Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Reception Issues with iphone 7 on Verizon

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score

Reception Issues with iphone 7 on Verizon

Anyone else have signal issues in fringe areas on any carrier it seems LTE radios fall back alot to EVDO, HSPDA 1X its very obvious in fringe or low signal area. Its really bad on Verizon a friend of mine has two iphone 7 and they travel all around for work rural suburban urban when the LTE signal gets weak and since 1x is not backward compatible from LTE bang it drops no way is verizon network that bad overall especially between philadelphia and new york . phones swapped sim replaced. Iphone 6 is somewhat better. I have tested multiple entry or mid range android device from samsung LG they don't loss a signal in the same areas for comparison.
    Last edited by buckspaul; 06-11-2017 at 12:44 PM.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

With Verizon when I tested it with my VZW iPhone 7 plus I noticed the same thing. When I went back to ATT mostly have 3-5 bars whereas with Verizon 1-2 both on LTE

Also yup notice fallback to 1x or 3g a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpiszcz View Post
    With Verizon when I tested it with my VZW iPhone 7 plus I noticed the same thing. When I went back to ATT mostly have 3-5 bars whereas with Verizon 1-2 both on LTE

Also yup notice fallback to 1x or 3g a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    notice this on ATT also falls back to HSPA alot but at least thats backward compatible from LTE. also notice the H+ on ATT data is really slowing down now i guess they are allocation more bandwith to LTE. sorry to go off on a tangent.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buckspaul View Post
    Anyone else have signal issues in fringe areas on any carrier it seems LTE radios fall back alot to EVDO, HSPDA 1X its very obvious in fringe or low signal area. Its really bad on Verizon a friend of mine has two iphone 7 and they travel all around for work rural suburban urban when the LTE signal gets weak and since 1x is not backward compatible from LTE bang it drops no way is verizon network that bad overall especially between philadelphia and new york . phones swapped sim replaced. Iphone 6 is somewhat better. I have tested multiple entry or mid range android device from samsung LG they don't loss a signal in the same areas for comparison.
    Yes, Verizon has had issues with the iPhone 7 since it was released. There was a VERY long thread on MacRumors about it when the iPhone 7 first came out. The problems have improved over time (via some combination of iOS software updates, carrier settings updates, etc.), but I still feel that my iPhone 6S worked better on Verizon than my iPhone 7 ever has.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Mine drops on occasion to 3G in my main work location. A little annoying since 3G is not very usable on Verizon for data.
    I gave into temptation, and bought the iPhone X, even though I had a perfectly good, though oversized, 7+.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score

My iPhone 7 (Plus, not sure if that matters) seems to love sticking to Band 13, even when I'm in an area with known good Band 4. It really sucks because Band 13 is overloaded many places I go.

I don't have issues dropping to 3G or 1X, but it's just as slow as 3G sometimes.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    My iPhone 7 (Plus, not sure if that matters) seems to love sticking to Band 13, even when I'm in an area with known good Band 4. It really sucks because Band 13 is overloaded many places I go.

I don't have issues dropping to 3G or 1X, but it's just as slow as 3G sometimes.
    That's an issue with the X12 modem in Verizon Ericssonland for some unknown reason. Even saw the S7 Edge doing that. What makes it worse is B13 primary doesn't CA with anything here.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    It's becoming a major issue for me. Verizon doesn't seem interested when I've contacted CS. Maybe it's time to hop back off the Verizon train on my primary line for a while again...

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Interesting... I've been noticing in some areas with one or two bars of LTE there is no actual connection. I do have an iPhone 7 as well. I just have been somewhat disappointed in then because they are super hyped up.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It's becoming a major issue for me. Verizon doesn't seem interested when I've contacted CS. Maybe it's time to hop back off the Verizon train on my primary line for a while again...
    This doesn't happen in other markets that aren't Ericsson which is interesting.

Who would you switch off to, TMO? AT&T keeps getting worse in the area.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score

I'm not sure. I already have T-Mo for my business line and I have a few other lines on my Verizon account for family members, so I'd probably just switch my one line, and there aren't a lot of good deals for single lines.

I'm open to any carrier that works, but there's really no one option that's good everywhere. I don't like carrying my business phone during off-hours but it's really the only solution. That or just stick it out until a new phone with a better modem comes around.

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1497222266.416833.jpg
Views: 2310
Size:  254.2 KB

That's just getting to be unbearable!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

That's why I haven't gotten the iP7 and will try to refrain from getting one as long as I can, at least until the iP8 is out though we don't know what kind of hot mess that's gonna be. Could be worse for all we know. But I'll try to make my decision then.

What I do know is I'm not leaving Verizon anytime soon, they've proven themselves to me in my recent travels. Really rarely lose LTE let alone service which is super nice.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus / Apple iPhone 7 / Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buckspaul View Post
    My 7 Plus is doing the opposite, I'm "sticking" on the weak LTE AT&T signal when either inside my parking garage at work or driving in Mexico, just a few miles south inside. I would rather drop the weak, battery killing AT&T LTE signal in favor of HSPA+ or attach onto my roaming partner once I cross the border. The annoying part of the latter, is that AT&T antennas on the US side are pointed in a (slight) west, (slight) east and north direction and my 7 Plus is pulling LTE from one of the antennas.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    That's an issue with the X12 modem in Verizon Ericssonland for some unknown reason.
    Which Verizon markets have Ericsson? Is there any list?

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure. I already have T-Mo for my business line and I have a few other lines on my Verizon account for family members, so I'd probably just switch my one line, and there aren't a lot of good deals for single lines.

I'm open to any carrier that works, but there's really no one option that's good everywhere. I don't like carrying my business phone during off-hours but it's really the only solution. That or just stick it out until a new phone with a better modem comes around.

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1497222266.416833.jpg
Views: 2310
Size:  254.2 KB

That's just getting to be unbearable!
    When you get download speeds like that with higher upload, isn't that a telltale sign of congestion?

Regarding carrying two phones around, I was in the same boat and then I got a Magic SIM dual SIM adapter. It's awesome! I have both T-Mo (personal) and ATT (work) so if I go to an area where one carrier doesn't work, I just go into my settings and switch it over to the other SiM. Only downside is both SIM's can't be active at the same time (at least on iPhone) but I just forward my calls to whichever SIM i choose to be active and I still get important calls even if I'm on the alternate SiM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast