Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Phone
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
    On my old provider Safelink Wireless, they used Net10 Wireless as their main source but said Net10/Tracfone ran off Tmobile so if I got an unlocked Net10 SIM Card I can insert it and get the Safelink service put on said card. It worked for a while then they cut off my service for other reasons.

Since that Net10 SIM Card runs off Tmobile and is unlocked, can I use that same SIM Card with my new provider Tag Mobile who also uses Tmobile's service, or would I need to buy a NEW unlocked SIM Card and get my current service activated that way for my iPhone5s device.
    Phones can be locked to a specific provider. If your phone is locked you can ask your provider to unlock it, and this will allow you to use your phone on any provider the phone is compatible with. Some phones work with specific technologies and frequencies that not all providers offer, so not all phones are compatible with all providers. Each provider has their own SIM cards. SIM cards can not be unlocked - so if you switch providers you have to get a new SIM card from your new provider. Many providers will give you their SIM card for free. Even if they do charge you for a SIM card the charge is usually minimal, so no real reason to try to reuse a SIM card from your old provider even if you could.

I highly doubt your Net10 SIM card will work with Tag Mobile. I've never heard of anyone keeping the SIM card from their old provider and reusing it with their new provider. Why are you wanting to reuse your SIM card?

Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scots View Post
    Phones can be locked to a specific provider. If your phone is locked you can ask your provider to unlock it, and this will allow you to use your phone on any provider the phone is compatible with. Some phones work with specific technologies and frequencies that not all providers offer, so not all phones are compatible with all providers. Each provider has their own SIM cards. SIM cards can not be unlocked - so if you switch providers you have to get a new SIM card from your new provider. Many providers will give you their SIM card for free. Even if they do charge you for a SIM card the charge is usually minimal, so no real reason to try to reuse a SIM card from your old provider even if you could.

I highly doubt your Net10 SIM card will work with Tag Mobile. I've never heard of anyone keeping the SIM card from their old provider and reusing it with their new provider. Why are you wanting to reuse your SIM card?
    I thought since the Net10 SIM Card was on Tmobile's network, and Tag Mobile also uses TMobile it could be used again, because the two companies both use Tmobile. Thats all I was thinking when wanting to re-use the SIM Card.

Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just recently put in my new NANO SIM Card for my iPhone5s so will see how it turns out. I am hoping the coverage and reception work fine when I am out and about around town.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2