Thread: Unlocking Note 5 currently on PagePlus possible?

Feedback Score

Unlocking Note 5 currently on PagePlus possible?

I was doing some research to move my sister to a new service from Straight Talk 45.00 plan and still unsure if her phone is unlocked for MintSim so seriously considering Cricket and putting her on one of the family plans to get her bill to 20.00 with 4gb data.

I thought heck, that would be good for me too if my phone was unlocked. Is it possible to get my Verizon Samsung Note 5 unlocked?

Thanks.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
    I was doing some research to move my sister to a new service from Straight Talk 45.00 plan and still unsure if her phone is unlocked for MintSim so seriously considering Cricket and putting her on one of the family plans to get her bill to 20.00 with 4gb data.

I thought heck, that would be good for me too if my phone was unlocked. Is it possible to get my Verizon Samsung Note 5 unlocked?

Thanks.
    Any Vzw LTE phone from the last several years comes unlocked for use with any GSM service, including Cricket or MintSIM.

Feedback Score

Unlocking Note 5 currently on PagePlus possible?

Maybe it's just semantics, Boz, but the TF family has been selling activation locked Verizon phones for a while. Such as your father's and my iPhone 5s. I think TF works with the manufacturer to get them that way.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Her Note 5 is not Tracfone branded, but it's still a good clarification, just in case diddlydudette's Note 5 would have been originally Tracfone branded, instead of originally Vzw branded.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Her Note 5 is not Tracfone branded, but it's still a good clarification, just in case diddlydudette's Note 5 would have been originally Tracfone branded, instead of originally Vzw branded.
    Thanks guys for the help.

My phone was purchased by me in Nov or Dec of 2015 from Verizon. I paid in full and put it on PagePlus. So I'll assume it is unlocked and can go to Cricket? Yay. Save money and get more data....cant' beat that.

My sister's phone is AT&T branded (Samsung Galaxy S4) and it's been on Straight Talk for 3 years at least. Cricket is suggesting I buy a Cricket sim to know if phone unlocked or not since no one can confirm. AT&T agrees that that will let me know for sure as they cant' confirm either.

Her phone takes a micro-sim. When looking at the Cricket sims, there are universal sims. Is that what I want to buy? Will that fit her phone? Some say nano but I couldn't find any that said micro...just not sure what to buy cheap just to try to test her phone.

Thanks again.

I had no idea my CDMA phone could go on MintSim. Dang....more to consider. I think I'll just go on Cricket because I get 1gb data now and pay 29.95 on PagePlus. If I moved to Cricket, I could put my sister and I on The family plan, after joining a group of 3, and each pay 20.00 a month for 4gb data each. The 1gb of data just isn't cutting it for me lately. I've been with PagePlus for so long though, I'd actually miss it.
    Last edited by diddlydudette; 06-15-2017 at 08:03 PM.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I think Cricket would be a good choice to save some money and get more data.

I know what u mean about leaving PPC. I used PPC for 14 years before I finally moved on.
    Vzw-$9.99/mo+$0.25/min 1999-2001
    PagePlus-2001-2015
    LycaMobile-v1 2013-2016
    Selectel-2013-2015
    Puppy-2014
    Tracfone-2015-2016
    TruPhone-2015-
    Red Pocket-2016-2017
    Piranha-2016-
    FreedomPop-GSM 2016-
    T-Mo-Data 2017-

Ericsson AF738 Jul01-Dec03
    Qualcomm QCP 2760 Dec03-Feb08
    LG VX-8600 Feb08-Apr10
    Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 Apr10-Nov11
    HTC Droid Inc ADR6300 (CM7.2) Nov11-Jun13
    HTC Droid Inc 2 ADR6350 (CM7.2) Jun13-May15
    LG G2 VS980 (Rooted) May15-Apr17
    LG Phoenix 2 Mar17-

Feedback Score
    I think Cricket would be a good choice to save some money and get more data.

I know what u mean about leaving PPC. I used PPC for 14 years before I finally moved on.
    14 years??!! Wow, that is a long time.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    14 years??!! Wow, that is a long time.
    Yep. I got my 1st cell phone in 1999 from Vzw on a 2 year contract for $9.99/mo PLUS $0.25/min. Most months I only used around 10 minutes. I RECEIVED $75 after rebates on the Ericsson AF738 I got with that Vzw contract, and I continued to use that phone until the end of 2003.

After that Vzw contract was up in 2001, I switched to the PPC $10/120 days Standard Plan, ~$30/YEAR, which provided as many minutes as I needed. I only spent $30/YEAR for my cell service until I finally switched to the PPC $80 annual plan in 2012, and finally left PPC in 2015 when I got my 1st LTE phone.

Feedback Score
    That S4 takes a micro SIM. I'd get a nano SIM and adapter. If Cricket doesn't have a 3 in1 SIM kit, get the Cricket nano SIM and use the micro cutout from a 99 cent Tracfone SIM kit. I suggest the nano to ease transferring it later to a newer phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aKansasKid View Post
    That S4 takes a micro SIM. I'd get a nano SIM and adapter. If Cricket doesn't have a 3 in1 SIM kit, get the Cricket nano SIM and use the micro cutout from a 99 cent Tracfone SIM kit. I suggest the nano to ease transferring it later to a newer phone.
    Thanks so much for the advice on the sim. Before I read your response, I had purchased this one at Best Buy.....only .99.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cricket-...?skuId=5153001

I haven't had too much experience with SIMs so any advice is welcome. Will the SIM I ordered work ok to test the phone? It was out of stock everywhere in my town so had to order it for pick-up next week some time.

Device(s)
    Moto G1, Moto E2, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Yep. I got my 1st cell phone in 1999 from Vzw on a 2 year contract for $9.99/mo PLUS $0.25/min. Most months I only used around 10 minutes. I RECEIVED $75 after rebates on the Ericsson AF738 I got with that Vzw contract, and I continued to use that phone until the end of 2003.

After that Vzw contract was up in 2001, I switched to the PPC $10/120 days Standard Plan, ~$30/YEAR, which provided as many minutes as I needed. I only spent $30/YEAR for my cell service until I finally switched to the PPC $80 annual plan in 2012, and finally left PPC in 2015 when I got my 1st LTE phone.
    Were you able to use up all of your balance before you left, or did you leave some on the table?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    Were you able to use up all of your balance before you left, or did you leave some on the table?
    I used most of it before I ported out. I think there was $7 or $8 left.

Device(s)
    Moto G1, Moto E2, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    I used most of it before I ported out. I think there was $7 or $8 left.
    That's pretty good. I think I may lose a bit more than that when I switch.

Feedback Score
    Thanks so much for the advice on the sim. Before I read your response, I had purchased this one at Best Buy.....only .99.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cricket-...?skuId=5153001

I haven't had too much experience with SIMs so any advice is welcome. Will the SIM I ordered work ok to test the phone? It was out of stock everywhere in my town so had to order it for pick-up next week some time.
    From the Customer Reviews there, it is indeed a "3-in-1" kit, so size won't be a problem. I assume to test the phone with this Cricket SIM, you'll have to pick, pay for, and activate one of Cricket's plans. In my experiences, SIM cards are tied to the phone number they are activated with, forever. So if you're only testing, you might not want to port a current number over, and let Cricket issue a new one. Otherwise, if activation fails, the ported number would still be at Cricket - I think.