Thread: Is there a fee

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score

Is there a fee

Is there a fee to port back in etc? Like a reconnection fee or something like that? Temporary ported a number out

Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app
    Sent from my windows phone

Feedback Score
    They may say you need a new sim card, they did when I ported out and ported back in a few days later. $25 for the new sim. You may or may not be able to get then to waive it. Call them and ask, they would give you a better answer than anyone here can.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Hopefully I won't have to get a new sim for 25. Had an important work call on that line I had to take this morning and hit a spot with no calls text or data so it hasn't been long. I'll call and see what they say

Feedback Score
    You may get lucky and even if you do you get someone willing to waive it. I've seen some people have luck getting the sim fee waived and other people they wouldn't budge on and charged them 25 for the sim. If they say you need a new sim all you can do is ask if there is a way for them to waive it. Doesn't hurt anything to try.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I plan to call in a few minutes. If I have to pay it still cheaper than what I would have lost by not taking the regional director phone call from work. His pet peeve is when people don't answer his calls.

It looks like quite a few online have posted about an LTE outage also

Feedback Score
    Make sure porting back in a work line is what's best for you before you do. Too many times people get caught up in marketing hype and really don't choose the carrier that is best for them. If your comfortable with it on T-Mobile and feel it was a 1 time issue that's one thing, if you feel that every time an important call comes in you have to worry you may not be able to receive the call and have to consider temporarily porting the number to receive that call, maybe T-Mobile is not the best option for that line. Just my 2 cents.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I'm definitely weighing the options for what's best. They have worked well overall but they have had some outgoing text issues for some reason. I'm guessing the flood of new customers is straining things

T-Mobile said no fees but i would have to get a new sim for $25. I told them I would think about it and get back to them

Feedback Score
    Do what's best for you and what you need from a wireless carrier. My experience was i bought into the marketing hype that bigger was better and ported to At&t, after a week I realized where I was T-Mobile covered it just as good as At&t and I was just paying for extra coverage in places I didn't go. So I ported back, that works the opposite way though also, some people get caught up in T-Mobiles marketing of being different and love what they stand for and where they are heading and they switch to T-Mobile because of that reason alone when T-Mobile just doesn't cover their area very well. People have to what's best for them and not what a commercial or a promotion says was best for them. It's real easy to get caught up in hype and marketing, the people in charge of marketing for all the carriers are really good at their jobs. It's all for nothing though if the service doesn't work when you need it to. Really do what's best for you, if it's an important work line especially.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    Yeah I'm definitely weighing the options for what's best. They have worked well overall but they have had some outgoing text issues for some reason. I'm guessing the flood of new customers is straining things

T-Mobile said no fees but i would have to get a new sim for $25. I told them I would think about it and get back to them

Call in and ask to speak to retentions/winback department. If you just ported out within the last few days and are porting the same number back in, then you don't need a new SIM card. They always want you to buy a new SIM card when most times you don't need to.
    I have ported in and out of T-Mobile a few times and if it was recent and it is the same number porting back in, then the old SIM can be used again. I know because I have done it.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    They ended up waiving it and let me use the same sim but looks like data is out and text also. T-Mobile seems to rarely have issues but when they go out it seems to take a while to get back up. Seeing quite a few complaints online

No text for me

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    They ended up waiving it and let me use the same sim but looks like data is out and text also. T-Mobile seems to rarely have issues but when they go out it seems to take a while to get back up. Seeing quite a few complaints online

No text for me

Glad it worked out for you. Now hopefully the service in your area will be fixed soon.