Page 71 of 81 FirstFirst ... 21 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1211

Thread: Free Sprint Service for 1 year

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, Moto G4
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket & Sprint (free 1yr)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceBK View Post
    Can someone tell me the difference between the Sprint 1 year free service and the service offered from Virgin Mobile Inner Circle?
    Sprint -- postpaid service (hard credit check), monthly taxes/fees vary by area ($3-$4 for most people unless you live in high tax area), 10gb hotspot data, you can use iPhone or Android, you're eligible for phone upgrade after 120 days of service

VM -- prepaid service (no credit check), now its $1/mo plus tax for 6 months (before it was $1 for 1yr), no hotspot, iPhones only

I went with Sprint since I had an existing Moto G4 and wanted the 10gb hotspot

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Lumia 640
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JaTaN View Post
    Sprint -- postpaid service (hard credit check), monthly taxes/fees vary by area ($3-$4 for most people unless you live in high tax area), 10gb hotspot data, you can use iPhone or Android, you're eligible for phone upgrade after 120 days of service

VM -- prepaid service (no credit check), now its $1/mo plus tax for 6 months (before it was $1 for 1yr), no hotspot, iPhones only

I went with Sprint since I had an existing Moto G4 and wanted the 10gb hotspot
    Also, with the Sprint plan you get some data roaming, with VM you only have Voice roaming and not necessarily everywhere the Sprint plan will have roaming.

Feedback Score
    I have the virgin mobile inner circle for a year but I'm tempted to cancel it and go with Sprint.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, Moto G4
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceBK View Post
    I have the virgin mobile inner circle for a year but I'm tempted to cancel it and go with Sprint.
    I would just keep it unless you really need hotspot -- you would have to port out to a non-Sprint carrier and then port again to Sprint

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JaTaN View Post
    Doesn't matter -- you can port from any carrier that isn't Sprint-based

Go to www.sprint.com/1yearfree -- click on "get started" then enter your IMEI & phone number and it'll tell you that your number qualifies

You can buy SIM & service online from there or you can get a SIM card locally and call the special activation number to sign up 866-782-8777
    If I start the process online, can I still grab a sim locally and finish the activation process online instead of waiting for the sim in the mail? Or is that a local sim can only be set up through telesales?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, Moto G4
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nardva View Post
    If I start the process online, can I still grab a sim locally and finish the activation process online instead of waiting for the sim in the mail? Or is that a local sim can only be set up through telesales?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using HoFo mobile app
    Don't know -- didn't order online and never had Sprint before so not sure what they ask for during the online order activation

My guess would be that it'll activate the SIM that they sent out -- someone else will have to confirm

If you're paying for online SIM+shipping then I would just use that ("Order by 2 p.m. ET Mon-Fri, get it the next business day") -- online ordering might delay $5 auto pay discount ("AutoPay discount applied w/in 2 invoices") so your 1st bill will probably be $5+taxes/fees

If you're getting a SIM locally then just sign up over the phone to save money -- mine was setup correctly over the phone so I got auto pay discount right away (1st bill was $3.61 for taxes/fees)

Device(s)
    HP Veer
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Fits You Best
    Feedback Score
    Is the offer for sure good until the end of the month? I ordered a phone but it's not going to ship until the 19th. Should I get the 3 SIM kit locally and activate with an iPhone IMEI just in case?
    More Bars in More Places.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, Moto G4
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joako View Post
    Is the offer for sure good until the end of the month? I ordered a phone but it's not going to ship until the 19th. Should I get the 3 SIM kit locally and activate with an iPhone IMEI just in case?
    No one knows for sure

Feedback Score
    As noted, there is absolutely no guarantee it will continue until month end. It might, or it might end about (or prior to) the time Sprint and TMobile make earnings announcements around the 23rd of October, as one example. Or at any other time once a target had been met, or whatever.

I would definitely do what you can to get an order, and preferable an actual activation, into the system now, such as what you suggest.

You can swap the phone later at any time at no cost through technical support chat.

Device(s)
    HP Veer
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Fits You Best
    Feedback Score
    Do I need to put the SIM In the phone and power it on? They told me to register on sprint.com but when I try it says the phone's not active.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Do I need to put the SIM In the phone and power it on? They told me to register on sprint.com but when I try it says the phone's not active.
    Just use the special activation number to sign up 866-782-8777.

Device(s)
    HP Veer
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Fits You Best
    Feedback Score
    That's what I did. They got all my info, ran my credit, started the porting, and told me to go to sprint.com/activate to finish the process but I can't register and get an error: Device is not active or cancelled

Feedback Score
    That's what I did. They got all my info, ran my credit, started the porting, and told me to go to sprint.com/activate to finish the process but I can't register and get an error: Device is not active or cancelled
    Go to tech support chat on the web site and they will help. I think they close at 9 pm though.

Feedback Score
    I had a device previously on tello, which was originally a postpaid sprint device. I tried to swap that device onto an existing sprint account and it would not let me. I figured the device was still listed as pre-paid(PLBL) and so I asked tello to change it back to SPCS. This was done with tello chat, and things seemed to go easily enough and I was told it could take up to 48hrs. Soon after I got an email from tello saying: "we require written instruction from a Sprint representative, on Sprint headed paper as proof that they are sending this request to Tello"

Is there some other way to get the device switched back to SPCS ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    I had a device previously on tello, which was originally a postpaid sprint device. I tried to swap that device onto an existing sprint account and it would not let me. I figured the device was still listed as pre-paid(PLBL) and so I asked tello to change it back to SPCS. This was done with tello chat, and things seemed to go easily enough and I was told it could take up to 48hrs. Soon after I got an email from tello saying: "we require written instruction from a Sprint representative, on Sprint headed paper as proof that they are sending this request to Tello"

Is there some other way to get the device switched back to SPCS ?
    Yes just send the IMEI to LiterallyUnlimited on Reddit or SlickDeals.

See https://slickdeals.net/f/10235008-on...#post105230664

Page 71 of 81 FirstFirst ... 21 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 LastLast