Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sprint BYOD: 1 year "free" unlimited service

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    If it is the Verizon version it certainly will not pass Sprint MEID check.
    XT1607 - universal version.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennettg View Post
    If I were to sign up for vzw how soon after activation could I port to Sprint? Does vzw prevent ports for the first week, month, etc?
    According to Engadget's reporting, you don't have to be a Verizon customer. They're just targeting Verizon customers by mentioning them by name.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    Rejecting moto g4 play with an actual vzw postpaid number.
    The only thing I can think of is one criterion may not have been met. Do you own the phone outright? Or are you on some sort of payment plan for it?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonysjenning View Post
    According to Engadget's reporting, you don't have to be a Verizon customer. They're just targeting Verizon customers by mentioning them by name.
    You also might be more likely to be able to switch to Sprint from Verizon without having to buy a new phone. Some models, such as the iPhone 7 and 7+, can be used on Sprint. But the 7 or 7+ bought from ATT and T-Mobile likely won't work on Sprint.
    I gave into temptation, and bought the iPhone X, even though I had a perfectly good, though oversized, 7+.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The only thing I can think of is one criterion may not have been met. Do you own the phone outright? Or are you on some sort of payment plan for it?
    Yup, paid for outright. The only thing I can think of is it was at one time activated with freedompop. However it wasn't fully functional because I didn't have the right sim card. At present, it's not active with service directly. Just keeping a fp lte sim in it for backup use.

Feedback Score
    I tried with the Moto X Pure. It liked the phone and the phone number. It would not get past the credit check, even though my credit score is well over 800. Someone said I had to go into a store with two forms of ID.

I turned of my VPN and tried again, and this time it got past the credit check and onto the payment page.

In Chrome I tried two different valid credit cards, and it just spun and spun with a "Just a Second" message. Payment never went through.

In Internet Explorer I tried two different valid credit cards and it gave me "There were errors processing your request. Please verify your information and try again, or call our order support team at 866-275-1411." Of course calling that number didn't help, the choices in the recording didn't match anything, and even when I finally managed to get a person on the line they kept asking if I was calling to add an additional line or change plans, but no choice for a new customer.

If this is how Sprint is, I'm glad to not be their customer.

Device(s)
    Droid Charge
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I think I am going to have to try this. My son is on and FP sim with a G4Play. It is active and the initial IMEI check and number check went through. Just wondering if anyone has seen the "taxes" on the plan yet.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if any of the unlocked phones Sprint lists as being eligible for this promotion will work with WiFi calling on Sprint's network?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkaufman View Post
    I think I am going to have to try this. My son is on and FP sim with a G4Play. It is active and the initial IMEI check and number check went through. Just wondering if anyone has seen the "taxes" on the plan yet.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Just be warned the fine print says it requires a port from a postpaid number. YMMV.

Feedback Score
    what would be the cheapest way to get in on this? if i do not have either an At&t or VZ postpaid account?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    what would be the cheapest way to get in on this? if i do not have either an At&t or VZ postpaid account?
    Who knows if this is really real? With all the reports of people with good credit not being allowed beyond the credit check, or for those who get past that screen, being unable to pay for the SIM+shipping because the page fails, I'd be surprised if suddenly a flood of successful activations started happening. There's only online promotion, and you can't get it on the phone or in a store.

Feedback Score
    Who knows if this is really real? With all the reports of people with good credit not being allowed beyond the credit check, or for those who get past that screen, being unable to pay for the SIM+shipping because the page fails, I'd be surprised if suddenly a flood of successful activations started happening. There's only online promotion, and you can't get it on the phone or in a store.
    Probably Sprint's way of limiting signups, I mean really how bad of credit do you have to have to be rejected for free service from a bankrupt company, who knows?!

Device(s)
    OnePlus 3T
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM
    Feedback Score
    Is it possible they're targeting users with only certain phones? Just a thought. I have a OnePlus3T and Galaxy Grand Prime (backup) and neither passed the IMEI test. When I scrolled down I saw a list of the following phones:
    Code:
        Apple iPhone 5C (Verizon only) 
        Apple iPhone 5S (Verizon only)
        Apple iPhone 6
        Apple iPhone 6 Plus
        Apple iPhone 6S
        Apple iPhone 6S Plus
        Apple iPhone 7 (Verizon only) 
        Apple iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon only) 
        Apple iPhone SE
        Google Nexus 5 (Verizon only) 
        Google Nexus 5X
        Google Nexus 6
        Google Nexus 6P
        Google Pixel
        Google Pixel XL
        Motorola E4 
        Motorola Z2 Play
        Motorola G4
        Motorola G4 Play
        Motorola G4 Plus
        Motorola G5 Plus
        Motorola X Pure Edition
        Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Special Edition
        Samsung Galaxy S7 Special Edition
        Samsung Galaxy S8 Special Edition
        Samsung Galaxy S8+ Special Edition

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    They are targeting phones sold on other carriers and known to be unlocked (or unlockable).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by high technology View Post
    They are targeting phones sold on other carriers and known to be unlocked (or unlockable).
    What gave you that idea🤔!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast