Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sprint BYOD: 1 year "free" unlimited service

Feedback Score

Sprint BYOD: 1 year "free" unlimited service

http://sprint.com/en/shop/offers/fre...nity:1yearfree

Fine print:

. Offer ends June 30th.

. Savings until 7/31/18; then $60/mo. for line 1, $40/mo. for line 2 & $30/mo./line for lines 3-5. Reqs. AutoPay (discount applied w/in 2 invoices), new account, bring your own eligible device & Sprint SIM card. Data deprioritization during congestion. Other monthly charges apply. (emphasis mine, ie you pay taxes & regulatory fees)

. 10GB hotspot limit, then deprioritization.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by e.mote View Post
    http://sprint.com/en/shop/offers/fre...nity:1yearfree

Fine print:

. Offer ends June 30th.

. Savings until 7/31/18; then $60/mo. for line 1, $40/mo. for line 2 & $30/mo./line for lines 3-5. Reqs. AutoPay (discount applied w/in 2 invoices), new account, bring your own eligible device & Sprint SIM card. Data deprioritization during congestion. Other monthly charges apply. (emphasis mine, ie you pay taxes & regulatory fees)

. 10GB hotspot limit, then deprioritization.
    It was open a few days ago - yanked from the site and now is back. The promo is full of errors. No nexus 5X. People are having issues activating. This promo is a mess.

I tried and I canceled.

Feedback Score
    Also roaming data is limited to 100mb, and your port-in must be from a postpaid plan.

Feedback Score
    Sprint's coverage is a mess. You'd be banging your head against the wall with this plan it would be so slow on Sprint's congested network it would hardly be worth it (even for free).

Also, limited assortment of phones on this plan.

why is Sprint betting that their coverage is SO MUCH better than Verizon's that people will actually bite?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonysjenning View Post
    Also roaming data is limited to 100mb, and your port-in must be from a postpaid plan.
    How would they even know, and where does it mention this?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    How would they even know, and where does it mention this?
    Where does it mention this? Did you even try clicking the link in the original post? Everything is in the fine print. https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/offer...nity:1yearfree

How would they know? They ask you to provide your phone number when determining if your smartphone is eligible. They probably check the number against a database of active phone numbers, so you can't try to port, say, a Google Voice number, or a Verizon landline. How accurate this checking is can't be known until someone completes the process and reports back. Beware: they also check your credit.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Rejecting moto g4 play with an actual vzw postpaid number.

Feedback Score
    "port in from postpaid carrier" , Verizon prepaid is technically a postpaid carrier even if using its prepaid, I chatted with VZW and they said there's no distinction when another provider is trying to claim a number from VZW .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by e.mote View Post
    >Everything is in the fine print.

I don't see the Verizon-number porting requirement, or for that matter any porting requirement. I typed in some bogus number along with a legit IMEI, and the phone (G4+) passed the check. Unfortunately, the sign-up hung after I clicked on the Continue button.

The offer goes until June 30, so Sprint has some time to sort it out. It's a good deal that is worth retrying a few times. I recall people working themselves into a frenzy for RingPlus offers that were far less.

Per the FAQ on the page, those who already have a Sprint SIM may be able to skip buying a SIM (go to http://sprint.com/activatenow) and save $13. Unfortunately, I forgot the sign-up data to my prior SIM purchase.

I also want to see how much tax+fees will cost, since in my area they're around 30+%, which for the $60 plan would be $20/month. That would disqualify the "free" pitch.
    California?!lol

Feedback Score
    *100mb of off network data and we may cut you off. Lol , in my experience Sprint is famous for driving customers away for good, look at what they did in 2007, they fired thousands of customers because they were to incompetent to fix billing issues, but hey looks like they are literally giving away their Network now..

Feedback Score
    The highest cell phone tax on the nation is wa. state @18 percent, not sure where you're getting almost double that.

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE(2), LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    Rejecting moto g4 play with an actual vzw postpaid number.
    If it is the Verizon version it certainly will not pass Sprint MEID check.

Feedback Score
    If I were to sign up for vzw how soon after activation could I port to Sprint? Does vzw prevent ports for the first week, month, etc?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennettg View Post
    If I were to sign up for vzw how soon after activation could I port to Sprint? Does vzw prevent ports for the first week, month, etc?
    Not according to number portability, you should be able to port your number anytime.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast