Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 600 MHz iPhone 8

Feedback Score

600 MHz iPhone 8

Was in the local T-Mobile store last Tuesday to get my 3 hats and got to talking with the employees. They all insist that the iPhone 8 will be 600 MHz compatible. They say T-Mobile sent Apple the specs a long time ago and it will be implemented in the iPhone 8. Sounds like wishful thinking to me but I wonder if they know something we don't know? Having 600 MHz may actually be a reason to give up my 6s Plus headphone jack and upgrade.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    People in the stores like to talk about things they know nothing about.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Haha yeah that's what I figured. But they seem so sure and confident about it lol.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by erikkarma808 View Post
    Haha yeah that's what I figured. But they seem so sure and confident about it lol.
    No they want YOU to THINK they are sure and confident. I would be willing to bet the new iPhones coming out this year will not have band 71 (600 MHz). The time line for deployment is at least a year away in some spots and Apple is never ahead of the curve when it comes to new bands (Take band 12 for instance).

Feedback Score
    Yea highly doubt it will have 600 lol .. Apple doesn't future proof much

Do any chips even support 600 yet?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpapa2017 View Post
    Yea highly doubt it will have 600 lol .. Apple doesn't future proof much

Do any chips even support 600 yet?
    Yes. Qualcomm ones. It's possible that Apple will not put an intel chip in the iPhone 8 and therefore they would use Qualcomm, so it would only make sense to put one with b71. Personally, I think there is a chance but given Apples history I have my doubts.

Feedback Score
    Will the new iphones support band 66?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eduschean View Post
    Will the new iphones support band 66?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I mean it's possible for them to as well. If it has B71 it should have 66 as well.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+, Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm betting not. Apple usually waits until a band is widely deployed before even considering adding it to their phones.

T-Mobile's Band 12 was a prime example of this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    No they want YOU to THINK they are sure and confident. I would be willing to bet the new iPhones coming out this year will not have band 71 (600 MHz). The time line for deployment is at least a year away in some spots and Apple is never ahead of the curve when it comes to new bands (Take band 12 for instance).
    I know- that's what I put the "lol" at the end of my post. I agree that it's unlikely- just found it interesting that all three store employees were on the same page in thinking they would have 600. Regardless, I'm sure most people outside of HoFo wouldn't even consider 600 MHz to be a deal breaker in upgrading. They probably wouldn't even ask.

If I'm going to spend $1K on a phone, I'm gonna make damn sure it has all the bands I'll need for the next several years. But then, I don't generally upgrade every model cycle like some do.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile is doing a great job with all the upgrades but I agree, it would be nice to utilize the 600 as soon as possible so hopefully some phones will be available the end of the year

I doubt any iPhone this year will be ready but I've known to be wrong once or twice in my life

Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app
    Sent from my windows phone

Feedback Score
    If apple uses its approach with having both intel and qualcomm modems then we will not see band 71. Latest intel modem does not support band 71. I'm betting that we might not even see band 66 but it might get implemented because its starting to get deployed on AT&T and verizon.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by erikkarma808 View Post
    ....If I'm going to spend $1K on a phone, I'm gonna make damn sure it has all the bands I'll need for the next several years. But then, I don't generally upgrade every model cycle like some do.
    Well, you're the exception. We'll be hearing all the iPhone users crying and whining about when they will get their new phone and it's Wednesday already and it was announced on Monday and they'll just hold their breath and turn blue until they get their new phone.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 edge, Note 5, Galaxy Tab S2
    Carrier(s)
    T,T-Mo,VZ.
    Feedback Score
    I think it was announced that Samsung will be the first device to support the new 600 deployment. Probably the Note 8 and possibly a tablet. With the majority of 600 being deployed in '18 and '19, the new iPhone probably won't support B71. Just my 2c

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I actually believe this. Knowing how John Legere operates he would have done whatever Apple wanted to ensure that the hottest phone in the last 10 years has the bands. It would be a huge fail for T-Mobile to have to wait for next year's iPhone to support the bands. He wants the phone supporting it right out of the gate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast