Page 1 of 72 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Sprint Service for 1 year

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score

Free Sprint Service for 1 year

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/offer...unlimited.html

If anybody wanted to save a ton of money, go ahead!
    iPhone 7+ (Qualcomm) Georgetown, TX ........................... Spectrum 300/20, $94.99/month

Feedback Score
    Wow. For someone in an area that has good Sprint coverage, that's hard to beat.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    So I could take my lg volt fully compatible sprint phone and it wouldn't be eligible?

Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app
    Sent from my windows phone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    So I could take my lg volt fully compatible sprint phone and it wouldn't be eligible?

Why would Sprint offices be eligible, they are trying to get you away from Verizon.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    It's still a limitation for those that may have a sprint phone they would leave verizon

I'm not signing up but sprint always has crap limitations. Overall not a bad deal but they need to open up the doors to gain as many customers as they can

Last edited by wilbur101; 06-09-2017 at 07:04 PM.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Wow oh wow.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    A new level of desperation.

Sent from my Z820 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score

Free Sprint Service for 1 year

And the page is now a 404. I'd carry a sprint phone around just to monitor the coverage.

Device(s)
    2 iPhones are better than one. Twice the fun. Ask anyone.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I don't think they are blocking Sprint devices per-say but could be for activation. The terms say if you break your phone you need to swap for a Sprint compatible device and or pay full retail for one in the store.

I know my Verizon phone previously on Boost will not pass FED for some reason, says balance owed which is obviously impossible.
    My boost iphone 6's have a bad FED too.

I have a G4+ I want to try but now the site is down.

I wonder if you simply bring in "valid" devices then swap to Sprint devices... eh who knows.

To be fair this is the first freaking time in history I can ever remember sprint doing BYOD and letting you do a whole new account online without buying a device. Almost as history making as free service.

I remember when Sprint would make you do a 2 year contract just to activate an old phone!

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    They shut that down quick!

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beet View Post
    .....To be fair this is the first freaking time in history I can ever remember sprint doing BYOD and letting you do a whole new account online without buying a device. Almost as history making as free service......
    I might discuss with my wife if she'd like to give Sprint another try with her Nexus 5x.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    I'm surprised they shut this down so quickly.

If you think about it, giving free service for a year with a BYOD costs them a hell of a lot less than paying off iPhones and buying out contracts for $350-800. Even at $60 a month, we all know the real cost of that service is way less so this was a really smart promotion. On the low end, if the actual service costs them $30-40/mo, they'd be out $360-480 on the year, not a bad deal vs. paying off an $800 phone.

I would have probably moved a line over from T-Mobile or Verizon and may have even kept it there if Sprint treated me right.

Anyone who knows my post history around here knows that I dislike Sprint, but long-term I really want them to succeed. Even as someone who generally supports Mergers & Acquisitions, I don't want to see only 3 carriers. This would have bought (at least in my opinion) some goodwill with consumers, so of course it was axed as soon as possible!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    I'm surprised they shut this down so quickly.

If you think about it, giving free service for a year with a BYOD costs them a hell of a lot less than paying off iPhones and buying out contracts for $350-800. Even at $60 a month, we all know the real cost of that service is way less so this was a really smart promotion. On the low end, if the actual service costs them $30-40/mo, they'd be out $360-480 on the year, not a bad deal vs. paying off an $800 phone.

I would have probably moved a line over from T-Mobile or Verizon and may have even kept it there if Sprint treated me right.

Anyone who knows my post history around here knows that I dislike Sprint, but long-term I really want them to succeed. Even as someone who generally supports Mergers & Acquisitions, I don't want to see only 3 carriers. This would have bought (at least in my opinion) some goodwill with consumers, so of course it was axed as soon as possible!
    Sprint's burned a lot of people, that's why they they're in this position, most of my problems were not even coverage related, they couldn't even fix roaming on my account for 2 years! This was awhile ago, switching to Verizon was like going from a Yugo to a Lexus. They're at the point to where they're giving away service, I only want Sprint around for the competition, though it looks like Sprint won't be independent by this time next year.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    I know so many people who once used Sprint but now refuse to even consider them that a promotion like this would have bought a lot of goodwill with people. I know it's anecdotal evidence, but most people I know that used to have Sprint didn't leave because of coverage either.

I swore I'd never consider them again, and even I would come back and try them out if they allowed me to bring my own device and gave me a year of free service! Although like many of the other horror stories, I'm sure my purchased-outright Verizon iPhone 7 would somehow fail the FED check, or they would screw up the billing and I'd be paying full price for 6 months or something and just get soured even worse...

Again, I really want Sprint to compete, but no matter what they do they seem to get it all wrong. They should allow anyone with a compatible device (Sprint or otherwise) to port-in a number for a free year of service just to get their numbers up!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    I know so many people who once used Sprint but now refuse to even consider them that a promotion like this would have bought a lot of goodwill with people. I know it's anecdotal evidence, but most people I know that used to have Sprint didn't leave because of coverage either.

I swore I'd never consider them again, and even I would come back and try them out if they allowed me to bring my own device and gave me a year of free service! Although like many of the other horror stories, I'm sure my purchased-outright Verizon iPhone 7 would somehow fail the FED check, or they would screw up the billing and I'd be paying full price for 6 months or something and just get soured even worse...

Again, I really want Sprint to compete, but no matter what they do they seem to get it all wrong. They should allow anyone with a compatible device (Sprint or otherwise) to port-in a number for a free year of service just to get their numbers up!
    Back in 2006-2007 Sprint actually fired thousands of customers, I was one of them.

Page 1 of 72 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast