Thread: Iphone icloud locked small claims court case 06-13

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    att & verizon (resellers of course)
    Feedback Score

Iphone icloud locked small claims court case 06-13

Okay, umm I'm back from my class/vacation

And I got nothing to do tomorrow at 1:30 so even though my channel advised (waste of time/hard to win-get results) I'll probably go for my $37 worth (cost of a small claims)

I'm going to bring the following evidence?

which will be pictures of the receipts of all the iphones purchased (none of which match the one in question)
    Name:  2017-04-12.jpg
Views: 1330
Size:  91.1 KB
    pictures of all the iphone accounts/passwords that I logged into (none of e'm matched the one in question) (not showing this picture)
    picture of the facebook icloud locked phone (this is the picture I got from the *random* facebook seller) I won't show this to the judge cause it's pointless
    Name:  17310463_10210547476276989_271457170_o.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  29.9 KB
    and ahh a conversation with the original seller before he "took a runner on me"
    email? if I have one from apple tech support
    cost of a brand new iphone5s (white) unlocked on ebay

I can't think of much else that will be helpful with the judge? I'll review the original thread though.. odds are I'm going to lose? I think.. (but maybe not?) So if you think of a argument let me know?

I guess, I didn't post the original story with this iphone.. I bought it for $120 via facebook! I didn't check it with "the apple online checker" they took it down in february anyway! (so it's useless now) and then after starting to use it.. I see it's locked to account which sucks, I tried apple tech support they said! "give us a receipt" the guy who sold it to me gave me the number of the guy who sold it to him.. and he provided me many usernames and receipts that were not for THIS PHONE. so that's the story to this icloud locked phone I've had for 5 months now? it's brand new.. but DOA. The guy on facebook who sold it to me used the "leave conversation" so now facebook obscures his name but I still have it... I Just don't know where he lives??? so how can I sue him? (you need address for certified mail small claims suit)

On 2nd thought I'm going to bring the original text conversation with the "original owner" and probably bring the screenshot of the guy who sold it to me.. either ignoring my request of a refund or providing me the information of "the original owner"

My argument will be of course that

- apple has the power/software to un "icloud" lock my phone cause there the ones that did it (course they won't do this; will be about getting funds for a new one.. this is small claims after all) Course I bet apple can claim all kinds of sht!/legal stuff under the grounds of legal ease agreements which I never signed because I never got into my used locked icloud phone lol!
    - apple is making my phone useless/junk without the ability to use apps (which is what a icloud lock is)
    - Apple is fine taking this phone and giving me a replacement (works for me!) especially if they claim they care! about customer security!
    - and the uncloud lock process was not enough.. I wasn't able to prove that I had a receipt/ etc. so the fact that helps a little doesn't excuse them from NOT GOING ALL THE WAY (which is hopefully what the judge could do?)
    Last edited by theemaster; 06-13-2017 at 12:19 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, LG G Stylo 3 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Red Pocket-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theemaster View Post

And I got nothing to do tomorrow at 1:30 so even though my channel advised (waste of time/hard to win-get results) I'll probably go for my $37 worth (cost of a small claims)

which will be pictures of the receipts of all the iphones purchased (none of which match the one in question)
    pictures of all the iphone accounts/passwords that I logged into (none of e'm matched the one in question)

I can't think of much else that will be helpful with the judge? I'll review the original thread though.. odds are I'm going to lose? I think.. :P (but maybe not?)
    You have nothing. If your the same person who bought the phone at a SUBSIDISED price you have nothing. If you bought full retail and they won't unlock then yes you have a case. Otherwise everything is is in the terms you agreed with by buying the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T iPhone 7 128GB Gold
    867-5309 Line: LG G Stylo 3 Plus

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Device(s)
    LG G4 H810 Unlocked, LG Tribute HD
    Carrier(s)
    Freedompop, Speedtalk Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Even in the event that you win, how are you going to collect? You may have a judgment, but the defendant is unlikely to pay.
    Mobile:

LG G4 H810 Unlocked w/ Quick Circle Case Wireless Charging - Red Pocket 500/500/500
    LG Tribute HD (Boost Mobile) - Freedompop
    Huawei Ascend XT2 - Freedompop AT&T SIM
    ______
    Prior Phones:

Lumia 820, LG Volt, LG Tribute 2, LG Optimus Exceed 2, LG Realm, Moto X 2014 (Pure Edition), Moto X 2013, Nexus 5, Nokia Lumia 520, Nokia Lumia 1020, Samsung Galaxy S3

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMagm View Post
    Even in the event that you win, how are you going to collect? You may have a judgment, but the defendant is unlikely to pay.
    Ahh the court has a process for that?

So ahh.. maybe if they don't.. I won't..? but this could put a smile on your face..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why are u evsn wasting ur $40 and time lol

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The judge is going to laugh at u lol

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score

Name:  2017-04-12.jpg
Views: 1330
Size:  91.1 KB
    pictures of all the iphone accounts/passwords that I logged into (none of e'm matched the one in question) (not showing this picture)
    picture of the facebook icloud locked phone (this is the picture I got from the *random* facebook seller) I won't show this to the judge cause it's pointless
    Name:  17310463_10210547476276989_271457170_o.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  29.9 KB

I can't think of much else that will be helpful with the judge? I'll review the original thread though.. odds are I'm going to lose? I think.. (but maybe not?) So if you think of a argument let me know?

I guess, I didn't post the original story with this iphone.. I bought it for $120 via facebook! I didn't check it with "the apple online checker" they took it down in february anyway! (so it's useless now) and then after starting to use it.. I see it's locked to account which sucks, I tried apple tech support they said! "give us a receipt" the guy who sold it to me gave me the number of the guy who sold it to him.. and he provided me many usernames and receipts that were not for THIS PHONE. so that's the story to this icloud locked phone I've had for 5 months now? it's brand new.. but DOA. The guy on facebook who sold it to me used the "leave conversation" so now facebook obscures his name but I still have it... I Just don't know where he lives??? so how can I sue him? (you need address for certified mail small claims suit)

On 2nd thought I'm going to bring the original text conversation with the "original owner" and probably bring the screenshot of the guy who sold it to me.. either ignoring my request of a refund or providing me the information of "the original owner"

My argument will be of course that

- apple has the power/software to un "icloud" lock my phone cause there the ones that did it (course they won't do this; will be about getting funds for a new one.. this is small claims after all) Course I bet apple can claim all kinds of sht!/legal stuff under the grounds of legal ease agreements which I never signed because I never got into my used locked icloud phone lol!
    - apple is making my phone useless/junk without the ability to use apps (which is what a icloud lock is)
    - Apple is fine taking this phone and giving me a replacement (works for me!) especially if they claim they care! about customer security!
    - and the uncloud lock process was not enough.. I wasn't able to prove that I had a receipt/ etc. so the fact that helps a little doesn't excuse them from NOT GOING ALL THE WAY (which is hopefully what the judge could do?)

If your iPhone is I cloud locked
    Then just google I cloud unlock - https://iphoneimei.net/unlock-iphone...nt-from-iphone

Feedback Score
    Well it looks like you are very disappointed with either apple or the seller. It will be totally waste of your and court time for claiming such small amount. Also the judge may reject your petition as he may consider your petition as non-serious.
    Hostter - hostter.com
    Serving for years now! Bitcoin Accepted
    Bitcoin VPS | Bitcoin Hosting

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    Why are u evsn wasting ur $40 and time lol
    it's too late I did that a month ago..

you think the government offers refunds?

Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    If your iPhone is I cloud locked
    Then just google I cloud unlock - https://iphoneimei.net/unlock-iphone...nt-from-iphone
    oh cool.. hmm rather have apple pay that... do they network unlock it too.. meaning this is a "straighttalk" iphone 5s meaning even if I could get in???? I ahh would be stuck on using it

And the iphone 5s in question..

Name:  IMG_3097.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  45.8 KB

Also I didn't find my screenshots of the facebook conversation with the seller.. so not sure where they are?? or what the filename is?
    Last edited by theemaster; 06-13-2017 at 11:14 AM.

Device(s)
    LG G4 H810 Unlocked, LG Tribute HD
    Carrier(s)
    Freedompop, Speedtalk Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ahh the court has a process for that?

So ahh.. maybe if they don't.. I won't..? but this could put a smile on your face..
    There are attorneys that do collections, but it's not easy to collect on people who don't want to pay. Look at OJ.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon
    Feedback Score

oh cool.. hmm rather have apple pay that... do they network unlock it too.. meaning this is a "straighttalk" iphone 5s meaning even if I could get in???? I ahh would be stuck on using it

And the iphone 5s in question..

Name:  IMG_3097.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  45.8 KB

Also I didn't find my screenshots of the facebook conversation with the seller.. so not sure where they are?? or what the filename is?

That phone looks to be "Slim Locked" meaning it can only be used on Tracfone family, it's looking for a "TFW" sim to activate

I just went through the process of getting a Strighttalk iphone 6 activated on Tracfone.

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Well I lost.. judge said the argument of "privacy-security" protection won her over from the apple store guy.. (which wasn't super convincing) she said I didn't have a good enough argument to make it convincing for apple to pay up.. she also said I could "appeal"? (not sure I want too.. but I will speak to a channel before deciding.. ) I'm pretty sure my case can be won.. really apple can't keep using their software to turn a phone into junk.. for some reason she was sort of convinced on the idea the phone was stolen. But that's just non-sense stupid.. I could of hit a lot more on all the NOT stolen phones being sold for parts everyday on ebay..

I'd like to see a nice class action.. take apple down to size on this [email protected]#% but yah know it's still kind of a small thing..

Feedback Score
    I don't think your case can be won tbh. Sorry that you had to go through this, but your issue is really with the seller for selling you a phone that is iCloud locked,

Since your documents don't even show that the phone in question was even legitimately sold to you there was never a possibility of having Apple do anything for you. Apple just places such a high priority on security that there was never a chance that they would compromise a phone's security for you.

Feedback Score
    A Slim locked phone with no evidence of buying the phone from the original owner or fulfilling the Slim lock requirements... case looks like an episode from a Looney tunes cartoon

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone(Verizon) Tracfone (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    ..... really apple can't keep using their software to turn a phone into junk.. ....
    Apple's software didn't turn the phone into junk. The phone will work just as it should for the person with the proper password.