming. Max. 5 lines. Plan not avail. for tablets/MBB devices. After 7/31/18, plan will become Unlimited Freedom. Add a Line: Add a line at any time up to the max. number of lines & get promotional pricing until 7/31/2018. AutoPay: $5/mo. discount req. continued AutoPay enrollment. Quality of Svc. (QoS): Customers who use more than 23GB of data during a billing cycle will be deprioritized during times & places where the Sprint network is constrained. See sprint.com/networkmanagement for details. Usage Limitations: To improve data experience for the majority of users, throughput may be limited, varied or reduced on the network. Sprint may terminate svc. if off-network roaming usage in a mo. exceeds: (1) 800 min. or a majority of min.; or (2) 100MB or a majority of KB. Prohibited network use rules apply—see sprint.com/termsandconditions. Other Terms: Offer/coverage not avail. everywhere or for all phones/networks. May not be combinable with other offers. Restrictions apply. See store or sprint.com for details. © 2017 Sprint.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Lumia 640
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zoranz View Post
    Ok this sounds to good to be true whats the catch Thanks
    This is what I keep asking myself and, at least to this point, I'm not finding it. Sprint is saying it is contract free -- and everything I can find in the ToS appears to support that, that you can quit at any time and just walk away.

The first downside I see is that it isn't completely free; you still have to pay some line charges, taxes and fees -- it is unclear exactly what you'll have to pay but it appears to be between $10 and $20 monthly, at least from what I'm seeing. I'd be interested if someone gets better information on the taxes. Additionally, you must enroll in AutoPay; while that shouldn't be an issue, I'd likely be sure to have enough of a balance on whatever card, just in case they "forget" I'm on a "free" plan and charge me for the service. You also can't buy a new phone as an "upgrade," buy/lease a phone on a monthly plan, until October 1.

I'd be interested if people have found other issues or terms with this plan.

Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast