Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1270

Thread: Free Sprint Service for 1 year

Device(s)
    various tracfones
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I think I got into my account and reset my pin to something I know now. Will try tomorrow to see if that works.

forgot to say thanks Comintel you are a wealth of helpful information. I am going to make sure I know pin numbers on phone accounts from now on. I have recorded pin number that we used to sit up sprint account. last and only time I transferred a number was several years ago.
    Last edited by Soyjim; 12-30-2017 at 04:34 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Soyjim View Post
    I think I got into my account and reset my pin to something I know now. Will try tomorrow to see if that works.

forgot to say thanks Comintel you are a wealth of helpful information. I am going to make sure I know pin numbers on phone accounts from now on. I have recorded pin number that we used to sit up sprint account. last and only time I transferred a number was several years ago.
    That's good that you are bearing up. I know it can be a nightmare and I myself questioned whether it was worth all the trouble when originally settiing up my Sprint account. In my case I had problems with accessing my credit info. Sometimes the identity questions have wrong expected answers. I actually had to guess the wrong answers it was looking for to confirm my identity. That was touch and go.

By the way they try very hard to sell you device damage protection insurance. I succeeded in decllining all 3 times but many people give in and if you do give in just call customer service afterward and cancel it. I just tell them now that if they do put it on I am going to call right back and cancel it immediately afterward. That seems to stop them.

Also they usually want to send you a "free" laptop (which is not really free) which you should also decline.

By the way, porting pin is probably not the same thing as account access pin - as I am sure you know.
    Last edited by comintel; 12-30-2017 at 09:12 AM.

Feedback Score

I too had a hard fight with a short stick. Thanks to Comintel I got it done. I had to call Sprint's porting department to complete the port from ATT Gophone. The store gave me the number 877-345-7906. The Sprint person was very helpful and contacted ATT porting dept and conferenced us together. That got it done in minutes.

Device(s)
    various tracfones
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    That's good that you are bearing up. I know it can be a nightmare and I myself questioned whether it was worth all the trouble when originally settiing up my Sprint account. In my case I had problems with accessing my credit info. Sometimes the identity questions have wrong expected answers. I actually had to guess the wrong answers it was looking for to confirm my identity. That was touch and go.

By the way they try very hard to sell you device damage protection insurance. I succeeded in decllining all 3 times but many people give in and if you do give in just call customer service afterward and cancel it. I just tell them now that if they do put it on I am going to call right back and cancel it immediately afterward. That seems to stop them.

Also they usually want to send you a "free" laptop (which is not really free) which you should also decline.

By the way, porting pin is probably not the same thing as account access pin - as I am sure you know.
    Based on that last line above I went in and changed the pin to the last 4 digits of phone number. I think I remember using that when tracfone agent suggested it. I think I am learning about telephone pins. Wonder how long I should wait to call back to finish up my Sprint sit up. It may take a while for tracfone computers to update my changed sim, and I would like to have a phone for a training class tomorrow.

The last agent I talked to today (Dec 30) told me not to worry about time because the free offer was extended, and that they had my account sit up, but needed correct info to transfer tracfone number out.

Feedback Score
    Based on that last line above I went in and changed the pin to the last 4 digits of phone number. I think I remember using that when tracfone agent suggested it. I think I am learning about telephone pins. Wonder how long I should wait to call back to finish up my Sprint sit up. It may take a while for tracfone computers to update my changed sim, and I would like to have a phone for a training class tomorrow.

The last agent I talked to today (Dec 30) told me not to worry about time because the free offer was extended, and that they had my account sit up, but needed correct info to transfer tracfone number out.
    I would not wait. You can try calling the porting dept. directly, at least if the port is initiated. They should be most skilled at porting aspects. I am not sure if it is fully in their hands or not but I suspect they may be able to work on it. Often they told me to call the porting dept directly anyway. It is listed publicly and customers are welcome to call it with porting issues. I would try to get it sorted out today. There is probably more than one way to solve the pin issue. I think the porting dept. should help you resolve it quickly.

Device(s)
    various tracfones
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I went thru the Quezon city gang and got my hopefully free 1 year Sprint unlimited plan sit up. Will certainly be looking at my credit card account to verify the bill. One agent told me that they were told today that the free program would be continuing.

my old tracfone account has a new number and the minutes showed up in tracfones app, but the phones not yet working. I am going to follow Scarlet O'hara's plan and think about that tomorrow.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Lumia 640, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I went thru the Quezon city gang and got my hopefully free 1 year Sprint unlimited plan sit up. Will certainly be looking at my credit card account to verify the bill. One agent told me that they were told today that the free program would be continuing.

my old tracfone account has a new number and the minutes showed up in tracfones app, but the phones not yet working. I am going to follow Scarlet O'hara's plan and think about that tomorrow.
    The fine print, last I looked, said that the program will end on Jan 31 -- we'll see if it does end then or gets extended yet again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    The fine print, last I looked, said that the program will end on Jan 31 -- we'll see if it does end then or gets extended yet again.
    It says that the last date of free service for those enroling now is Jan. 31 2019.

That arguably hinted that the last date to enrol might be extended to Jan. 31 2018, but did not commit to that. As a matter of fact it was reported that the last date to enrol had been listed internally until today as Dec. 31, 2017.

So is very useful to hear from Soyjim that the last enrolment date has now been confirmed as extended through January.

Device(s)
    various tracfones
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    It says that the last date of free service for those enroling now is Jan. 31 2019.

That arguably hinted that the last date to enrol might be extended to Jan. 31 2018, but did not commit to that. As a matter of fact it was reported that the last date to enrol had been listed internally until today as Dec. 31, 2017.

So is very useful to hear from Soyjim that the last enrolment date has now been confirmed as extended through January.
    I do not remember exactly what the agent said beyoud it was reported to them that the program was extended and I had plenty of time to get my account set up. I went ahead and followed comintels advice to get it done, cause he is COMINTEL!

Device(s)
    various tracfones
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Have sprint service on phone

My tracfone number transferred over very quickly. Certainly less than an hour and it was possible that it happened before I got off the phone to Quezon city Philippines. I had to figure out how to get the sim card in the new phone. Wanted to make sure I did it right and not damage the tiny thing. Tracfone has assigned a new telephone number to old phone but Tracfone has to do something to get it working. They say if not working in 24 hours from last call, call chat again, or call the special resolution people with the pin number they gave me.

The new sprint service is working. Is the information I need to transfer the number out of sprint, the account number and pin I set up and was using to communicate with Sprint support people on the phone? When sitting up the pin there was also a question and answer sit up if I forgot the pin. Is there a way to go online to make sure my account is set up correctly so that the Credit card I gave them is billed?

There was something in the agreement about not using roaming off sprint more than a certain percentage of time, how would I know when I am roaming off sprint? My house is supposed to be in a location that would only experience a low quantity of poor or dropped calls and has sprint service.

Feedback Score
    It apppears that yes you use the regular Sprint account number and password to port out.
    You can access your account online at
    https://www.sprint.com/en/login.html
    I think I had to register first time. Also it takes a day or two to be available.
    The phone will show a Roaming indicator if you roam. It is very unlikely to occur. Really what they are concerned about is using the phone in an area with no Sprint service for weeks or months.

Feedback Score
    I got the "free" line in late December with an old iPhone 5c. It's up and running, but that phone is flaky. I just bought a used Sprint branded Galaxy S6 that is "clean" and unlocked. I've got a T-Mobile SIM working in it now. Since the BYOD check is still on the Sprint website, I entered it's IMEI and another phone number, but it says that device is not eligible. Can I either (still) add a second line or switch the S6 in for the flaky iPhone? If so, what is the best way to do it in order to make sure I don't lose the one free line. My account was approved for up to 5 lines when set up.

Thanks guys!

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, Moto G4
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket & Sprint (free 1yr)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drooper View Post
    I got the "free" line in late December with an old iPhone 5c. It's up and running, but that phone is flaky. I just bought a used Sprint branded Galaxy S6 that is "clean" and unlocked. I've got a T-Mobile SIM working in it now. Since the BYOD check is still on the Sprint website, I entered it's IMEI and another phone number, but it says that device is not eligible. Can I either (still) add a second line or switch the S6 in for the flaky iPhone? If so, what is the best way to do it in order to make sure I don't lose the one free line. My account was approved for up to 5 lines when set up.

Thanks guys!
    You can only add free lines by calling the 8777 number -- some phone reps won't care about which phone you use so you might be able to get away with a Sprint phone (if you don't want to risk it then swap out the iPhone for the GS6 and use the iPhone to add new line)

You can swap devices whenever you want -- just make sure you have the correct SIM card part number for the new phone (you can't just use any Sprint SIM in any phone)

Try to do it from your online account ("activate a new device" option under your line) or you can chat with CS and tell them to device swap (do not call it an "upgrade" since upgrading = buying new phone from Sprint) -- just give them new phone IMEI & SIM ICCID

If your phone has a Sprint device activation thing that shows up after factory resetting the phone then you can try to swap it out using that -- it'll ask for Sprint account info then it'll give option to activate device on existing line or add new line

I bought a new Galaxy S8 from BB during Thanksgiving ($350 off promo) -- added a new $45 paid line to existing free account to get phone discount then paid off phone and cancelled the new line. Online device activation didn't work when I tried to swap the S8 to my free line -- I was able to swap it using the phone's device activation process while connected to wifi (free plan stayed the same when bill generated)

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score

Thanks guys!
    I suspect yours is a G920T, which according to the frequency check sites lacks CDMA. That is probably why it is failing the BYOD check, and if so, cannot be fixed.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Feedback Score

Thanks guys!
    Run it through Ting's IMEI checker first which sometimes cleans up the database record.

See what it says.

Then try the Sprint imei checker again.

Then also try calling in and activating it over the phone.

Or IMEI swap it with technical support. Either way works. It is really the same thing as both go to the same validation code. Probably tech. support knows better how how to deal with any error issues so for that reason swaps may occasionally go better.

If it was used on a Sprint MVNO, you/they might get a misleading error that money is owing on it. If that happens you have to get the ownership flag reset by Literally Unlimited on Reddit.

I have 3 Sprint phones on this plan. On my Sprint S8+ I had to get the ownership flag reset by LiterallyUnlimited before it would take it (because it had been on an MVNO). On another one of them (a Dura XT flip phone) I had to call in.

Just ask them to activate your IMEI on the plan. Asking eligibility questions may lead them to suspect you are up to something and say NO. They do not actually know any answers anyway. They are not tasked with making any manual eligibility calls unless you ask them questions, in which case they will make random guesses as to what the answer might be in order to appear knowledgeable.

You just want them to just type in the IMEI you give them along with the number you are porting in. They get back a yes or a misworded and confusing error message......
    Last edited by comintel; 01-03-2018 at 03:22 PM.

Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 LastLast