Thread: Cricket APN Settings for BLU Phone

Feedback Score

Cricket APN Settings for BLU Phone

Greetings all. I own a BLU Studio Max. It does not show LTE as it should and I suspect the APN settings are wrong.

I understand, for example, that I want to specify APN type: default,mms,fota,hipri,supl
    but the BLU phone has a dropdown menu for that field and it has checked, default, mms and supl with no checkbox for hipri or fota available to check. It has checkboxes for wap, net, dun, ia, rcs and xcap that are unchecked. I am unable to manually enter anything, just check or uncheck those boxes.

Could the inability to specify hipri be the reason I'm not seeing LTE connections? And also, WTH? I can't find this menu thing anywhere in google, is it some wonky thing from BLU?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Could be the issue. Some BLU phones don't support LTE as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    These are the setting I use on my Blu Pure XL.Name:  Screenshot_2017-06-13-11-50-16.png
Views: 256
Size:  134.4 KBName:  Screenshot_2017-06-13-11-50-27.png
Views: 257
Size:  149.7 KBName:  Screenshot_2017-06-13-11-50-35.png
Views: 259
Size:  160.2 KB

Feedback Score
    Can you not delete the stock apn settings ??

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=pedro.r.perezjr;16863563]Could be the issue. Some BLU phones don't support LTE as well

Yeah this phone expressly states that it supports LTE. I'm maxing out download speeds using the Speedtest app at around 8Mbps but it states 4g. Is that maybe LTE but the phone simply isn't saying LTE?

Feedback Score
    Here are the specs for the blu studio max - http://m.gsmarena.com/blu_studio_max-8462.php

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Here are the specs for the blu studio max - http://m.gsmarena.com/blu_studio_max-8462.php
    Yeah, and it has LTE. Sorry to pester everyone I just want to figure out if there is a problem or not.

Feedback Score
    Well, my wife's BLU phone that has the same bands has the same APN settings as me, we get similar speeds but her phone says LTE mine says 4g. Could it just be some sort of bug? Is there any way I can verify an LTE connection?

Feedback Score
    I just thought of something: I had to manually cut the micro SIM card down to nano size to fit the new phone. I'm pretty handy and did it perfectly (in my mind) but could that have broken something?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lburgguy View Post
    Well, my wife's BLU phone that has the same bands has the same APN settings as me, we get similar speeds but her phone says LTE mine says 4g. Could it just be some sort of bug? Is there any way I can verify an LTE connection?
    I don't have a Blu, but all Android phones I have used show the Mobile Network Type somewhere in Settings -> About Phone.

If it says HSPAP that is "4G". LTE would be shown as LTE. The signal level will also be shown in dBm. This is a much better place to look for info about the network than the number of bars.

Feedback Score
    Okay so I just downloaded a great app, "LTE Discovery" and it verifies that I'm indeed connected on LTE. I guess it's just something to do with the display saying 4g and not LTE. Sorry for wasting everyone's time on this.

Feedback Score
    Thank you, a simpler way to verify LTE status.

Feedback Score
    Turn off wifi and see if LTE then appears on your phone.
    Please enter password to view this signature.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lburgguy View Post

Yeah this phone expressly states that it supports LTE. I'm maxing out download speeds using the Speedtest app at around 8Mbps but it states 4g. Is that maybe LTE but the phone simply isn't saying LTE?
    Cricket caps LTE speeds at 8Mbps and HSPA at 4Mbps. So if you are seeing 8Mbps then it's LTE. Some phones don't state LTE. They state 4G instead of LTE. I remember my BLU Life One X actually stated 4G LTE when connected to LTE. You could turn off LTE (4G) under the cellular settings and force it to connect to HSPA and then see what it states for HSPA.

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    GUYS! Android phones aren't consistent with their icons for network status!
    Depending on model I use (Samsung, Sony, HTC, ZTE, etc) my display reports different things for the same network status. One of my phones considers an H+ connection "4G" (since I guess it was originally touted as 4th gen by T-mobile), and differentiates LTE with an "LTE" icon. Another one of my phones shows the LTE icon when connected to that, but shows "3G" for H+ and H connections. Another phone I've used called LTE "4G". And then there are the phones that accurately just show "H", "H+" or "LTE", which is my favorite because I know what I'm getting.
    I think they dumbed down the icons for consumers who aren't familiar with the technology, but they weren't consistent in the formatting which caused this kind of confusion. My Nextbit Robin, for example, use to report 3G or LTE, which I found annoying because I wanted to know if I was on H or H+ when it showed 3G. But since installing OmniRom, it changed to the more literal icons showing H, H+, LTE. I like that better. Without a custom rom, if your phone doesn't show the literal icons I think the only way to know for sure is to use a network details app like you tried, or just do a speedtest and judge by the real world numbers (which isn't always a sure ticket, as you could have a congested LTE connection that looks like H+).
    Been gone a long time. Hello, HoFo- I'm BACK.