Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Sprint BYOD: 1 year "free" unlimited service

Feedback Score
    And the web site has just been updated so that the graphic now says "Hurry, Limited Time Offer" replacing "Hurry, Offer Ends July 31."

Text within the page was revised 10 days ago to say "Save until 9/30/18" replacing "Save until 7/31/18" and people subscribing since then have in fact been given the 9/30/18 end date.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the helpful info comintel! This Sprint deal is definitely more appealing to me if I don't have to by new phones. Maybe I will give it a try with my son's phone to see how it goes. He can deal with a gap in service.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Sorry, maybe I am having a brain drain, but does this offer require a ported number? Or can I just buy something like the Moto E4 off Amazon, and do the free offer as a new line?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it in the fine print.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clocks11 View Post
    Sorry, maybe I am having a brain drain, but does this offer require a ported number? Or can I just buy something like the Moto E4 off Amazon, and do the free offer as a new line?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it in the fine print.
    Just to be explicit for others, yes it does require a number to be ported in from a competing or independent carrier (or MVNO of a competing carrier). The number does not need any prior association with the pone. For the phone, you can use a new Moto E4 and many are doing so.
    Last edited by comintel; 08-02-2017 at 02:12 AM.

Feedback Score
    Does T-Mobile have any kind of address filter? They seem like the best way for my currently-Tello phone to get this deal, but they've got no coverage in my area, and I don't want to spend $10 on a sim only to find they block me from creating an account and porting the number over.

Feedback Score
    This deal expires Saturday at midnight Eastern Time and will not be further extended according to a (self-identified but credible) Sprint corporate insider posting on SlickDeals, quoting an internal Sprint memo just issued, and other posters.

You can confirm this by calling the telesales number.

Feedback Score
    Well the free (plus tax) offer has been extended into October after all!

So much for the supposed insider that claimed it would not be extended.'

However it is still a "limited time offer" that could end at any time. Personally I suspect it will end once the merger is either finalized (rumored for late October) or falls through. I think Sprint is using it as sort of blackmail to help hold down industry profits until TMobile agrees to merge.

The Virgin $1 offer has ended and been replaced by a 6 month offer though.
    Last edited by comintel; 10-01-2017 at 05:30 AM.

Feedback Score
    Im still trying to get on the plan. They signed me up and now i have a 59.72 dollar charge on my account im trying to get fixed.
    Still not on the free plan yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2388 View Post
    Im still trying to get on the plan. They signed me up and now i have a 59.72 dollar charge on my account im trying to get fixed.
    Still not on the free plan yet.

You could instruct them to cancel the paid plan under the satisfaction money-back guarantee (which is 15 days or 30 days, I forget) and reenroll you in the free plan.

If they balk, there is also an Executive resolution contact [email protected] if needed.

In general, only enrol through 866-782-8777, above all not through a store/dealer. They should read you the deal details at the end to get your agreement and those should say $5 a month plus tax with a $5 auto-pay discount. Otherwise do not agree.
    Last edited by comintel; 10-01-2017 at 03:36 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    You could instruct them to cancel the paid plan under the satisfaction money-back guarantee (which is 15 days or 30 days, I forget) and reenroll you in the free plan.

If they balk, there is also an Executive resolution contact [email protected] if needed.

In general, only enrol through 866-782-8777, above all not through a dealer. They should read you the deal details at the end to get your agreement and those should say $5 a month plus tax with a $5 auto-pay discount. Otherwise do not agree.
    Thanks! Ill call and cancel it out before the autopay charges me 59 dollars!

I also sent a email but i figure it wouldnt ever get answered.

Feedback Score
    I contacted Marci on Twitter a few months ago and got an answer within a day.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4