Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GoPhone matches Cricket @$30*

Carrier(s)
    Cricket, Tracfone
    Feedback Score

GoPhone matches Cricket @$30*

*the GoPhone 1GB plan is $35, but they give a $5 AutoPay discount.

At that point, why would a low-data user stick with Cricket? Well, unless they buy a card every month, in which case Cricket is cheaper.

When the plans start getting so similar, it starts to feel like there isn't any reason to continue both services.

Feedback Score
    My mom used gophone that I sat up for her and I recently switched her to cricket.

Gophone charges taxes and cricket does not do cricket will still be cheaper. Plus the myCricket app is pretty amazing and gophone can't rival it. If you're a penny pincher like me and play the silly games on my cricket rewards daily, you will soon find out how easy it is to get 10,000 points which will earn you a $5 gift card.

I'm also a att customer and I actually prefer crickets customer service over att. The online chat w cricket works great and they're cs is very helpful.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eggsalad View Post
    *the GoPhone 1GB plan is $35, but they give a $5 AutoPay discount.

At that point, why would a low-data user stick with Cricket? Well, unless they buy a card every month, in which case Cricket is cheaper.

When the plans start getting so similar, it starts to feel like there isn't any reason to continue both services.
    When Cricket offers 4GB for $35 with no taxes, the proper question would be why anyone would go with GoPhone's 1GB for $30 plus taxes.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I jumped on a cricket group save with friends and they seem to like cricket a lot and the customer service
    Sent from my windows phone

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, iPhone 5s,
    Feedback Score
    I'm a 1GB single line user. Cricket enabled VoLTE for iPhone recently. Cricket allows 2 plan changes per month which comes in handy if you need more data.

Gophone includes free hotspot, non-throttled speeds (except for unlimited plan) and roll over.

Just depends on your needs. I may switch to gophone after they launch VoLTE. For now I'm staying with cricket.

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    When Cricket offers 4GB for $35 with no taxes, the proper question would be why anyone would go with GoPhone's 1GB for $30 plus taxes.
    Give this man a prize. He wins.

Also, $30 for 1GB isn't very attractive for cost-conscious consumers. I left a Sprint Framily plan for Cricket. With Sprint, I was getting 1GB for $25 a month, which after taxes and fees ended up being around $33 a month. I found it ridiculous that I was paying over 30% more than my bill in taxes and fees, which is what originally attracted me to Cricket. I round up some family members and put together a 5 phone group, which currently gets us 4GB for $20 each. I could stop worrying about my metered data (welcome back, streaming radio in the car!), and even if I go over now, there isn't an overage... its just throttled. And I LOVE that I'm paying what the sticker said I should pay, rather than a 30% inflation for fees. Even if I couldn't put together a 5 person group, as an individual plan for $35 a month, I'd have been paying pretty close to what I already was paying and getting a lot more.
    That GoPhone deal is worthless to me. I wouldn't have left Sprint for that, as after taxes and fees it would have been MORE for about the same level of service. Then again, if I knew how much my coverage would improve with AT&T's network, maybe I would have. It definitely would have been a harder sell since the price isn't much to talk about. Either way, happy I found Cricket. If GoPhone starts offering something competitive with what we have, that'd be something to consider. So far, it hasn't.
    Been gone a long time. Hello, HoFo- I'm BACK.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Aha! I was unaware that GoPhone had additional taxes. Makes sense now!

thanks, HoFo!

Feedback Score
    I'd switch to att in a heartbeat if they matched the same group save plan...

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I couldn't pass up on 4gb for $20 on cricket. Definitely a no brainier

I wanted to keep tmobile but $60 for 2gb or $70 for data I didn't need wasnt the best deal for me. I'll be setting up a T-Mobile prepaid line
    Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, iPhone 5s,
    Feedback Score

thanks, HoFo!
    Many penny wise users avoid GoPhone taxes and fees by setting up autopay with CallingMart which also gives 10% discount. So one could get the GoPhone 1GB plan for $27 or the 6GB for $40. If you absolutely need non-throttled speeds and free hotspot, then it might make sense.

Both carriers have their advantages/disadvantages. Just depends on your needs.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwfreak View Post
    Many penny wise users avoid GoPhone taxes and fees by setting up autopay with CallingMart which also gives 10% discount. So one could get the GoPhone 1GB plan for $27 or the 6GB for $40. If you absolutely need non-throttled speeds and free hotspot, then it might make sense.

Both carriers have their advantages/disadvantages. Just depends on your needs.
    The Gophone 1GB plan is actually $35/month without the $5 auto pay discount... unless you can now enroll in the CallingMart AND Gophone autopay discounts?

Feedback Score
    IMO no one can touch Cricket if you use it right. They're on the AT&T network which is second only to Verizon in most areas. I'm on a plan with 4 other phones so we get the Group Save discount. I pay $20 for 4GB of data per month. If you don't mind spending about 10 minutes a day in the Cricket Rewards app you can earn about $15 in gift certificates per month. That basically brings my bill down to about $5 per month.

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO G, Iphone 6 On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score

thanks, HoFo!
    Anyone paying any additional taxes or fees on Gophone is doing it wrong. I pay exactly $40.50 every month for the $45 Gophone plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    I couldn't pass up on 4gb for $20 on cricket. Definitely a no brainier

I wanted to keep tmobile but $60 for 2gb or $70 for data I didn't need wasnt the best deal for me. I'll be setting up a T-Mobile prepaid line
    I left T-Mobile for cricket also. $70-$80/MO was not worth it when I look at all the areas where there was slow data or very weak signal. T-Mobile has improved a lot, and they worked really good at my house until about 2 months ago. I think they put up a small cell near a macro and turned off their radios on the macro. The small cell doesn't reach my house now and even the coverage map changed at my house. I was in a fair coverage area for at least 2-3 years. Then it suddenly went to good coverage, and in fact it was good coverage for a few months. Now right where my house is now shows as fair again and my signal and speeds are total crap.
    So now I'm back to Cricket for $60/mo.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    I left T-Mobile for cricket also. $70-$80/MO was not worth it when I look at all the areas where there was slow data or very weak signal. T-Mobile has improved a lot, and they worked really good at my house until about 2 months ago. I think they put up a small cell near a macro and turned off their radios on the macro. The small cell doesn't reach my house now and even the coverage map changed at my house. I was in a fair coverage area for at least 2-3 years. Then it suddenly went to good coverage, and in fact it was good coverage for a few months. Now right where my house is now shows as fair again and my signal and speeds are total crap.
    So now I'm back to Cricket for $60/mo.
    Yeah I'm saving quite a bit with the cricket share plan. I justified quite a few times for why I was keeping tmobile postpaid but for one line i just couldn't justify it any longer. I tried to get tmobile to put me on one of the older plans but they wouldn't budge.

Thought about keeping a T-Mobile prepaid line but I don't need it. Cricket is the best deal I've ever had on cell service so I'm happy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast