Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: My LG K8V isn't letting me move any apps to my SD card. Is this phone defective?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    372
    Device(s)
    LG Transpyre
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0

    My LG K8V isn't letting me move any apps to my SD card. Is this phone defective?

    What gives? My LG G4 started boot-looping last Saturday and I needed a quick replacement. I don't see the option for any apps at all and Opera Mini is moveable to the SD card. It's on the SD card of my old LG Transpyre that I use on wifi and was on my G4's SD card. It's been on the SD card of every android I've had in the last four years.
    Name:  Screenshot_2017-06-15-21-06-42.png
Views: 274
Size:  57.4 KB
    I Am Perfection
    -Jarrett178

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,754
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    A lot of Android phones don’t allow that.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    372
    Device(s)
    LG Transpyre
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    A lot of Android phones don’t allow that.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Had I known that this phone didn't, I never would've purchased it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    641
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrett178 View Post
    Had I known that this phone didn't, I never would've purchased it.
    Well if it's only been a few days then wipe the phone and return it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    67
    Feedback Score
    0
    Get the Samsung Galaxy j7

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    372
    Device(s)
    LG Transpyre
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kdimm222 View Post
    Get the Samsung Galaxy j7

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
    I only use LG phones

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    67
    Feedback Score
    0
    what do u like about lg? I like them both... I do wish lg phones would have a button on the front like galaxy phones

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    68
    Feedback Score
    0
    It could be the sd card memory might low

    Sent from my VS987 using HoFo mobile app

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,606
    Device(s)
    Moto G1, Moto E2, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Which version of Android does the phone have? Version 6 does not support moving apps to SD card. Version 5 and 7 does. At least that's what I've read about 7, but I don't have a phone that's been updated to 7 yet.

    With 6, you have to use adaptable storage. Some manufacturers have removed support for that though.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    372
    Device(s)
    LG Transpyre
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    Which version of Android does the phone have? Version 6 does not support moving apps to SD card. Version 5 and 7 does. At least that's what I've read about 7, but I don't have a phone that's been updated to 7 yet.

    With 6, you have to use adaptable storage. Some manufacturers have removed support for that though.
    I think it's 6.0.1. My G4 allowed transfer apps to my SD card and it was on Version 6.

    I'm probably gonna order a V20 on ebay when I go on my week vacation from work so I'm not too concerned. I'm not planning on using this phone forever. I just haven't did it yet cause the seller I order phones from requires you to be home to sign the package for delivery.

    Quote Originally Posted by kdimm222 View Post
    what do u like about lg? I like them both... I do wish lg phones would have a button on the front like galaxy phones

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
    Samsung phones look cheap. I hate physical buttons anywhere on my screen. I haven't had a phone with a physical home button in the last 4 and a half years. I've never had a phone that wasn't made by LG.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    641
    Feedback Score
    0
    Your LG G4 started boot looping and now your LG K8V won't let you move apps to SD card. But you love LG so much that you won't use anything else??

Similar Threads

  1. You cant move any apps to the SD card on the Optimus Elite.
    By Joe Petner in forum Virgin Mobile USA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-16-2012, 06:21 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 03:39 PM
  3. Sign...rep would not let me add Laptop Connect to my account
    By rdef in forum Other AT&T PDAs/Smartphones
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 12:21 AM
  4. My SLVR L7 won't let me assign MP3 ringtones off my card! HELP
    By psyber666 in forum Motorola Phone Problems
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-01-2006, 01:30 PM
  5. Help me download java app to my M55 please..
    By aghiecool in forum Siemens
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-15-2004, 06:47 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks