Thread: options vs sprint OpenWorld

Feedback Score

options vs sprint OpenWorld

With openworld being discontinued, Is there any option if Im on global roaming and want to have in Canada & mexico local roaming?

It seem like the options are limited.

Device(s)
    HTC One M8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dsieme01 View Post
    With openworld being discontinued, Is there any option if Im on global roaming and want to have in Canada & mexico local roaming?

It seem like the options are limited.
    Any source about Open World being discontinued? I know they replaced it, but if you already have it, I thought you kept it... I still have it on my account.

It was replaced with free 2G roaming and a base $5 daily fee to bump it up to unlimited high speed (LTE where available) in like 190 countries... so not a bad deal either way.

N

Feedback Score
    The issue is I travel to canada 2 times a year and then it seems like once a year to Europe. Open world has Canada & mexico but not as good for roaming to Europe. for that you have to switch plans. I also call to canada all the time. (family in Canada)

So for that T-mobile is better than sprint. The other issue I have is I need a provider than has SNPP support and sprint has that on there network.
    I wish sprint would copy the features like T-mobile has it.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint & T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

options vs sprint OpenWorld

Quote Originally Posted by NGeorge View Post
    Any source about Open World being discontinued? I know they replaced it, but if you already have it, I thought you kept it... I still have it on my account.

It was replaced with free 2G roaming and a base $5 daily fee to bump it up to unlimited high speed (LTE where available) in like 190 countries... so not a bad deal either way.

N
    https://support.sprint.com/support/a...nity:openworld

Open world is an awesome add on that has served me well. Sad to see it go.

To my understanding and from chatting with Sprint, apparently only the new Unlimited Freedom plan includes unlimited LTE in Canada and Mexico (subject to the usage %) and 2G roaming everywhere else and that any other older rate plan has the option of adding the new Global Roaming add on for free but does NOT include the LTE roaming in Mexico/Canada, instead you pay $5/day....Has anyone else heard this variation??

And on that note, what exactly would the Unlimited Freedom Global roaming include? The explanation on Sprint's website is confusing at best....I'm curious as I'm considering switching plans since this could be a better deal than Open World...

Device(s)
    Samsung X105
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aa1127 View Post
    And on that note, what exactly would the Unlimited Freedom Global roaming include? The explanation on Sprint's website is confusing at best....I'm curious as I'm considering switching plans since this could be a better deal than Open World...
    I just changed to Sprint Unlimited Freedom. After you change/sign-up you have to login to your account and then go to add/remove service. There you can select a no cost service titled "Premium International Experience."

That gets you:

In addition to all benefits of Sprint Global Roaming, your Premium International Experience includes at no additional charge International Long Distance calling from U.S. to Mexico & Canada, as well as free calling, texting, and high-speed international data while roaming in Canada and Mexico.