Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LTE Roaming on Unlimited

Feedback Score

LTE Roaming on Unlimited

I'm thinking about taking advantage Sprint's free year of service. I spend a fair amount of time in NH during the summer and I would be in an "LTE roaming" area (not "Extended LTE") when I'm there. Does anyone know the limits for LTE roaming for data and off network roaming for voice with Sprint's unlimited plan? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumCT View Post
    I'm thinking about taking advantage Sprint's free year of service. I spend a fair amount of time in NH during the summer and I would be in an "LTE roaming" area (not "Extended LTE") when I'm there. Does anyone know the limits for LTE roaming for data and off network roaming for voice with Sprint's unlimited plan? Thanks!
    Data roaming is 300 MB.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Data roaming is now 100MB on new Sprint plans. It used to be 300MB

Feedback Score
    It's 100mb hard cap. Data will instantly stop at 100mb and will reset on the next billing cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thebuchholzman View Post
    It's 100mb hard cap. Data will instantly stop at 100mb and will reset on the next billing cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's still unknown right now if they plan to drop vzw for roaming or not. I don't see their need to roam on to both vzw And att.

Feedback Score
    What is the difference between "Extended LTE"? What is extended lte?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ericliujian View Post
    What is the difference between "Extended LTE"? What is extended lte?
    Means roaming but, doesn't have roaming limits. So whatever plan you have you get that amount of data including unlimited.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Passing through Alabama I was able to pickup AT&T LTE roaming, though capped at 100MB on unlimited and throttled. I was surprised as it wasn't on the map.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    Passing through Alabama I was able to pickup AT&T LTE roaming, though capped at 100MB on unlimited and throttled. I was surprised as it wasn't on the map.

That's a horrible signal..

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    That's a horrible signal..

The only two providers in that area are Verizon and AT&T, Verizon was undoubtedly better. My T-Mobile line was No Service. Sprint ironically was connected to both Verizon & AT&T Simultaneously.

Speeds are severely capped though.

Device(s)
    HTC One M8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    The only two providers in that area are Verizon and AT&T, Verizon was undoubtedly better. My T-Mobile line was No Service. Sprint ironically was connected to both Verizon & AT&T Simultaneously.

Speeds are severely capped though.

If AT&T fixes my data roaming, I'm all for it. I'm getting pretty convinced the Verizon data roaming agreement is dead now... I no longer can get any data on Verizon 1x as of about a month ago. At first I thought it was a PRL change where they just put the data portion way below Sprint so that any whiff of Sprint signal would make it re-scan for data -- but I was in an area with NO Sprint signal for 50 miles around, full 1x, no Sprint signal anywhere on SignalCheck, and data activity was listed as "disabled".

So that tells me that it's now dead... and if that's the case, I hope this AT&T roaming is a test before they take it nationwide... even if it's capped at 128k, the fact that it is an LTE connection will make the ping low enough that it can be usable for e-mail.

Now the question becomes how long will the voice roaming hang around... if Sprint is moving roaming to AT&T, it means they should pick up the pace on VoLTE so that voice roaming can happen there as well.

On the plus side, most of the areas where I need to roam is on US Cellular -- and that is working absolutely awesome, including full speed LTE (USCC is 5x5 on Band 5 only here so it's not fast -- but plenty fast for roaming and similar speeds to Sprint's B25 -- around 7-10 megs)... I'm on a 300 meg soft cap plan so that's more than enough for me since I don't roam a ton... but when I'm roaming I want it to work!

N

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumCT View Post
    Just curious where in NH you'd be spending time?

Device(s)
    iPhones, Moto Series, (many)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint
    Feedback Score

Prefer not to think either/or, let's do "and"

A long time ago Sprint did have roaming on Verizon and ATT (in the analog days-- at least in my market and some other places).

Anyway, my hope would be that Sprint add ATT and leave Verizon included.

I don't mind if roaming is throttled -- I'd certainly prefer 256K, but even 128K would work. Since I live in an area where one literally can carry both Verizon and ATT because neither covers, having access to both is the best world.

And yep, I get they don't want you roaming a ton. My family and I don't. We do though especially in the summer time when doing trips we only have time to do once a year.

I also realize they may kill the Verizon agreement in favor of an ATT one, but since both cover some of the same places, they could simply prioritize ATT over Verizon (or vice-versa)-- whichever is cheaper to Sprint. That-a-way if you happen to be in a place where only one offers service at all you still have a connection.

Since a lot of novices don't really recognize what's going on, their experience is simply that their Sprint phone works everywhere one can use a phone at all. That should be the goal state.

-Dan
    ---
    http://pages.uoregon.edu/dalbrich
    Eugene, OR -- Pacific Northwest

Feedback Score
    When I had Sprint, I found that the "Extended 3G" roaming generally wouldn't work AT ALL for data. Even with 5 bars, I most often wasn't able to even update email. And this wasn't dependent on what time during the billing cycle it was so it wasn't a case of going over the allotment. Which wasn't possible since I could t actually use the data in the first place.

Feedback Score
    To be fair though, I never had Extended LTE so I recognize that may be different.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast