Thread: Will Bell let me buy a device without an account/plan?

Device(s)
    HTC Desire Z
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score

Will Bell let me buy a device without an account/plan?

Currently use Telus on a business plan I can't change but I'd love to buy a Moto G5 and unlock it. Will Bell sell it to me?

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    What diff does it make?
    Activate line, get device, cancel line
    Takes less time than argue with employees

(To answer initial question; often Bell does not allow you to purchase a high end device when new as they wish to reserve them for clients)
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $6 Loyalty - $42 Refer = $22 per Month
    Telus SK North American Wide 7GB = $65
    Chatr (Mobi) $40 North America Wide + 6GB + 30 Mins Roaming

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I tried to buy a Moto X from Bell two years ago and they wouldn't sell it because I don't have a line with them. My mom is with Bell so I bought it under her account out right without changing her plan, etc.

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    I didn't have any luck with Bell over two and a half years ago trying to buy a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 outright. In two Bell stores I was told I had to be an existing Bell customer. Even though I was an existing Virgin Mobile (owned by Bell) customer, they just didn't care.

Mr.Peppermint is right, both Bell stores recommended I open a line for a minimum of 30 days and they said I could cancel after that. I didn't want to pay for a month's of service I didn't need. And when I cancelled my Bell home phone a short time earlier, it took months for Bell to finally cancel my service! I didn't want to go through that all over again.

When I tried again at the first Bell store, another woman started to put a Note 4 through their computer, but then demanded a mandatory $35 or $50 activation fee. (I'm not sure of the exact amount now.) I told her I'm not paying an activation fee to buy a phone outright and I walked out.

I ended up buying the Note 4 that I'm using right now at The Source.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    FYI: ^The Source is also owned by Bell.

Feedback Score
    One Bhell Store didn't even let me buy a SIM Card to activate later. I never went to any of their stores again or activated anything Wireless with Bhell.

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jattdesi View Post
    FYI: ^The Source is also owned by Bell.
    Yeah, two Bell stores wouldn't sell me a Note 4 for full price unless I paid them extra, yet Bell-owned The Source eventually did.

The first Source store only had one Note 4, and the salesman bluntly told me they would only sell it to someone who also signed a two-year contract of a certain amount per month. (I forgot the figure now.) He agreed I'd be crazy to leave my grandfathered Virgin Mobile plan with 6 GB for $65 a month.

The second Source store had four in stock so they sold me one outright with no extra fees. Finally!
    Quote Originally Posted by 5714 View Post
    One Bhell Store didn't even let me buy a SIM Card to activate later. I never went to any of their stores again or activated anything Wireless with Bhell.
    'Bhell' is right. What awful customer service. They only seem to care about increasing their profits. I have never dealt with them again.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    I didn't have any luck with Bell over two and a half years ago trying to buy a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 outright. In two Bell stores I was told I had to be an existing Bell customer. Even though I was an existing Virgin Mobile (owned by Bell) customer, they just didn't care.

Mr.Peppermint is right, both Bell stores recommended I open a line for a minimum of 30 days and they said I could cancel after that. I didn't want to pay for a month's of service I didn't need. And when I cancelled my Bell home phone a short time earlier, it took months for Bell to finally cancel my service! I didn't want to go through that all over again.

When I tried again at the first Bell store, another woman started to put a Note 4 through their computer, but then demanded a mandatory $35 or $50 activation fee. (I'm not sure of the exact amount now.) I told her I'm not paying an activation fee to buy a phone outright and I walked out.

I ended up buying the Note 4 that I'm using right now at The Source.

They get a commission if you keep it 30 days. You can cancel the same day and pay for only 1 day. Just don't argue with the store people - buy it, go home dial 611 and cancel it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using HoFo mobile app