Thread: So, when is the relaunch? Really.

Feedback Score

So, when is the relaunch? Really.

So when is it? What's the delay? I heard mid to late summer but until I see it, no believer here.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It’s not even summer yet. 3 days away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    Maybe so. But the original launch was announced LAST May. lol. Still not holding my breath and even if it does launch, it will have to be pretty spectacular to make an impact at all in today's market. Beyond Talk was wonderful but that was 2010...many many summers ago.. lol.. they are treating it like a start up but to start up they have to start.. I guess we will know by Fall but really Virgin Mobile's been so neglected, it's an uphill battle ... all summer long...

Feedback Score
    If you're expecting this to be groundbreaking, I wouldn't hold my breath. Sprint's network is inferior so in order to get me to switch, it would have to be really disruptive and huge.

Sent from my Z981 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well whatever it may be, it must beat Sprint's 1 year free of service and Straight Talks new data plans. I'm not so sure Branson has anything Major up his sleeve.
    Home Entertainment: Comcast Blast Pro 200 internet(Xfinity XB3 Arris TG1682G 24x8 Docsis 3.0 modem, IPv6 enabled), Xfinity Digital Preferred TV(Tivo Bolt(Main DVR)/Tivo Mini(Bedroom), Xfinity Voice EMTA XB3 with Voice Unlimited.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicpdx17 View Post
    Well whatever it may be, it must beat Sprint's 1 year free of service and Straight Talks new data plans. I'm not so sure Branson has anything Major up his sleeve.
    Someone else, somewhere mentioned Sprint may have done that to increase customer base to prepare for a merger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I read an article that said the new plan might have something to do with selling used iphones and possibly connected to an unlimited plan at a discount. I guess sprint has a lot of old iphones because people upgrade to a new iphone every 2 years or so.

I doubt any new plan will be cheaper whatever the deal is.

However, I am switching to boost so with my luck they will have a great deal now.

Feedback Score
    I don't think they'll relaunch, I believe they'll shut it down soon and migrate to Boost. If Sprint merges with anyone, VM would go away. If they continue on their own, they'll need to cut costs and get rid of the brand anyway. Sprint is already modernizing some Boost locations. They can't afford to split prepaid into two brands. I believe their 1-year free promo was originally supposed to be a VM deal, but they decided to try it on Sprint. Some time ago VM was trialing a 6-month free service with phone purchase.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X- Moto X PE(2)- SG SIII- LG G Pad- Nokia 6102b
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Tello, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    The days of locking a device to single service provider has long since past, so......... IMO one of the most important steps the Sprint Pre-Paid division should take would be to allow full BYOD to their services.
    Meaning any Sprint network compatible phone, but especially the ability to move Sprint Post-Paid and Pre-Paid branded devices over to and between the 3 pre-paid subsidiaries.

I would agree that Sprint should jettison Virgin and certainly SPP(Sprint Pre-Paid) and focus on Boost.

Feedback Score
    Here is the new plan

https://www.virginmobileusa.com/plans

For a limited time, buy an iPhone and get your first 12 months of unlimited service for $1 plus taxes.

Says you must use the $50 inner circle plan which requires auto pay.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post
    Here is the new plan

https://www.virginmobileusa.com/plans

For a limited time, buy an iPhone and get your first 12 months of unlimited service for $1 plus taxes.

Says you must use the $50 inner circle plan which requires auto pay.
    What are you autopaying for , $1 or $1 x12?!

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Is this the only plan they are offering now? I see no other plans showing. Also looks like Iphone only.
    Last edited by southchatham; 06-21-2017 at 12:14 PM.

Device(s)
    LG K3
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by southchatham View Post
    Is this the only plan they are offering now? I see no other plans showing. Also looks like Iphone only.
    When I go to Change my Plan I still get the familiar options, but on the website all I see is the unlimited data $50/month option.
    $20 Unlimited Talk/500 Text Offer exclusive for Virgin Mobile handsets purchased at Walmart Wi-Fi only Plan
    $35 Unlimited Talk Text and Data with 5GB 4G LTE High Speed Data
    $45 Unlimited Talk Text and Data with 10GB 4G LTE High Speed Data
    $60 Unlimited Talk Text and 4G LTE High Speed Data Additional services available for purchase (Mobile Hotspot, International Calling, Entertainment Options)

The website only lists: Virgin Mobile Inner Circle $50/mo Unlimited talk, text and data. Only with AutoPay
    LG K3 on Virgin Mobile ($20 a month Walmart Plan)
    2 Samsung SCH-u410™ w/Verizon Prepaid ($5 month & $15 month grandfathered plans)

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, Nexus 5X
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post
    When I go to Change my Plan I still get the familiar options, but on the website all I see is the unlimited data $50/month option.
    $20 Unlimited Talk/500 Text Offer exclusive for Virgin Mobile handsets purchased at Walmart Wi-Fi only Plan
    $35 Unlimited Talk Text and Data with 5GB 4G LTE High Speed Data
    $45 Unlimited Talk Text and Data with 10GB 4G LTE High Speed Data
    $60 Unlimited Talk Text and 4G LTE High Speed Data Additional services available for purchase (Mobile Hotspot, International Calling, Entertainment Options)

The website only lists: Virgin Mobile Inner Circle $50/mo Unlimited talk, text and data. Only with AutoPay
    I believe the Inner Circle will be the only plan going forward. I'm guessing those who currently have Virgin will be grandfathered, and may even be able to switch between grandfathered plans for a while. I believe to sign up for the Inner Circle plan you'll need to have an iPhone.

Device(s)
    LG K3
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    I believe the Inner Circle will be the only plan going forward. I'm guessing those who currently have Virgin will be grandfathered, and may even be able to switch between grandfathered plans for a while. I believe to sign up for the Inner Circle plan you'll need to have an iPhone.
    I think you are correct, that they will become an iPhone only company.

Quote Originally Posted by Patently Apple
    Virgin Mobile USA, a subsidiary of Sprint, has struck a deal with Apple as part of a broader revamp of its business that will see it ditch Android phones in the coming years and become what it claims is the first iPhone-only network.
    http://www.patentlyapple.com/patentl...y-network.html
    I wonder if we can transfer our old Android phones to Sprint? I am having a lot of dropped calls and missed text messages and I don't know what to do! I have no idea of Sprint will be better as they are the same company.