Page 53 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Sprint Service for 1 year

Device(s)
    Google Pixel XL, OnePlus 5, Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI, T-Mobile, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    Correct. Between two Sprint HD capable handsets, you'll get the better quality. I've found it's comparable to VoLTE.

Now I have found that disabling WiFi calling has led to lower latency and better call quality to non-Sprint lines as well. I assume it's because you are taking an additional routing step out of the equation.

My suggestion is to try it without WiFi calling enabled on the account for a few calls and see if you experience better quality.

Also for HD voice to work, both Sprint devices have to disable WiFi calling. Wonky I know, but like they say "Works for me" hahahahaha.
    Does that apply if the other sprint phone is a MNVO (like say Project FI when its on Sprint)?

Device(s)
    Galaxy nexus
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    can you use this account to unlock a sprint phone, say to unlock an iphone?
    Also what does BYOFD mean?
    Proud to be Latin/Chinese xD

Feedback Score
    BYOD means Bring Your Own Device. I guess BYOFD means bring your own freaking device! :P

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Overstew View Post
    BYOD means Bring Your Own Device. I guess BYOFD means bring your own freaking device! :P
    BYOFD = Bring Your Own Foreign Device
    BYOSD = Bring Your Own Sprint Device

BYOSD is for MVNO use of Sprint devices (FreedomPop, etc). BYOFD is for this deal.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshiki2 View Post
    can you use this account to unlock a sprint phone, say to unlock an iphone?
    Also what does BYOFD mean?
    These accounts should be valid for the 50 day rule, once you swap in a Sprint phone after activating.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by compuguy View Post
    Does that apply if the other sprint phone is a MNVO (like say Project FI when its on Sprint)?
    My understanding is that all Fi calls are circuit switched unless started over Wi-Fi, in which case they are circuit switched to SIP using Google's Voice backend.

Fi is different from other MVNOs. A plain MVNO probably uses Sprint's HD CDMA codecs. FreedomPop uses a all VoIP backend to a CSD terminator on their side, unless you are using FreedomPop premium voice, which allows outbound calls to go out via CDMA (and then I guess CDMA HD codecs).

Carrier(s)
    Cricket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score

Free Sprint Service for 1 year

Basically.. can I use my Nexus 6 (unlocked from Google) on sprint? I need to do the purchased online?
    How many lines can I transfer
    With this plan can I unlock a locked Sprint iphone I bought online?
    Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6 using HoFo mobile app
    Your good with the unlocked nexus 6. I'm not sure about the limit but you can do multiple lines. I plan on porting 4 tomorrow. About unlocking a sprint iPhone in would depend on if the previous owner as fully paid it or or not. You can buy sim cards on eBay. I found some for $3 each. It's where I bought mine. Sprint has different SIM cards for different phones so you'll have to look up with one for the nexus 6 and Iphone you plan on using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    I'm using a Nexus 6 on the free plan right now. Mine is Verizon branded, but there the Google-issued ones have been confirmed to work just fine.

So between those two, that means all US-sold Nexus 6 units will work on the Sprint plan.

P.S. The AT&T-sold Nexus 6 may need to be subsidy/SIM unlocked, but should work fine after that too.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    My understanding is that all Fi calls are circuit switched unless started over Wi-Fi, in which case they are circuit switched to SIP using Google's Voice backend.

Fi is different from other MVNOs. A plain MVNO probably uses Sprint's HD CDMA codecs. FreedomPop uses a all VoIP backend to a CSD terminator on their side, unless you are using FreedomPop premium voice, which allows outbound calls to go out via CDMA (and then I guess CDMA HD codecs).
    Since Google FI supports VoLTE on T-mobile, I'm guessing that circuit switched calls on FI Sprint support the hd codec.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by djjim View Post
    This. I agree 100%. The call quality is awful. I am going to try and hang on until the end of the year but not sure I can make it. Even prepaids like Cricket are now offering VoLTE.
    Cricket is supporting VoLTE? I'm guessing that doesn't include unlocked phones like the Nexus 6p or the Pixel XL.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    3 lines on Sprint, 1 line on Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Cricket is supporting VoLTE? I'm guessing that doesn't include unlocked phones like the Nexus 6p or the Pixel XL.
    From what I understand they are adding devices slowly with just a few so far.

Device(s)
    Galaxy nexus
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Do i need to bring a foreign device? Or can i just get a preowned Sprint device online to use this offer?

Feedback Score
    Do i need to bring a foreign device? Or can i just get a preowned Sprint device online to use this offer?
    Any phone that's on their list. As long as it's unlocked.

Device(s)
    Galaxy nexus
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Cricket supporting late? At least not on my Nexus 6 and iPhone 6s plus. BTW can I move 2 lines first and then move another 3 lines? Or do I need to move all the lines at the same time? Thanks

Carrier(s)
    Cricket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score

Free Sprint Service for 1 year

Cricket supporting late? At least not on my Nexus 6 and iPhone 6s plus. BTW can I move 2 lines first and then move another 3 lines? Or do I need to move all the lines at the same time? Thanks

Yes cricket has VoLTE its only on iPhones and the majority of att branded phones though.

You can move more lines whenever your ready. You only need to port one to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 53 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast