Thread: $40 Plan Calling US from Canada

Feedback Score

$40 Plan Calling US from Canada

Do these plans include calling from Mexico or Canada? Has anybody tried it? The wife has a work trip to Canada and there will be hell to pay if i set her up on a plan that wouldnt allow calls back to the US.

Feedback Score
    Yes it does if she roams she get 1000 minutes

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Turbo 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MayorOfSexyTown View Post
    Do these plans include calling from Mexico or Canada? Has anybody tried it? The wife has a work trip to Canada and there will be hell to pay if i set her up on a plan that wouldnt allow calls back to the US.
    No, they do not.

Carrier(s)
    ATT, TMO, VZ
    Feedback Score
    I don't think the $40 plan does. The $60 plan appears to include Mexico and Canada.

$40 Unlimited Talk to the U.S., Unlimited Text from the U.S. to over 200 international destinations including Mexico, Canada and Puerto Rico, with 3GB of high-speed data* (Incl. Always-On Data), Carryover Data**, and Mobile Hotspot

$50 Unlimited Talk to the U.S. Unlimited Text from the U.S. to over 200 international destinations including Mexico, Canada and Puerto Rico, with 7GB of high-speed data* (Incl. Always-On Data), Carryover Data**, and Mobile Hotspot

$60 Unlimited Talk and Text to the U.S., Mexico and Canada, Unlimited Text in the U.S. and to over 200 international destinations including Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico, with 10GB of high-speed data* (Incl. Always-On Data), Carryover Data**, and Mobile Hotspot

$80 Unlimited Data. Unlimited Talk and Text to the U.S., Mexico and Canada, Unlimited text from the U.S. to over 200 international destinations including Mexico, Canada and Puerto Rico***

Device(s)
    Turbo 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cctraderx View Post
    I don't think the $40 plan does. The $60 plan appears to include Mexico and Canada.
    The OP is talking about calling from Canada to the US. That is not included in any of the prepaid plans.

Feedback Score
    At least you will have some peace and quiet until she gets back

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mightynimbus View Post
    At least you will have some peace and quiet until she gets back
    LMAO thats great! Guess i may have to swap her to Gophone. I kinda thought it wouldnt work but was hoping it might be considered roaming and we could just pay extra for calls.

Thanks everyone!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Go with AT&T GoPhone, I recently setup a family member on the $45 ($40 with autopay).

Phone worked excellent in Canada on LTE and was able to make calls to Canada and USA without issues.

and worked amazingly well in USA as well as AT&T network is excellent.
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Go with AT&T GoPhone, I recently setup a family member on the $45 ($40 with autopay).

Phone worked excellent in Canada on LTE and was able to make calls to Canada and USA without issues.

and worked amazingly well in USA as well as AT&T network is excellent.
    Yeah Im on Gophone and put the wife on Verizon Prepaid to see which would work better in a remote part of Arkansas (no wifi at cabin either) we go to periodically. As luck would have it the Verizon service works much better than my ATT. Ordering a signal booster off Amazon to see if it will upgrade my Gophone service. Fingers crossed it works so I can switch both our accounts to Gophone.