Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: VZW & FMCA Just Launched a New Unlimited Data Plan for Jetpacks!

Device(s)
    T-Mobile BlackBerry Priv, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless, AT&T BLAST! Plan from 4ghsDOTcom
    Feedback Score

Exclamation VZW & FMCA Just Launched a New Unlimited Data Plan for Jetpacks!

Posting this here for those that don't follow the RV Mobile Internet News Center blog. The Family Motor Coach Association and Verizon Wireless have just launched a new Unlimited Jetpack Data Plan which is being made available exclusively to Members of the FMCA. DETAILS CAN BE FOUND HERE.

Besides being subject to deprioritization after 25 GB (3 GB higher than VZW's standard amount of usage) it's also a month-to-month, pay-as-you-go plan, meaning that either VZW or the FMCA can take it away from you at any time.

Still, it's another option for getting one's hands on an Unlimited Data Plan for use in Jetpacks, so at least a few of you might find it useful.
    Photobucket's policy changes SUCK!

New signature coming soon-ish...

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    How are they able to negotiate a deal?

Feedback Score
    "The FMCA is even including Verizon's latest and greatest flagship Novatel MiFi 7730L hotspot for free."

"There is no contract required, and even if you cancel after just one month of service you can keep the $200 hotspot."

I wonder if there is an activation fee? You have to join the FMCA and the plans are administered through them.

Feedback Score
    This will probably boost FMCA membership numbers remarkably.

Feedback Score
    + $60 to join FMCA for one year, but yes it sounds like a nice deal if you happen to own a motor home , I'm still hopeful Verizon will Soon offer a nice deal for a good 5 year jetpack customer like myself.

Feedback Score
    And the TD start on Slickdeals. You guys are are good for a laugh.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cycledude View Post
    + $60 to join FMCA for one year, but yes it sounds like a nice deal if you happen to own a motor home , I'm still hopeful Verizon will Soon offer a nice deal for a good 5 year jetpack customer like myself.
    You don't have to own a motor home per Reddit. Several have posted success as they don't actually check. Sounds like an amazing deal with little hoops to jump through.
    ATT 500GB WHPI /AT&T Unlimited Plus Multi Line:2015-Present
    Verizon: 2008-2016 (UDP)
    Sprint: 2008-2014
    Alltel:2005-2008
    Cingular:2006

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    And the TD start on Slickdeals. You guys are are good for a laugh.
    It is quite comical that people down vote Slickdeals from hofo, as they did with the mobley. Hofo did more damage themselves by sim swapping the connected car plan to phones and hotspots and getting att fraud department involved with connected car than Slickdeals ever did.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedius View Post
    It is quite comical that people down vote Slickdeals from hofo, as they did with the mobley. Hofo did more damage themselves by sim swapping the connected car plan to phones and hotspots and getting att fraud department involved with connected car than Slickdeals ever did.
    So people actually had problems with doing that? I played it safe and just made up an $8 cable to use via USB or 12V wall wart power. SIM never left the Mobley... I even bought a spare for $65 from Best Buy as a backup in case something happened to mine. Speeds aren't always stellar, but unlimited for $22/mo is crazy.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    So people actually had problems with doing that? I played it safe and just made up an $8 cable to use via USB or 12V wall wart power. SIM never left the Mobley... I even bought a spare for $65 from Best Buy as a backup in case something happened to mine. Speeds aren't always stellar, but unlimited for $22/mo is crazy.
    Not yet, but I had some issues getting the plan recently with a byod mobley, and the rep said the fraud department was involved with the process now. She said it seems people are saying they have mobleys, getting the plan, but not actually activating the mobley or having the mobley. I believe an IMEI generator was extensively talked about in the hofo thread, with someone giving them out. Hopefully this deal will be treated better than the mobley one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedius View Post
    Not yet, but I had some issues getting the plan recently with a byod mobley, and the rep said the fraud department was involved with the process now. She said it seems people are saying they have mobleys, getting the plan, but not actually activating the mobley or having the mobley. I believe an IMEI generator was extensively talked about in the thread, with someone giving them out. Hopefully this deal will be treated better than the mobley one.
    IMEI generator is definitely playing with fire. Some people...

Feedback Score
    Pros/Cons
    Mobley
    Pros:
    Cheap $20/mo standalone
    22GB then deprio
    Can tether via usb
    Cons:
    Requires a adapter to use in house no battery.
    While you can swap the sim to a more capable device the risk of plan loss is significant however it's easy to just reapply it currently.

Hum x
    Pros:
    22GB then deprio
    Only $25/mo if you already have unlimited.
    Cons:
    No standalone plan must be added to an unlimited account.
    Can't via usb tether
    Can't be used in house without a power adapter capable that can simulate the correct VIN and a running engine again also no battery.
    May be able to use its sim in a hotspot device but AFAIK no one has tried yet.

FMCA plan
    Pros:
    25GB then deprio
    $50/mo standalone plan
    Can be safely assumed to work in other hotpot devices
    Cons:
    $50-$60/yr membership fee

Those sprint plans unlimited plans
    Pros:
    $21-$42/mo paid by the year
    tax deductible
    No throttle no deprio

Cons:
    Sprint
    IIUC no ability to switch devices at all due to the way sprint uses sim cards.

Feedback Score
    I signed up for this deal yesterday. Joined FMCA just to get the deal. My order was processed today so the 7730L should be arriving around July 21st. I missed the June cutoff due to the overwhelming response for the deal. Anyway, the monthly got discounted to $43.99 from $49.99 so it is even better.

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by canon1dxii View Post
    I signed up for this deal yesterday. Joined FMCA just to get the deal. My order was processed today so the 7730L should be arriving around July 21st. I missed the June cutoff due to the overwhelming response for the deal. Anyway, the monthly got discounted to $43.99 from $49.99 so it is even better.
    Did they charge you right away ? Any activation fees ?

Feedback Score
    No, FMCA did not charge my card. They will charge when shipped in July. No activation fee. Just $44 monthly for the service. I get a free 7730L which is cool. I don't plan to use it as the sim will go into my Cradlepoint router.

FMCA has temporarily closed new signups, however, due to overwhelming demand.
    Last edited by canon1dxii; 06-16-2017 at 03:09 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast