Page 70 of 73 FirstFirst ... 20 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1090

Thread: Free Sprint Service for 1 year

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    They base everything on the IMEI, not on the sim, so it will not work.

However 10 GB per month of tethering/hotspot in included.
    Aww bummer, oh well. I was thinking of getting it as a secondary sim to my ATT account, and when not in use popping it into my iPad. Guess that idea is out.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bella94128 View Post
    Aww bummer, oh well. I was thinking of getting it as a secondary sim to my ATT account, and when not in use popping it into my iPad. Guess that idea is out.
    For what purpose? More monthly data? Or because you frequent a lot of areas where Sprint coverage is superior to AT&T?

If it's just to supplement your AT&T data plan, it will work as long as you carry both devices at the same time and your phone has a wifi tethering ability, which is the vast majority of phones now. The Sprint SIM card would be paired to the IMEI in your phone for use on the Sprint network. In that case, you could swap sim cards in your unlocked phone between Sprint and AT&T. You just can't swap a single Sprint sim card from one device to another and use the same Sprint sim/phone number in multiple devices.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    How about Reset Cellular Data.
    You mean turn it off and back on with the phone setting? Contacted Sprint but they were no help http://howardforums.com/showthread.php/1901373

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HFUN View Post
    You mean turn it off and back on with the phone setting? Contacted Sprint but they were no help http://howardforums.com/showthread.php/1901373
    No it is a menu item in the upper right hand corner (if it is Android) under
    Settings/General/Activate-This-Device/menu icon in top right hand corner/Reset-Cellular-Data

It just does a more thorough network reset by reinitializing provisioning.

It often helps connection type problems but I do not know if it would help for a roaming issue - just something to try.

Other than that, I suppose there might be some sort of problem with their roaming arrangements at that location, or possibly in the way that phone handles roaming. Or the phone might lack the best bands used by the partner carrier.

Feedback Score
    Its VZW roaming. Is there a way to look up which bands VZW uses in this area so I can see if the phone supports them?

Carrier(s)
    Cricket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HFUN View Post
    Its VZW roaming. Is there a way to look up which bands VZW uses in this area so I can see if the phone supports them?
    On Iphone you have to enter *3001#12345#* in the phone and call that number.

On android you can use a application called lte connectivity to see the different lte bands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    In case this is helpful to anyone, my account currently shows me as upgrade eligible on the free plan. I signed up in July so I seem to have gotten the Oct 1 upgrade date.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by desimone22 View Post
    In case this is helpful to anyone, my account currently shows me as upgrade eligible on the free plan. I signed up in July so I seem to have gotten the Oct 1 upgrade date.

I checked and it shows I'm now eligible to. What is it with this company and leasing? The only phone I can purchase outright is the new iPhone for $999. I was hoping when eligible I could go into the store and score the LG G5 bought outright for $130. They were also selling the V20 for $270 outright but that's still a little rich with that phone now going unlocked for around the same price. If you don't take the update on the V20 you can root it and remove all the bloat. That was my game plan for this free plan but I ended up scoring an unlocked s8+ for $400. I'm still regretting it because I generally don't spend that much on any device.

The LG G5 for $130 in my opinion is still a good deal. If only that crappy LCD screen didn't have the burn in issue. Anyone know of any other buy outright deals other than the G5 or V20 from Sprint? Also assuming someone in store would see we're eligible as well... I'd only lease a phone if I could do it for say....8 months

OLED 4 Life! The Madness!

- Unlocked S8+ (Sprint 1 year free service!)
    - AT&T ZTE Mobley

Ultimate Sprint hater returns for free service. Who woulda thought? Cricket....see you again in 12 months!
    Super Cookie tastes good Verizon users? Chocolate chip or sugar?

Feedback Score
    I got one of these lines in July. Is it still possible to transfer lines to Sprint and is it Verizon only or can you transfer ATT?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You can port in from basically any network that's not Sprint or a Sprint MVNO. If you add a line to your existing plan, it will only be free for the same amount of time as your first line, which would be free until 7/31/2018. If you port in fresh and start a whole additional separate Sprint account, the line you port in now will be free until 10/31/2018. The latter option may require a new credit check.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Feedback Score
    I almost signed up for this but then I saw the fine print “requires port-in from postpaid carrier.” Since I’m currently using prepaid service I shall have to pass.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    I almost signed up for this but then I saw the fine print “requires port-in from postpaid carrier.” Since I’m currently using prepaid service I shall have to pass.
    You can ignore that. That is just leftover wording from the original idea which was to target Verizon customers in the original publicity campaign (you will also see references to Verizon on the page).

You can port from anything except a Sprint mvno or division. Hundreds of people on the Slick Deals thread are porting predominantly from Prepaid and voip carriers including TMobile Prepaid, AT&T Prepaid, Red Pocket, FreedomPop etc.. I have ported from three different prepaid or voip carriers. The staff are fully aware of the carrier every time - they have to be to do the port-in - and it is never a problem. The telesales staff at 866-782-8777 is confirming to anyone who asks that prepaid carriers are fine - you can call and confirm if you want and they can check your phone's eligibility at the same time.

It will also in actuality take (almost) any free and clear Sprint postpaid phone that you already own as well as the Verizon etc. ones listed explicitly. (There is a fixable hiccup if the phone is a postpaid model but has since been been on an mvno. Boost and other Sprint prepaid phones are mostly not eligible, with a few exceptions).
    Last edited by comintel; 10-10-2017 at 03:51 AM.

Device(s)
    Moto G4, Moto E4, BLU R1
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket & Sprint (free 1yr)
    Feedback Score
    Doesn't matter -- you can port from any carrier that isn't Sprint-based

Go to www.sprint.com/1yearfree -- click on "get started" then enter your IMEI & phone number and it'll tell you that your number qualifies

You can buy SIM & service online from there or you can get a SIM card locally and call the special activation number to sign up 866-782-8777

Feedback Score
    I ported 5 lines from cricket to sprint successfully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Can someone tell me the difference between the Sprint 1 year free service and the service offered from Virgin Mobile Inner Circle?

Page 70 of 73 FirstFirst ... 20 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 LastLast